Craving healthy food

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By jennyrae03

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 04:30 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would love a grilled chicken breast. And I want some tomatillo salsa to put on it, maybe some quinoa and something with avocado--or mix the tomatillo salsa in some avacado to make a guacamole. Oh! Broccoli and carrots steamed in chicken broth.
I don't grill so I will invite myself over to my parents tomorrow so they can grill. I will bring everything, but I want it grilled, not baked.

March 22nd, 2013, 04:40 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like I don't even remember what healthy food is anymore. All I want is carbs! And more carbs. Serious props to you for wanting good stuff!
March 22nd, 2013, 05:24 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyrae03 View Post
I feel like I don't even remember what healthy food is anymore. All I want is carbs! And more carbs. Serious props to you for wanting good stuff!
This!

I've been making myself eat fruits and veggies for the baby. lol.
March 22nd, 2013, 05:49 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I ate a bowl of frozen raspberries last night....they had cool whip on top. Does that count?
March 22nd, 2013, 05:49 PM
"Shay-see"
my favorite healthy meal:

Spring green/baby spinach salad base with fajita-seasoned chicken breast strips. I add sprouts when I'm not pregnant. Diced avocado and honey mustard dressing.

I would eat this around the clock but I always run out of ripe avocado.

Also makes a fab wrap if you're feeling carby!

My heartburn has been setting in so anything that includes the world "Salsa" is right out lol.

(Hilariously I typed this while chomping some deeeelicious jelly beans hahah)

Last edited by Seasaidh; March 22nd, 2013 at 05:51 PM.
March 22nd, 2013, 08:32 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I made a Turkey, swiss and bacon panini tonight. May not have been the healthiest, but it tasted amazing and I bought everything at a farmer's market type store, so the meat was all nitrate free.
Now I want one with roasted red pepper, spinach, a little pesto and baked chicken. Mmmmm.

Already made arrangements for dinner at my parents tomorrow. Store was out of tomatillos, so have to go somewhere else tomorrow. Hmmm... Now tomatillo bruschetta sounds delicious. I need to have some people over so I have a reason to make all this!

March 22nd, 2013, 08:37 PM
Julie
I wish I craved healthy food. I loooove tomatillos! like enchiladas with atomatillo sauce, yum!

March 22nd, 2013, 08:42 PM
YoginiMomma's Avatar Veteran
I can't eat greens right now, I normally love them, but I get too full and feel like crap and the texture is just ick. I'm dedicated this week to getting a huge green juice a day from the juice bar. I hate making them at home right now- it takes me like 20 minutes with all the washing/chopping/cleaning the juicer after.

but I'm finally starting to taper off the carb-only diet-- thank god because I felt like I was blowing up. I'm obsessed with salmon right now. I was vegan for like 8 years, but now I'm eating fish after reading a ton of research on how healthy it is for pregnant moms and babies. I'm craving it, so I'm giving in. I will probably have eggs for breakfast tomorrow too. I'm going to go on a high protein, no sugar (stevia and occasional natural sweetener treat is okay (like brown rice syrup or honey), no gluten, low sodium, pescetarian diet for this pregnancy.

*"It is through the body we realize we are a spark of divinity"* ~ Iyengar

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 22nd, 2013, 08:43 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
The healthiest thing I can stomach right now is beef stew, and that's only cause it's filled with salt. lol The salty things just feel so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoginiMomma View Post
I'm obsessed with salmon right now.
I could go for salmon patties just the way my mom makes them. Yum!

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven NTNP for #4 and doing the boy diet till!
http://arwenart.com
March 23rd, 2013, 09:22 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't stand chicken or pork right now, unless it's fried or otherwise masked. I've been craving burgers and deviled eggs a lot. I am eating more fruit instead of candy. My DH loves chocolate and he's got the house loaded up with Easter candy but all I want are strawberries.

March 23rd, 2013, 09:47 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mmmmm everything sounds so good right now!! lol

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

March 23rd, 2013, 12:24 PM
YoginiMomma's Avatar Veteran
I'm shifting from vegan to paleo type diet -- only eating fish though- no meat... so i'm experimenting.

this morning i made crepes (first time eating eggs i 8 years so they had to be diluted, i know 0ats are a grain) with oat flour, almond milk and eggs, and topped them with stevia, cinnamon and coconut oil, and had a coconut milk yogurt with it.

then three hours later had grilled salmon COVERED in lemon juice and pepper. SO GOOD.

*"It is through the body we realize we are a spark of divinity"* ~ Iyengar

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 23rd, 2013, 02:39 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
OMG, I can't stomach meat, but I'm loving veggie burgers! (On an even better note, DH and DS didn't know they were veggie until I told them, and now they like them too!!)
March 23rd, 2013, 03:00 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
i made kale pizza the other night - amazing! Carbs AND veg!!
March 25th, 2013, 10:23 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
awesome for craving healthy! It sounds tasty to me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search