Baby or Babies?!?!?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 09:41 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Now that everybody is getting close to having their first appt (or has had) and had a u/s or heard a heartbeat on the doppler, how many are you baking?

Does anybody know if they are having twins yet (because normally every DDC has at least one set)?

March 21st, 2013, 11:13 AM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just one for me! I even asked the midwife to double check

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
March 21st, 2013, 11:14 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just one!
March 21st, 2013, 11:17 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just one, per my 6 week ultrasound. Although the doctor kind of freaked me out when he said "Well I only see one for now."

There had better just be one in there!!! lol
March 21st, 2013, 11:21 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Just one here. I wouldn't mind twins if I were a SAHM, but not with working full time and already having 3 at home.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
March 21st, 2013, 11:21 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
LOL, just one here.. Though since I have been showing a lot this week and last, several people have asked me if I'm sure there is just one in there. Google tells me that it's possible to miss one at the first appointment. I think I'm just busting out. WE SHALL SEE. I think it'd be novel, but a terrible handful. I don't want more than two babies, since I have two arms. I'm awful enough at holding just one baby very awkwardly. Add a second one, and I'll have to get a saddle for the cat or something, I couldn't deal. Plus I'm frugal and I'll be ****** if I have to buy 2 carseats per car.
March 21st, 2013, 11:36 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I won't have a scan until 13 weeks, but I seriously doubt there is more than one in there.

March 21st, 2013, 11:37 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Just one for me! I told DH that there have been times when people miss it till later and he freaked out! I'm sure its only one bean though - I could not handle two on top of moving so much after the baby is born and being alone for the first few months Yikes!
March 21st, 2013, 11:53 AM
Loni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Only 1 for me. I do know a girl who has a set of twin boys that are 5 years old and until she was 20 weeks along they told her she was only having 1 baby. At her gender ultrasound she found out she was having twins. Talk about a surprise! They couldn't tell early on because her boys are identical and there was only 1 sac.
March 21st, 2013, 01:10 PM
Super Mommy
My first u/s is on Tuesday but I'm hoping there is only one. If more than that we won't all fit in my husband's truck.

03/13 - missed miscarriage at 11 weeks
March 21st, 2013, 01:33 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just 1. I was afraid it would be twins or triplets, because we used fertility meds to get pg, but I had them check at 6, 7, AND 8 weeks to make sure it was just 1!!! They've assured me it is. Whew.

August 2012 December 2012
March 21st, 2013, 02:12 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
My husband kept telling me I was having twins. I was totally against it, very adamant I did not want twins. Then I started having the "feeling" myself. I had an ultrasound at 7.5 weeks that revealed two sacs. One with a beautiful baby with a beautiful beating heart. And the other empty. It didn't seem real at the time, so I was just thrilled with the one the one perfect heart, but after I got home and the reality set in, I was devastated. I can't help but feel overwhelming guilt for being so vocal about not wanting twins. Now I keep wishing when I go for my next appointment by some miracle my 2nd little pumpkin will be there although I know it is impossible.
March 21st, 2013, 02:16 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just one for me!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

March 21st, 2013, 02:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just one here. (Hopefully)

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
March 21st, 2013, 02:46 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just one for me

Last pregnancy was twins, but one blighted, so it resulted in a singleton pregnancy.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
March 21st, 2013, 02:56 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just one here!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

March 21st, 2013, 03:37 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First ultrasound said one but I wouldn't mind if there were two. Could be fun!
March 21st, 2013, 03:42 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
LOL, just one here.. Though since I have been showing a lot this week and last, several people have asked me if I'm sure there is just one in there. Google tells me that it's possible to miss one at the first appointment. I think I'm just busting out. WE SHALL SEE. I think it'd be novel, but a terrible handful. I don't want more than two babies, since I have two arms. I'm awful enough at holding just one baby very awkwardly. Add a second one, and I'll have to get a saddle for the cat or something, I couldn't deal. Plus I'm frugal and I'll be ****** if I have to buy 2 carseats per car.
My sister had 3 sacs 2 embryos. They were missed at her 6w and 8w scans! Discovered at 9w when she miscarried 1.

March 21st, 2013, 04:30 PM
YoginiMomma's Avatar Veteran
my u/s dude said just one... but everything was so small and fuzzy he could have missed something.

I swear I ovulated double that month!! I felt it twice! so we'll see at the gender scan... or maybe the midwife could hear two h/bs on the doppler?? I always felt like I was going to have twins..

but we'll see. Maybe it's just one. I'd LOVE twins. and I'd also LOVE one

*"It is through the body we realize we are a spark of divinity"* ~ Iyengar

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 21st, 2013, 04:53 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cccbb61013 View Post
My husband kept telling me I was having twins. I was totally against it, very adamant I did not want twins. Then I started having the "feeling" myself. I had an ultrasound at 7.5 weeks that revealed two sacs. One with a beautiful baby with a beautiful beating heart. And the other empty. It didn't seem real at the time, so I was just thrilled with the one the one perfect heart, but after I got home and the reality set in, I was devastated. I can't help but feel overwhelming guilt for being so vocal about not wanting twins. Now I keep wishing when I go for my next appointment by some miracle my 2nd little pumpkin will be there although I know it is impossible.
This cycle started with a miscarriage. I felt a tiny bit pregnant, and when someone randomly asked if I was, I told them, "Oh, goodness, I hope not!" Then I had the miscarriage and felt guilty. =P

I have just one this time, and I don't want twins. I've been pregnant with twins, and if I got that again, I'd feel like we were replacing them. I don't want new twins. I want the ones I lost. Plus if I had twins, we'd have 4 children instead of 3. I'm selfish, and I like my me-time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search