First trimester weight gain?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2013, 07:36 AM
YoginiMomma's Avatar Veteran
I've read that it's recommended to gain 0-5 pounds in the first trimester, depending on the source.

I'm 8 weeks today and I've gained 2-3.... I don't feel good about it because I was at a healthy weight to begin and I don't see the point of gaining weight where I don't need to- I know it's because I've only been able to eat carbs and haven't been exercising as much as I usually do. It's also probably a lot of bloating, water weight, slowed digestion, blood volume, etc.

How much weight have you gained?

*"It is through the body we realize we are a spark of divinity"* ~ Iyengar

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 18th, 2013, 07:39 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've gained 4lbs so far, I'm almost out of the first trimester so I feel like its on target.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

March 18th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Super Mommy
At eight weeks depending on the day I was up 2-3 but now at 10 weeks and the bloating has gone down I am back down to only one pound up.

03/13 - missed miscarriage at 11 weeks
March 18th, 2013, 07:45 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I haven't gained anything. I really feel like gaining is better than not or even loosing. My last pregnancy I lost 24lbs in the 1st 16 weeks and my doctor was very concerned. It was scary.

So a few pounds is not a bad thing.

March 18th, 2013, 07:47 AM
YoginiMomma's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley83 View Post
At eight weeks depending on the day I was up 2-3 but now at 10 weeks and the bloating has gone down I am back down to only one pound up.
that is so good to hear!!!! I'm so tired of being uncomfortably bloated 2 more weeks!

*"It is through the body we realize we are a spark of divinity"* ~ Iyengar

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 18th, 2013, 07:51 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
When I went back to the doc last week I had actually lost 2 lbs. I think I had gained about 4 or 5 before that, but I wasn't really keeping track.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
March 18th, 2013, 08:00 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I have gained 3 or 4 pounds, but part of that is from not working out. When you are used to working out several times a week and then don't work out at all, you're bound to gain a few pounds. It's just so hard with my new work schedule - it seems like it consumes my entire day and I don't have time for anything else!
March 18th, 2013, 08:28 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I've gained about 4 lbs and I'm almost completely out of the firs trimester.. I actually don't feel bad about the weight gain because it's obvious it's my stomach, butt, and boobs
March 18th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Veteran
I've gained about 5 pounds already, and I'm surprised. I'm at an average/low weight and have been within + or - 3 pounds for 15 years or so. And I haven't felt like I've been eating much more. But I think you're right in that I've been exercising less, and am quite bloated. My doctor said to not worry about things at all unless you start gaining weight really rapidly (like 2 pounds a day) because that can indicate a major problem (I forget the name...), and that you should just track things and shoot for 25-25 pounds in the end.
On another note, my sister is more petite than I am, and she only gained 20 pounds total... she weighed 2 pounds more than me when she was 8 months pregnant (and I was not pregnant!).
March 18th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Veteran
I've gained about 5 pounds already, and I'm surprised. I'm at an average/low weight and have been within + or - 3 pounds for 15 years or so. And I haven't felt like I've been eating much more. But I think you're right in that I've been exercising less, and am quite bloated. My doctor said to not worry about things at all unless you start gaining weight really rapidly (like 2 pounds a day) because that can indicate a major problem (I forget the name...), and that you should just track things and shoot for 25-25 pounds in the end.
On another note, my sister is more petite than I am, and she only gained 20 pounds total... she weighed 2 pounds more than me when she was 8 months pregnant (and I was not pregnant!).
March 18th, 2013, 08:48 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
honestly when you are pregnant, if you were at a healthy weight to start with, its not good to stress over your weight. Of course don't gain 80lbs, but its not worth the stress, you are only pregnant for 9 months, you have the rest of the babies life to get the weight off.

2-3lbs is nothing.

March 18th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbears View Post
honestly when you are pregnant, if you were at a healthy weight to start with, its not good to stress over your weight. Of course don't gain 80lbs, but its not worth the stress, you are only pregnant for 9 months, you have the rest of the babies life to get the weight off.

2-3lbs is nothing.
I agree!

And to quote some enlightened yoga lovin board member for a few weeks ago...
"You are not a body, you are light--- your body is a tool to serve LOVE."

Seriously, I am not posting that to tease you. I actually remembered you saying it because I loved it. I have been a skinny girl all my life and my first pregnancy I was very concerned about gaining weight, staying fit, and getting back in shape the moment I left the hospital. IT SUCKED!

I think sometimes when you have spent your life being told you are so lucky to be thin, to have a tiny waist, blah blah blah... it is disconcerting to know that may change and also to feel a little out of control of it all. Let go a bit if you can, you eat healthy and exercise and you will gain the appropriate amount of weight for you and your baby.
Anitha and soul_donut like this.

March 18th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Leah
I've probably put on at least 5, maybe 7 at my highest. I know it's fluctuating. I'm trying not to worry now, though there's some vanity issues going on. I am just having such a hard time with food that I'm eating a lot of carbs, a lot of junk. Eating constantly to ward off the nausea isn't helping either, I'm sure.

I'm just hoping that once out of this trimester, I'll feel better and be able to meal plan and start exercising more. I feel like I use all my energy working.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
March 18th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Regular
I've probably gained close to 5, but it's because I'm so sick that I have to eat constantly to try and keep my nausea under control- and that means a lot of carbs. When I'm not pregnant I exercise at least 4 days/ week and eat few carbs. Now, breads and anything white and bland I have to eat and it makes me gain weight, but I don't have a choice. I'm also not exercising and that combined with water weight/blood volume... recipe for disaster on that scale !! UGH !!
March 18th, 2013, 10:32 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm up 1lb.

March 18th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I am not sure of my weight, but at my 8 week appointment I hadn't gained anything. I feel like I've gained 10. I normally don't eat wheat. No allergy, maybe an intolerance, but I just feel better being gluten-free. Lately, I feel best eating bread. I've been on a soup and bread bowl kick, sandwiches, or anything else bready.

I feel really thick. My arms feel swollen, my fingers feel fat, my legs look big, and I have jowls. I've been feeling better lately so I think I'll slow down eating so much. I predict that by the end of this I'll be at my normal weight, and I will go home from the hospital weighing less than pre-pregnancy. That's how mine usually go.
March 18th, 2013, 11:12 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
I'm down 7lbs and I was pretty small to begin with. Booo morning sickness!!

March 18th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Idk. I had lost 15, but then I went on Zofran. Now I'm scared to get on the scale.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
March 18th, 2013, 11:20 AM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
I've lost about 10lbs.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
March 18th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Loni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At my last appt. at the end of Feb. I was down 1lb. I haven't really weighed myself recently but I hope I haven't lost any more. I have no desire to eat and am finding it hard to force myself to eat.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search