how many times?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Iluvmybabies*
  • 1 Post By Allisonjuly

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 03:01 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many times do you puke in a day? How many would you say is too many?
Personally I know morning sickness is REALLY bad for me, but normally I don't puke more than two times a day, today I've puked 6.... I don't feel any worse than I do any other day, it is just that rather than dry heaving all day I'm actually brining something up....
I read an article about hypermesus guavardium (I have no idea how you spell that) HG and the lady writing the article was talking about how people should be more sympathetic toward women who suffer from it, and I was really really enjoying the article until the last paragraph where she said something like "I don't care if you puked once or twice a day, and I don't care if you could only eat crackers, I'd give my right arm to feel that well" or something like that and I got REALLY ticked off. I left her a comment about how if she really wanted to open the lines of communication about HG then she shouldn't be drawing lines in the sand between women who have HG and women who suffer from Morning sickness, because honestly if being a housewife were a paid job I'd be fired, I SUCK at everything house hold related right now. If being a mom were a supervised job I'd be fired or put on temporary un-paid leave because while my kids are fed and loved and clothed they are not getting all they should get from me, and today I went up stairs to use the bathroom and my daughter started bawling so hard it seemed like she had been hurt, but she was just upset that I had left, I had to spend about 30 minutes with her, doing her hair and playing with her to get her to calm down and be ok if I was in another room... she's two, and has NEVER had that problem before, but I just can't always give her the attention she needs and she's feeling alone. makes me want to cry writing this out.
Maybe it is pregnancy hormones, maybe it is cause I feel like crap, but that woman and her stupid article have me so incredibly ticked off... if you (meaning the article writer) want other people not to tell you to 'suck it up' (her words) then you shouldln't be telling other people with slightly less severe symptoms to do so.
Ok, my rant is over... I have to start getting ready to go to the store, I'm going to find a snack to bring to my class, thankfully this is the last class I'm teaching until June, and hopefully I feel better by then.

March 22nd, 2013, 03:06 PM
Leah
I'd have left a nasty message too, like maybe she should suck it up because some would give their right arm to be pregnant. Some narrow minded people forget there is always someone with it worse;that ddoesn't lessen your situation any. We're supposed to quantify sympathy now? Grrr.... people.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
March 22nd, 2013, 03:11 PM
I kinda understand her point on sympathizing for HG, but she could have left that comment out all together the article would have been much better for it. A lot of the women that commented had suffered from it too and they were saying things like they were told they needed to see a pyschologist (one was told that it was all in her head and if she would cross her arms and tap her left sholder the urge to puke would go away, she puked all over the place)... I hate that they were treated badly but that should mean they understand better than anyone how a woman who pukes 1-2x a day is feeling, not that they should have a competition to see who feels worse.

March 22nd, 2013, 06:25 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I'm sorry I have suffered through 5 HG pregnancies now and yeah feeling sick and getting sick a bit through out the day would be a cake walk from what I feel!
I am on 8mg of zofran around the clock every 6hrs I also take stemitil, maxoran and liquid gravol and I still throw up 5-10 times a day and am very very sick all day but without all those i am hospitalized and this is a good pregnancy for me
With my second I spent 5mo hospitalized and lost 60lbs it was horrible we both almost died, I got told I wanted to be sick to lose my baby even though I planed all 5 of them i got offered medical abortions until 26wks its so sad the way we get treated, someone who has not suffered HG could never know how hard it is living with it but everyone suffers from there own struggles so she could have left that out!!

HG is horrible and has almost killed me many times
hopingfor2bri likes this.
Karrara 10 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 1/2 07/01/06, Kayda 7 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

March 22nd, 2013, 06:35 PM
Women with HG get very intense about it but she was very harsh and should feel for every women suffering in any way

March 22nd, 2013, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmybabies* View Post
Women with HG get very intense about it but she was very harsh and should feel for every women suffering in any way
Thank you. I nanny'd for a woman with HG, and I really do get it, I think it is awful that she or any of you have been treated poorly, I just don't think it is a good excuse to treat others badly.
My personal experience with morning sickness is that I can actually eat, it is about 50/50 that I'll keep it down but even if I puke I'll probably keep the majority of my meal down, so I know I'm not suffering HG, but I feel so nauseated 100% of my day that I really don't ever get anything done. There isn't anything I can get done... once I start any task (or even walk toward that task) I begin dry heaving.

