Recipes....

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Laurenj915
  • 1 Post By Irshtripletsmommy
  • 1 Post By Effervescence
  • 1 Post By jamieshalon2
  • 1 Post By Irshtripletsmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2013, 07:55 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I just wanted to start a thread that we can all add to through out our pregnancies. Who knows maybe we will decide to make our own little Oct. 2013 DDC recipe book in the future, lol. I added super easy ones here because I know that none of us really feel like cooking a lot right now.

Cheese Stuffed Italian Meatballs
Ingredients:
• 1 lb ground beef, 1 lb ground sausage (or 2 lbs ground beef, chicken, turkey, whichever)
• 4-5 mozz. Cheese sticks (string cheese)
• 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce or make your own, it's easy
• Ό cup Italian bread crumbs
• Ό cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 egg
• 1 tsp crushed basil, parsley, oregano
Directions:
1. Mix together ground beef, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, egg, basil and salt and pepper. Shape into small balls.
2. Cut string cheese into Ό-inch pieces. Insert one piece of cheese into each meatball until they are all filled.
3. Place each ball into slow cooker, cover with spaghetti sauce and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours, or place into oven without the sauce and cook at 375 degrees for about 35 minutes. Then remove, drain the grease from the balls and add to a stovetop pot of the spaghetti sauce.
4. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese before serving as appetizer or serve over pasta noodles for dinner.

Super Easy Thai Peanut Chicken

Ingredients:
• Ύ cup Italian salad Dressing (divided)
• 1 lb boneless/skinless chicken cut into Ό strips
• 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
• 2 tablespoons of honey
• 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
• ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 8 oz frozen or fresh sugar snap peas
• 1 can baby corn drained
• 1 small box of thin or angel hair pasta cooked and drained
Directions:
1. Pour 1/4 C of dressing over chicken in medium bowl; toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate 1 hour to marinate. Remove chicken from dressing; discard dressing.
2. Mix remaining dressing, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce and crushed red pepper with wire wisk until well blended; set aside.
3. Cook and stir chicken in a large skillet on medium-high heat 5 minutes. Add pea pods and baby corn; cook and stir an additional 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove skillet from heat. Add dressing mixture and spaghetti; toss lightly. Serve hot immediately or refrigerate and serve cold.

Chicken and Stuffing Casserole

Ingredients:
• 1 box of stuffing (any flavor)
• 1 cup of dried cranberries(optional)
• 1 can of cream of mushroom soup (if you don’t like mushroom use chicken, celery, etc)
• 1 lb of chicken breasts cubed (uncooked)
• 1-16 oz package of shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 broccoli head chopped into small pieces
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Cook stuffing on stovetop as directed on the box.
3. When stuffing is prepared mix the chicken, cream soup, and broccoli and cranberries into the stuffing.
4. Spread into a 11 x13 inch pan. Sprinkle the cheese generously ontop of the mixture.
5. Cover entire dish with aluminum foil and bake for about 35-40 minutes or until chicken is completely done.

Crock Pot Mac and Cheese

Ingredients:
• 16 Ounces Macaroni noodles, cooked al dente
• 2 Eggs, beaten
• 12 Ounces Evaporated milk
• 12 Ounces Milk (skim, 2 %, or whole - your choice)
• 16 Ounces Extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
• 8 Ounces Mild cheddar cheese, shredded
• Salt/pepper, to taste
Directions:
1. Cook noodles until they are still slightly firm.
2. Drain and put in slow cooker.
3. Whisk eggs, and add to evaporated milk and milk. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour over noodles and stir.
4. Add cheeses, saving a little to sprinkle on top.
5. Cook on low 3-4 hours.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
March 20th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cashew Chicken
2 Tablespoons*Olive Oil, Divided
1 cup*Mushrooms, Sliced
2 whole*Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Chopped
2 Tablespoons*Cornstarch
2 cloves*Garlic, Minced
½ whole*Red Pepper, Sliced Thin
Ό cups*Shelled Edamame
3 whole*Green Onions, Chopped
½ cups*Unsalted Cashews
3 Tablespoons*Honey
3 Tablespoons*Low Sodium Soy Sauce
Salt And Pepper, to taste

Heat a skillet on medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add mushrooms and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, then sprinkle cornstarch on chicken pieces and make sure each piece is somewhat coated. (You can add a little more if needed.) Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet and add chicken. Brown on all sides until cooked, about 5 minutes per side. Add garlic, red pepper, edamame, half of the green onions and cashews and stir for 30 seconds. Turn heat to medium low.
In a small bowl, mix soy sauce and honey. Pour into skillet, coating chicken and vegetables. Serve with jasmine rice.
Wren and jamieshalon2 like this.

