Formula Feeding!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By smsturner

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 04:25 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Will you formula feed from day one? What bottles will you be using? What formula do you intend to go with?

March 22nd, 2013, 04:30 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Yes I will be formula feeding. I don't really produce milk, so I have no choice. My milk was very sparse with my first two and never came in at all with my 3rd. I usually use the Sam's Club brand. The nurses at the hospital told me they were the same as the name brand and they cost me mush less.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
March 22nd, 2013, 04:35 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm hoping to try breastfeeding again (tried with my other 2 and gave up) But I won't beat myself up this time if I cannot, and I have to formula feed again. With my other 2 I used Good start, and would again this time. Pretty sure I will use the playtex drop ins again too if I formula feed.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

March 22nd, 2013, 04:41 AM
Finn was breastfed but now I am also giving formula. My supply took a huge dip.
I am using Nestle Good Start and we were using the Playtex Ventaire but just switched to Avent.
If for some reason I can't nurse I will be doing the same for this little munchkin.

March 22nd, 2013, 10:56 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
I keep hearing about these Tommee Tippee bottles? Wondering what the hype is? Anyone know anything about them?
When I was using formula, I was using Dr Browns which were awesome.
March 22nd, 2013, 11:07 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will most likely be formula feeding, for a few reasons. I believe a medication I need is not safe for bfing. Also, I just didn't do well with it with my first two. I refuse to feel bad for it, it's a personal choice, and whatever is right for me is what is right for me.
A decade ago when I had my first two, I used Similac. I loved the playtex bottles with the drop ins too. I'm really happy to hear they still make them. I'm curious what formula worked best for other moms, I'm glad you started this thread
sweety_pie and fancypants27 like this.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
March 22nd, 2013, 12:58 PM
Veteran
We use tommee tippee never had a problem with them or colic and easy to clean
March 22nd, 2013, 01:05 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This baby will be formula fed just like my other 2. With my 1st I attempted bf, but it just didnt work out. With Zoey she did well on Nestle Goodstart (in the US I think its Gerber goodtsart). We played around with playtex ventaire, avent and dr browns bottles. She had alot of gas.

With Noah we started with enfamil and then went to the walmart brand and he was fine. (Ventaire bottles). But while in florida he atarted getting an upset tummy (not sure if formula is made differently?) So I put him on gentleease and he is back to normal.

The hospital had similac advance when I had zoey but enfamil with noah...so whatever they give us is what we will start with.

March 22nd, 2013, 05:44 PM
The Tommee Tippee bottles are supposed to be great.
If Avent doesn't work I will try these.
I hate the fact that I have to supplement along with breastfeeding but the main thing is baby is fed!

March 22nd, 2013, 05:55 PM
"Shay-see"
My breasts look like NERF footballs have been lodged in my chest when my milk comes in. As long as I don't skip feeding for any period of time, I expect to have a ready supply to BF. Last time I messed up and ended up having to use formula, but she got a solid 2 months of BF first.
March 25th, 2013, 09:11 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
breast only, but with photo sessions commitments i will for to first time need to pump and use bottles here and there. Makes me very nervous.

March 25th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I supplemented with formula starting at 6 months for DD. We started out with Similac and she hated it. Tried a couple more brands and finally settled on the walgreens store brand. As for bottles it was again trial and error with avent, Nuk, Dr Browns and Ventaire. She liked Dr Browns and Ventaire best initially. But by 8 months she took any bottle.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search