Car seats

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fancypants27
  • 1 Post By The Purple Butterfly

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2013, 01:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
For those who have one, what is it and do you like it?

If you're getting a new one, have you picked one out yet?

When will you buy it?

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
March 23rd, 2013, 02:05 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We will be getting a new one, not sure what one yet. We will buy it sometime after 20 weeks i'd say.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

March 23rd, 2013, 02:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Graco because I already have the stroller frame thing that goes to that brand.

I have a britax marathon for when the baby grows out of it.
March 23rd, 2013, 02:54 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm either going to get a Chico Keyfit or the Graco Snugride that goes up to 30lbs.
Not sure when we will buy. I'll probably start keeping an eye out for sales next month.
March 23rd, 2013, 06:00 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
We have a Graco Chadwick style seat that we just used with Finn.
It hasn't ecpired and is still sonewhat brand new.
We'll be using that.

March 23rd, 2013, 06:06 PM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
We gave away our infant carseat last year so we had to look for another one. I got a graco snug ride in a fairly gender neutral pattern (owls). I will only use that carseat for 6 months or so and then we'll move into another Britax marathon convertible seat.

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

March 23rd, 2013, 06:27 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a keyfit infant seat which DS will be moving out of on his second birthday. It's not expiring anytime soon so we will use it again.

I like it but I have never owned anything else so I can't really compare it to anything.

March 24th, 2013, 12:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Can't decide. I've looked at the Cybex. But maybe a Peg? I'm not going to pick one out until closer to the due date.

March 24th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Super Mommy
I have the Safety 1st On Board Air leftover from Hunter. It is still in perfect condition and should work well for baby #3. It's neutral enough too that if baby #3 is a girl it won't be an issue.

Dorel Juvenile onBoard35Air Infant Car Seat - One Step Ahead Baby

Katie
Author, WAHM, wife to Nick and mommy to Alyse (8) and Hunter (1)!

-- Like vampires? Check out my books -- Read my Blog -- Find me on Facebook --
March 24th, 2013, 02:37 AM
Veteran
I have the Chico Keyfit car seat and stroller combo and love it. I would like to buy another base to go in DH's truck. The only downside to the keyfit is that it does not click onto a grocery cart like most other seats. Not sure how I am going to make that work with a baby and a 3 year old lol.
March 24th, 2013, 07:26 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I had a Graco Snugride with DS and hated that thing. It was 6 years ago now, so seats are a bit different. I am looking at getting a Britax Chaperone for this one, as I really like the anti-rebound bar. My SO has a VW camper van and baby would ride in the back seat and the seat doesn't have a whole lot of cushion, so the cocoon thing that infant seats are supposed to do against the back seat of a car in a crash wouldn't work as well in his vehicle. The anti-rebound bar would negate that, so the Chaperone seems like a good choice for us.

I have a Safety First Complete Air for DS that he is about to come out of so he can go into a high back booster, so I might use that for baby. If not, we will buy a Radian. They have a steel internal frame and I have seen insane crash pictures where the seat withstood a rollover, crushing the car from the top type of accident and the carseat actually held the roof of the car up off the top of the seat. I know all seats are held to the same standards, but a steel frame just seems so super safe to me. They also rear face to a much higher weight limit than some other seats. I kept DS rear facing until he was almost 4 and plan to do the same with this babe. Oh, and they are the narrowest seat on the market, so with two in seats in the back of the car there would possibly be room for a third passenger back there, which would be handy.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
March 25th, 2013, 10:34 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
we will need to get one. I am not sure what we are getting yet. I hate to put a lot of money into something we will only use once.

March 26th, 2013, 05:40 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I need a new one also. the last infant seat I had was 5 years ago and I gave it away over year ago. Not sure what kind I will look into getting. I really liked my last one, but I can't remember the brand name of it. At the time it was the only one that passed the crash test at 75 mph instead of the required 45 mph they usually use. Seemed nice and safe to me since no one around here goes 45 mph, lol.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
March 26th, 2013, 06:46 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im a britax fan. Zoey is in the new Britax Boulevard 70-g3 (which I cant say enough good things about). And Noah is in the chaperone. Great seat but I find it a bit heavy.

March 26th, 2013, 08:24 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
We use Britax from birth to pre-school. I hate those baby carriers. Such a hassle and they don't stay in them very long. Costs so much less to just have 1 carseat for the child's first 5yrs. I'm a babywearer, so shopping with a baby is easy breezy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie1122 View Post
I have the Chico Keyfit car seat and stroller combo and love it. I would like to buy another base to go in DH's truck. The only downside to the keyfit is that it does not click onto a grocery cart like most other seats. Not sure how I am going to make that work with a baby and a 3 year old lol.
Ladies, PLEASE PLEASE do NOT put those baby carriers in the tops of the grocery carts!! They are huge safety hazards.
~Momma*2011~ likes this.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twin GIRLS!!

March 26th, 2013, 10:03 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I have a Chicco Keyfit 30 and I love it. We just moved our daughter out of it 3 months ago and it doesn't expire until 2017 so we'll use it for this baby too. Plus it's gender neutural.

March 26th, 2013, 11:58 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
From about 1 year on, we will have two Britax Marathons, one for DH's car and one for mine.

Earlier on, we might try a britax carrier or a graco. Depends on what stroller/combo we pick out. i love Britax though. i feel so safe with it.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search