Seriously Stuck on a Nursery Theme

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jamieshalon2
  • 1 Post By Allisonjuly

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2013, 11:04 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been pouring over nursery theme ideas today. Most of what is out there seems WAY over the top IMO, but I am stuck on this theme of Sea Creatures (Whales, Octopuses, Sea Horses, ect). My mom thought I was crazy until I sent her some examples of how cute they can be done up. I don't really want to go too overboard with the under the sea theme, I like pairing the animals (or sea creatures) with the alphabet. I just can't get another theme to feel as right to me.

I started off today trying to think of themes more appropriate for a girl, since whales seem more like a boy's theme, but nothing is clicking for me. I thought about Pinwheels, dandelions, flowers, but it just doesn't feel right to me. Maybe I can find a way to make it gender neutral, or focus more on sea horses/ star fish for a girl and whales/ octopuses for a boy? Even though I suspect it's a boy, I really wish I knew the gender now!

Anyone else stuck on a theme or have even though about nursery themes?

March 19th, 2013, 11:13 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You could do purple and pink seahorses and starfish, with more teal colors and then if it is a boy, you could do darker blues and greens? I think you could make it work! I have no clue what we will do...I like too many things!
March 19th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Or mermaids for a girl could be cute!

I haven't even thought about a nursery theme so you are way ahead of me. I'm sure there are cute ideas on pinterest!
March 19th, 2013, 11:28 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
a Sea creature theme sounds so cute. I did a theme with my first, but by the time he was 2 months old I hated it, lol. I haven't really done anymore after that.
OrangeHope likes this.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
March 19th, 2013, 11:31 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
I think under the sea could go either way. like that theme a lot!! I'm dead set on doing a dr Seuss theme for our new nursery. The baby won't care about the nursery theme and the decor is more for the parents anyway I say go for it!

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

March 19th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Nature things like that can go either way. =) If it's a girl, maybe have a mermaid? I did an under the sea mural for a classroom a few years back. Just made it bright and fun.
March 19th, 2013, 01:23 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think under the sea theme can be for a girl or boym id just play around with the colors.

March 19th, 2013, 01:59 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I think it could go either way, or if I change my mind with the LOTS of time I have, Sea Creatures are always cute in the bathroom regardless.

I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself.

March 19th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You are on top of things!
MrsPea likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search