Twin Troll

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree146Likes

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2013, 08:37 AM
"Shay-see"
Here's the thread where the poop hit the fan

...or if you feel like watching the whole trainwreck, just look up the username and find all posts.

I think I was new when that was going down so I never saw her signature. Sounds like I'm glad for it.

March 13th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
This might be my pregnancy brain speaking, but what are y'all talking about? I do remember someone whose boyfriend was overseas, but was she faking? And she came back. As whom?

I saw the new reply right after I posted mine. She came back?
March 13th, 2013, 08:44 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Arwen - OMGITSTWINS was using another JM poster's photos that she hacked from her photobucket and facebook. Not proven but suspected that she was SerenitysMom..
Spyctre and Seasaidh like this.
March 13th, 2013, 08:45 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenj915 View Post
Sorry but that typo almost made me fall out of my chair laughing.

LOL!!!! Totally didn't mean to do that!! But.... eh, same thing
soul_donut likes this.

March 13th, 2013, 08:49 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I definitely thought something was fishy with her whole story from the minute she started posting, but I'm a naturally suspicious person, so I just let it be (I work at a police department and listen to people make up a lot of BS, so my radar was going off lol). Then when she posted about losing the twins, I didn't even read it after the first 3 posts because I was thinking "Oh geez, here we go." ...I went back like 4 days later and saw all the drama that went on and was so sad that I missed it in action! haha

But man, my instincts were dead on! As well as many of you other ladies' instincts! Good job detectives!
March 13th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you saying that that poster's facebook account and photobucket account also had all stolen pics? Because the pics on those accounts seemed to match the ones posted here. Were those all from the other JMer who got hacked?

I didn't want to get involved in this conversation at all, but now I'm dying of curiosity as to what happened! Maybe I'm super gullible or something, because the Georgia/Jamaica thing, engagement thing, and m/c totally didn't raise any flags for me at all!! I also didn't notice any similarities between her and SerenitysMom. I'm also not the most observant person in the world either, so I guess I'm not surprised that I totally missed all this drama!

August 2012 December 2012
March 13th, 2013, 08:54 AM
"Shay-see"
Not proven but suspected *nods*
jennyrae03 likes this.

March 13th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I too wonder if they were the same person.
The second person's story was just too complicated to be true. I was holding out hope that it was real, but it just got more and more strange!
March 13th, 2013, 08:58 AM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I figured her out after her second post. I wasn't here for the first troll.
There was one in my last Playroom. She was good. She was around for more than a year ( "had a second baby" during her time here). She participated in gift exchanges. She was in our private group. Most of us were FB friends with her. I don't remember what finally made it come out--it may have been someone researching her photos--her life was perfect, her kids were prefect, every photo of them was perfect. She had just enough drama to be normal. That was a big surprise. After another troll early on, we did belly pics (with our face included) with a handwritten sign that had the date and our JM user name.
Spyctre and Fortroseberry like this.

March 13th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Veteran
Now going back and reading the posts again I can definitely see the similarities in the posting style. It was such a heart-wrenching story that I felt so bad for her, now I feel dumb that I fell for it.

03/13 - missed miscarriage at 11 weeks
March 13th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Fortroseberry's Avatar Veteran
Yikes *Lana*! Or is that even your name
*Lana* and jennyrae03 like this.

Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I have no instincts and take it all at face value. lol

19 year old with dying mother, dead cat, dick ex-dh, and a sudden hysterectomy? Sounds legit!
Leah
Yeah, her first post as OMG.... seemed off to me as well. It was written as if a younger person wrote it, not anyone in their mid 30s. The timing, the gushing..... Sad. But also totally messed up to steal someone's images.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
March 13th, 2013, 09:06 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had several in the May 2013 DDC, it caused quite the drama.

I don't remember any that stood out in my Sept 09 DDC, but I'm sure there were some.

In the July 07 DDC we had one who I believed was real for years, but I guess got tired of the board and decided to make a grand exit by faking job drama and a pregnancy. That was interesting...

March 13th, 2013, 09:13 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Ladies I promise you I'm not a troll.... Unless you want to cross my bridge.
March 13th, 2013, 09:13 AM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortroseberry View Post
Yikes *Lana*! Or is that even your name
You caught me. You are correct, *Lana* is not my name. It is actually Lana. I like to have a certain amount of anonymity on here, so I figured the astericks would conceal my true identity.
Anitha and I go way back...almost 5 years together on JM.

March 13th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
Ladies I promise you I'm not a troll.... Unless you want to cross my bridge.
LOL!!! I could smell the crazy sauce, but after the fist troll incident i wasn't even going to touch this one lol. I can't believe that some of you ladies encountered some of these trolls that continued over YEARS! I cant imagine how exhausting and weird it would be to live a lie like that. Oh well, lets just hope we dont have to see this again, its getting annoying.
March 13th, 2013, 09:28 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermother View Post
I knew from her first post. Just way too out there. I also did wonder if it was the same chick from before.

See girls, that's because we are so awesome everyone wants to be like us
I knew from her first post too. I have no tolerance for trolls. The longer I stay on JM the more I feel a need to protect myself from crazies! And yes, if you are lying online to people, you obviously have something wrong with you. It is not normal!!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
March 13th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Leah
If we get another I suggest a code word to warn the others of our suspicions. Ya know, just start talking popcorn or something.

Hey we could use this as inspiration for our theme. We can be trolls or super-sleuths. Poor, misunderstood trolls who guard their bridges and get bad raps because of people online....

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
March 13th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Lana* View Post
You caught me. You are correct, *Lana* is not my name. It is actually Lana. I like to have a certain amount of anonymity on here, so I figured the astericks would conceal my true identity.
Anitha and I go way back...almost 5 years together on JM.
Lol *Lana*! I guess then I gave up all anonymity by using my actual name as my username Btw I remember the troll incident we had and I even remember I think it was Taylor who suggested we do the belly shots with the sign held up BUT I forgot who the actuall troll was?? Can you refresh my memory?? I could be so stupid and even have them in my friends list on FB until now!!

Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search