Twin Troll

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree146Likes

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2013, 09:50 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I honestly don't think it was Serenitysmom only because she seemed like she had major mental disorders and OMGITTWINS just seemed like someone who liked ******* around on JM for kicks and giggles and attention. Both are scary tho. Actually Serenitysmom scared me more - she seemed like the type of person to do something seriously scary.

I think we should do something like that. Hold up a sign, with our ultrasound pic and show our belly, lol.

I know one of the playrooms did that with their kids to weed out the trolls.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
March 13th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like the "popcorn" idea! Some sort of code word that we can use when we're suspicious.
anothermother likes this.

August 2012 December 2012
March 13th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I knew too. I never responded to anything of hers... just wondered when she would pull a drama card for attention.

That is freaky about your PR Lana!!!
March 13th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkerBeeMama View Post
I honestly don't think it was Serenitysmom only because she seemed like she had major mental disorders and OMGITTWINS just seemed like someone who liked ******* around on JM for kicks and giggles and attention. Both are scary tho. Actually Serenitysmom scared me more - she seemed like the type of person to do something seriously scary.

I think we should do something like that. Hold up a sign, with our ultrasound pic and show our belly, lol.

I know one of the playrooms did that with their kids to weed out the trolls.
I would like this too, but I would rather wait until we have a private room. In Feb 2010 we used a random photo prop...one picture with you and your sono pic held over your head, you and a newspaper/mgazine with date, and you with your a green apple. So random.

March 13th, 2013, 10:02 AM
That's a good idea!

Mindy & Josh
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
March 13th, 2013, 10:02 AM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitha View Post
Lol *Lana*! I guess then I gave up all anonymity by using my actual name as my username Btw I remember the troll incident we had and I even remember I think it was Taylor who suggested we do the belly shots with the sign held up BUT I forgot who the actuall troll was?? Can you refresh my memory?? I could be so stupid and even have them in my friends list on FB until now!!
Don't remember user name, but she went by Sarah. I believe her FB account was closed. She came after the belly shots.

March 13th, 2013, 10:18 AM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I'm legit... or I used to be (LRW was my user name back then...again, unique). This is all we did. I would have been about 25 weeks or so here. No fancy photoshop or instaram effects, no printed signs. Just an unedited (this also happened to be unflattering) picture with a handwritten sign. It isn't foolproof...give me 5-10 minutes and I could edit it to reflect this pregnancy, but something like this is a good start. It was encouraged, but optional as some people don't want to do this.

March 13th, 2013, 10:20 AM
I like that. I think we should wait til our bellies get bigger though since some women don't show until later on.
Iluvmybabies* and *Lana* like this.

Mindy & Josh
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
March 13th, 2013, 10:29 AM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
I was patiently waiting for OMG to say something really dumb so I could call her on it. She wasn't worth getting an infraction over although I did contemplate it several times.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
March 13th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Infraction? Does JM really give you warnings or citations for calling trolls out?

Mindy & Josh
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
March 13th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I thought her username seemed hoaky. The emergency hysterectomy was what got me, though. And then of course she explained that away with her clotting disorder, which she had never mentioned before.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
March 13th, 2013, 11:21 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Alright, this thread has made the guilt too much for me!

I must admit it, I am actually pregnant with quads. I am having 4 raccoons and I live in the South Pole.

Infact I've been faking all my pics, this is the real me

I like to collect pet rocks and I have 2 imaginary friends. Furnando the elephant is my best buddy and Fausha the leprechaun helps keep me sain.

Sometimes I travel through time too. I like the future best.

Omg! Seriously making up crap like that is hard, how time consuming is it to try to do an almost believable life and keep it straight.

All I know is I am 2 for 2 on pegging them so far.

March 13th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyctre View Post
I have no instincts and take it all at face value. lol

19 year old with dying mother, dead cat, dick ex-dh, and a sudden hysterectomy? Sounds legit!

you're hysterical !!! it was just off the wall.. i rolled my eyes at that post, what a joke !
March 13th, 2013, 11:42 AM
"Shay-see"
Well, forgive me for getting a little bit political here (and fwiw I'll probably participate because I don't care so much either way and I don't want anyone to be suspicious of me) but some people are very private and camera-shy. I think it's a bit socially dangerous to assume that anyone who doesn't want to post their belly/face or face/sonogram or whatever is a troll.

I dunno. I guess I just value the availability of privacy over security, as a rule. I'll trust my brain to sniff out trolls or spurious stories, and if someone gets through then... well... congratulations to them? The consequences of trolls getting away with it aren't bad enough to warrant policy changes, imho. *shrug*

Consider that someone faking a pregnancy might be sterile IRL and desperately want to participate in the social aspects of being pregnant, and lying online to strangers is the best way to simulate it for them. I'm not saying it's okay or right, I'm saying that people who do this sort of thing tend to have a wide range of personal reasons for doing it, and while we may not approve of what they do, we might be able to grasp how such a thing could take place.

Wren and ~*Nicole*~ like this.

"Shay-see"

This is the 2nd time today that trying to edit a typo has resulted in a double-post. What is going on???

Last edited by Seasaidh; March 13th, 2013 at 12:38 PM.
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so happy I was not the only one who thought she was a troll the whole time. It is one of those things you can't really blurt out and say when it is just a hunch.
March 13th, 2013, 11:44 AM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure whats worse, the trolls or those that blatantly stick their head in the sand on the trolls behalf and vehemently defend them, to the point of getting nasty with woman who are upset about a nut-job lying to everyone Its one thing to deal with someone that is so clearly lying. Its a whole other thing to be their defender.

I gotta say, I'm grateful for our little facebook DDC spin-off. I feel like we can talk more freely without getting jumped with the crazies that come on JM.
March 13th, 2013, 11:46 AM
mamarazzi40's Avatar Veteran
I missed the first one too, but the second one with the whole series of one extreme bad thing happening after another seemed too far fetched for me. I'm too old for drama.

I just don't get it.

Fortroseberry likes this.
March 13th, 2013, 11:46 AM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkerBeeMama View Post
Infraction? Does JM really give you warnings or citations for calling trolls out?
Yes, i got an infraction over serinities mom. And the concerns I had about were never addressed here on JM. I even sent the board a message asking who owned the board and they never replied to me. I still expect to hear about that chick on the evening news at some point. I do feel better about calling law enforcement in her town, she seriously needs help before she gets custody of her kids back.
March 13th, 2013, 11:48 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I suspected a troll as well but I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. Guess I'm too gullible. I'm glad she was figured out, that was a lot drama.

Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search