Anyone have gall pain experience??

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2013, 03:47 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not sure if this is what I'm feeling...but I just had the super flu virus for 3 days and am finally starting to feel better, except for last night and this evening. I got super duper bloated (suddenly) and had really bad gas cramp pains ( what I'm assuming they are) for hours. Today I got them when I went to Walmart- I was waddling around, having waves of pain just feeling super uncomfortable and in pain.

It is worse when I'm standing, better when I'm laying down, yesterday I had McDonald's which was probably a jolt to my system after not eAting much for 3 days. But today all I had was half a bagel, half an apple, half a potato and some carrots. Nothing really high in fat that would cause a gall bladder attack or that should cause an intense build u of gas for that matter?

If it gets worse tonight I might go to the ER, or if I get it tomorrow during the day- maybe to urgent care. I'm just worried that they're not going to be able to do anything to make whatever this is go away faster!

Any ideas or experience? It seems to be lessening right now, thankfully, but I'm nervous to eat anything at all.

March 23rd, 2013, 03:55 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Where is the pain? I was very gassy when I had my attacks several years ago. I had one stone, big thorny one. But you can get it just on the right side, the middle above your belly, a band around your middle, between your shoulder blades, in your right shoulder... They can tell through a blood test.

For now, it helps to sleep on your right side. Avoid fatty foods. Being pregnant can ruin your gallbladder. That's what they told me. I had the one attack about 5 years ago. Took two shots of morphine to get rid of the pain. I started getting little pains in it during my pregnancy with my oldest. They removed it during my pregnancy with my youngest because I was so sick. I did have stones before they reasoned. They said my gallbladder looked like it had problems in the past, but it wasn't causing my illness then.
March 23rd, 2013, 04:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been getting "pains" under my ribs on my back. Went to the doctor and he said gallbladder. We are "keeping an eye" on it since it is not too bad, just uncomfortable at times.

March 23rd, 2013, 05:36 PM
The pain is mostly in the upper abdomen, it doesn't seem to be on one specific side over the other, that I can tell. I think I had an attack over our honeymoon about 5 years ago but never got anything confirmed. I just know I was up in the middle of the night thinking I was dying.

My mom has had gall bladder issues in the past. She had some issues while she was pregnant with my brother and then she got it out. I'm not sure if family history can cause it to be more prevalent.

It is so much better if I just lay down. Standing, bending, sitting is all uncomfortable.

March 23rd, 2013, 05:44 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
My mom never had problems, and she's been pregnant about 7 times. My dad's gallbladder never got stones. Just one day a few years back it stopped working. Just decided to be a lump of dead tissue. No stones when they removed it.

My pain felt like someone had snapped a rubber band around my chest, level with the gallbladder. When they asked if my right side hurt, I was like, "Yeah! And my back and my middle and the left side! Stop pushing it!" And then I got the morphine, and I was like, "I love life!"

If you've had an attack, congratulations. You've had more pain than natural childbirth. I'd deliver 5 children naturally over a gallbladder attack.
March 23rd, 2013, 06:11 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had lots of bad gallbladder attacks before having it out. It is super intense pain, and mine was generally either in the center or the right side of my upper abdomen, and sometimes behind my shoulder blade. A sort of searing pain, or like being stabbed.
March 23rd, 2013, 10:47 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
The last time I experienced something like that it was an appendicitis. It was hard to detect because the pain wasn't localized just on the right.
Are you feeling any better?

March 24th, 2013, 03:40 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had bad bad gall bladder attacks before my gall bladder was removed. It was in the middle more and was an intense burning feeling. I've never felt pain so bad. I used to say I would rather be in labour then having an attack. Nothing helped it, I would suffer for about 2-3 hours during an attack. My doc didn't think it was gall pain due to where it was located but sure enough an u/s revealed stones.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}

Forever missing my Mom...
March 24th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That could be gallbladder related. For some reason laying down didn't help for me. I would pace around, curl up in a ball, just keep changing what I was doing and nothing helped. My pain radiated from my back around. It was hard to describe to the doc who expected my to be specific.
March 24th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
Mine was directly in the middle. It woke me up in the middle of the night and felt like extreme bloat. So I thought maybe I had to go to the bathroom or even be sick. Within minutes it turned into the worst pain of my life (next to child birth haha) so my husband rushed me to the ER. It was 6 weeks to the day of having my son and I had started my menstrual cycle that morning so I didn't know with the pain and bleeding if something serious was going on. Anyway, mine was directly under my breast bone and felt like the most extreme case of bloat combined with the strongest man in the world just pressing right there under the breast bond and not letting up. Weird explanation, I know, but that's what it felt like!
March 24th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Cccbb- that describes what mine felt like pretty well. Today, I'm doing well so far. But I always feel better in the morning. I'm paranoid about eating things in case it happens again. I am recovering from a ba flu, so there are a lot of things going on at once. I'm hoping it doesn't happen again today...either way I'm bringing it up to my doc at my next appt.

March 25th, 2013, 09:42 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I had a gall bladder attack with my first. They did U/Ss and such on it and just kinda blamed it on being pregnancy induced and there was talk of having to take it out, if it didn't get better. Thankfully it did, but it was very painful.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search