March 20th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Julie
I shared this in my last DDC but it's so easy and surprisingly good:

Spaghetti and eggs
However much spaghetti you wanna cook
2-4 eggs depending on how much spaghetti
2 tsps paprika
2 tblspns onion powder
1 tblspn garlic powder
Olive oil
Parmesan cheese, grated
Reserved pasta water, about 1/2 cup
Boil the pasta how you like it. Then put some olive oil in a large sautee pan/pot. Add the spices and put to med/low heat, stirring for about 1 minute. Have your eggs in a little bowl, whisked. Add the spaghetti, using tongs to stir the pasta with the spices and oil. Then turn the heat up a little and add the eggs, stirring and. Mixing quickly with the tongs. Adjust the heat as necessary, aking sure it's not super hot. You want to just cook the eggs till they are a nice yellow color, fully cooked but not browned. Turn down the heat and add the parmesan, about 1/2 cup or more if you like parm. Add a little pasta water if it is too dry or thick. Salt and pepper to taste.
jamieshalon2 likes this.

March 21st, 2013, 04:13 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I wanted to bump this up before the day gets started and it gets lost. anyone know how we can get this stickied at the top?

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
March 21st, 2013, 11:21 AM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am making my "cheater" beef stroganoff tonight because I do not feel like cooking at all!

-Roast beef (I usually cook one a week so that I have cooked meat to use for the next couple days) either cubed or shredded, your choice
-can of cream of mushroom soup
- sour cream (how much depends on your taste, I am using 8 oz tonight)
-shredded cabbage or noodles.

If you are using cabbage, heat it in the pan with a little oil until it is soft, but not mushy. If you are using noodles, prepare them according to the package. Remove the cabbage from the pan and place it on a plate, cover it to keep it warm. In the pan, combine the mushroom soup and sour cream, stirring over medium heat until it starts to bubble and the two ingredients are mixed together well. Add in the leftover beef and continue to stir over medium heat until the beef is heated. Serve over the cabbage or noodles.

I use cabbage in place of noodles because we *try* to eat more paleo. This isn't a paleo dish, even with the cabbage, but I think it is a good balance of easy and paleo LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieshalon2 View Post
I wanted to bump this up before the day gets started and it gets lost. anyone know how we can get this stickied at the top?
The host has to request it to be a sticky
jamieshalon2 likes this.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
March 21st, 2013, 12:00 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Arroz Rojo With Beef

1 lb ground beef
1 can Rotel Original
1 3/4 cup beef stock
1 can tomato soup
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 cup uncooked white rice

Cook beef in skillet until browned, pour off any fat. Stir in the Rotel, beef stock, tomato soup, chili powder and garlic powder. Heat to a boil. Stir in rice. REduce heat to low, cover and cook 20 minutes or until rice is tender.

Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.

**It's a little spicy, but oh-em-gee it is good!!!**
March 26th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Loaded Potato and Buffalo chicken casserole

10/12 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
2 lbs of chicken breast cubed
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp paprika
12 tbsp hot sauce
1 cup diced green onion
2 cups shredded cheese
1 cup bacon bits (REAL bacon bits)

combine olive oil, garlic powder, paprika and hot sauce in a bowl. Coat potatoes in the mixture reserving 1/2 of the mixture to coat the chicken later. Place them into a baking dish and bake at 475 degrees for 1 hour turning then every 10-15 minutes until they are golden brown.
Coat the chicken with the remainder of the mixture and place in a frying pan to cook most of the way. Add the partially cooked chicken to the top of the potatoes and top with the cheese, bacon bits and green onion. Lower the heat to 400 degrees and cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

Depending on what hot sauce you use is how hot and spicy the dish will be. I served with green beans on the side and my whole family loved it.
Irshtripletsmommy likes this.

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04

Last edited by jamieshalon2; March 26th, 2013 at 08:14 AM.
March 26th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Julie
My kids go ape **** for tyis stuff:
Captain Crunch chicken nuggets
Chicken, cut up into nugget-sized PCs
3 eggs,whisked
1 tsPDijon mustard
2 TbpnsMay
3 cups crushed captain crunch cereal
1 cup crushed corflakes
vegetable oil i

Mix together mayo, eggs, and Dijon. Heat oil in a fryer or in a deep pot. Mix together cornflakes and captain cereal. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in cereal. Fry until golden brown. Serve with a mixture of Dijon, mayo, and honey.
jamieshalon2 likes this.

March 29th, 2013, 07:51 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Yum! I am going to request a recipe subforum I think.

April 2nd, 2013, 05:00 AM
I added all of these to our Good eats subforum

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search