I hope you feel better soon, and that your meds keep you healthy enough to avoid hospitalization... I had fluids once with my daughter and hated the experience and worrying about my baby... I can imagine how it feels, I'm not more than three steps from it I'm sure.

March 22nd, 2013, 07:45 PM
I agree it is not an excuse to be mean at all!!!!

I hope it passes super fast for you being sick just plain sucks ((hugs))

March 22nd, 2013, 07:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a teenager and my pregnancy with him was treated terribly. I was told it was in my head... asked if I was unhappy about being pregnant. The nurses got mad at me when I couldn't keep fluids down so I lied and said I could.

Skip forward 13 years and this doc gave me meds at my first visit and gently told me to come in for IV fluids if I needed to.

Like anything in life it's not all black and white. I'm not sure where the line of morning sickness ends and where HG begins. I'm just happy there's a term other than morning sickness so I don't feel like a freak. I think that's where the anger that woman has comes from.
Iluvmybabies* likes this.
March 22nd, 2013, 08:36 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I agree she shouldn't downplay others' illness just because she had it bad. My dad did that to me during my last pregnancy. He told me I should be happy because there was a lady at church pregnant with twins(I had lost twins just 3 months prior) that was on bed rest. I would have killed to just need bed rest! I was throwing up 15+ times a day, the most being 17. It was so bad that my doctor thought maybe my gallbladder was causing it. So they removed it at 12 weeks, and I went home vomiting--painfully--into a pink hospital bucket. I threw up twice on the way home, and the drive was only an hour long. By that night, I was in the ER for more fluids, and they shipping me back to the surgery hospital to stay an extra few days.

I did talk to my doctor about the feelings I had during it. If I would have miscarried, I just wouldn't have cared. In the beginning when all the ladies in the DDC were reporting miscarriages, I was jealous because they didn't have to vomit. I know I wasn't messed up. I talked to others with it, and a lot of them reported the same feelings. My sister said she used to sit down on the side of the tub during the vomit sessions and wish she believed in abortion. HG is hereditary I was told.

Oh, and I was on so many meds! I had Reglan and Phenergan suppositories(cause the pills wouldn't go down). One makes your stomach digest quicker, one "stops nausea." I was on Pepsid to help with reflux, Tylenol PM because it's worse when your tired, and then they put me on hydrocodone because that somehow helped with the nausea. They had me on a heart monitor for a bit which is ******* annoying. I also got put on an inhaler because the Tylenol helping me sleep to help me not be so nauseated can worsen asthma. Except for that thing, every single drug I took was mood altering. I think I spent that pregnancy high as a kite.

Hyperememsis Gravidarum sucks. I threw up an entire box of fruit loops once. Ate a bowl, threw up, ate another, threw up. My husband just refused to give me any food after that so I threw up bile. Then we tried crackers and Sprite, right back up! Ugh.

Anyway, you asked how much is too much. I was told 8+, but at #5, I would head for fluids sometimes.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven NTNP for #4 and doing the boy diet till!
http://arwenart.com
March 22nd, 2013, 09:56 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
My doctors said only if I've been throwing up for 24 hrs and unable to keep fluids down. Ha. I don't think they understand M/S sometimes!
I'm on zofran or I would still be laid up in bed. No HG thankfully, but it's still bad I hope you manage to get through it!
March 23rd, 2013, 09:04 AM
Thanks ladies for understanding my frustration at that article.
I know I could have it so much worse, I don't puke all of my meal even when I do puke it, altough going up or down any set of stairs lately has me at the very least dry heaving and I'm contemplating picking a floor and staying there, except that the activity of the house is on the main floor and the bathrooms are both up stairs so that wont really work....lol

March 25th, 2013, 10:22 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
on an average now, im throwing up 3 to 4 times a day sometimes more. At this point I don't eat much of anything cuz it hurts too bad coming up so often im throwing up whatever I managed to drink or stomach acid. Much dry heaving which leaves my muscles so sore.

March 26th, 2013, 07:43 AM
I can totally relate drewbears although I'm only puking every other day at this point.. 7 times one day none the next five the next day, and once so far today... no mater how you look at it it sucks.
I woke up at 4:30am and decided to follow my midwives advice and get a snack hoping it would make me feel better in the morning, no dice, no sooner did I finish my snack than it came back up.... ugh.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search