Name stealing?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2013, 07:34 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I never really thought about anyone stealing my name, lol. I think I would be honored if someone chose to use it. My name is shared. My first name is Jamie and my middle name is Shalon (shall-un). My aunt named her daughter Shalon when she had her a few years after I was born. I think it is kind of cool.
My SIL told me after I had Tristen that she wanted to name her son LaTristen if she ever had a boy. Kinda glad I used Tristen then because LaTristen sounds like a girl to me, lol.
She has since lost a baby and they named him Robert Miles. I would never think of using that name since it has such special meaning to them. They have also talked about using the name Talon for a boy. I LOVE the name, but to me they deserve to have that name to themselves after what they went through.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
March 18th, 2013, 07:48 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't really care if anyone used names I already used or had picked, if I like it I'll pick it. When I was thinking of names for my daughter I mentioned to a girl I used to talk with online a lot that I was really leaning towards Bayleigh Madeline. She was pregnant and due before me, her daughter ended up being named Bryleigh Madison. Seems pretty close to me But oh well I still used my name.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}

Forever missing my Mom...
March 18th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You could call him Benji. I have a soft spot for that nn. I love Bennet. I just learned that my cousin is going to name her boy Bennet, but I've only seen her once in the last 8 years and she lives on the other side of the country. So honestly, it wouldn't be an issue. But we're both cool like that. Haha. She told me this weekend that she will have a kid named Kelsey, both after me and her DH's brother. I thought that was awesome.

IMHO, I think it's so petty to pull the "stealing" card. When we were naming Oliver, we chose Michael for his middle name because that's my dad's name. My SIL threw the biggest b!tch fit EVER because she should be able to use the name, not me. I honestly didn't see the problem with both of us using it considering 3 kids in my family have that as a middle name. In the end, my brother didn't even want to use the name, he wanted to use his name as the middle name. It was so dumb! I would have used the name no matter what.

My younger sister is pregnant right now and she keeps telling me that I "stole" all the good names. That confuses me because this is her first, so I really couldn't have "stole" anything anyways!

I really like the name Ash for a boy. My SIL's DD's name is Ashley, I'm pretty sure she would throw an equally huge b!tch fit as the last if I were to use that name. Haha! I might just do that out of spite.

Seriously, though, if you like the name, use it. If they feel it's been stolen, they can deal with it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search