Family Planning after baby?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2013, 10:13 AM
YoginiMomma's Avatar Veteran
we're going to wait to TTC maybe a year or two (at least until I get my body back super tight and awesome) and maybe we'll just have one... although the original plan was to have 2 pretty close in age-- like 2 years apart which means TTC when baby is a year old. We'll see.... but my husband is DEFINITELY getting a vasectomy after the second one.

when you breastfeed you don't have a period right?? it makes you temporarily infertile ? But that's unreliable as BC because people have gotten pregnant while BF'ing right? So I guess we'll just use ejaculatory control

*"It is through the body we realize we are a spark of divinity"* ~ Iyengar

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 24th, 2013, 10:14 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
I'm hoping dh will finally give in and get snipped. It's a simple outpatient procedure for guys. Other than that, my only plan is to NOT get pregnant. We love having a big family though so who really knows?

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

March 24th, 2013, 12:29 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've already told my hubby that I'm not going back on BC after this one. We want at least two and I'm not opposed to 3, but I do want to be done by 35 and I'm 32 now. So we'll be NTNP for a bit.

March 24th, 2013, 12:39 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoginiMomma View Post
we're going to wait to TTC maybe a year or two (at least until I get my body back super tight and awesome) and maybe we'll just have one... although the original plan was to have 2 pretty close in age-- like 2 years apart which means TTC when baby is a year old. We'll see.... but my husband is DEFINITELY getting a vasectomy after the second one.

when you breastfeed you don't have a period right?? it makes you temporarily infertile ? But that's unreliable as BC because people have gotten pregnant while BF'ing right? So I guess we'll just use ejaculatory control
Some people get their period back right away even when BF. Others don't get it for several months and some don't get it until they stop BF. If you're using the pull and pray method, you still need to be careful because you can still ovulate without a period. I have a friend that never got her period, yet has 3 children--never knew exactly when they conceived and they used pull and pray until she got a tubal--she had been under the impression she wasn't able to have kids and each time she went to the doctor because she thought she was sick. She thought she had mono when she found out she was pg with#1, #2 she was gaining weight, but figured it was because of all the junk she was eating and thought maybe it was her thyroid, and I don't recall how she found out about#3. Another mom from my last DDC has since gone on to have 2 more kids. 1 was after a vasectomy and the other was after a tubal...with those odds, those babies were really meant to be!

March 24th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will be done. We both want two and I'll be 36. My husband has talked about a vasectomy in the past, but I'm not sure when the day comes if he'll go through with it. I'm not supposed to be on the BCP because of medical issues, so the other options are tubal or non-hormonal IUD. In the past we've used condoms, but I'm not comfortable with that when we are done for sure.
March 24th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Super Mommy
We are done after this one. This is #4 and honestly, I didn't think DH would agree for a 4 either...
March 24th, 2013, 05:13 PM
YoginiMomma's Avatar Veteran
I also think we will try to have our kids close together because my fiance is 42, and will be 43 when baby comes, and 61 when baby graduates high school!!! for our second if we space them 2 years apart he'll be 63 when they graduate high school! He promised me he'd live until at least 100 so that he can see his grandchildren... I'm so glad we got pregnant now instead of waiting until I was 30 or something like that... i'll be 25 when baby is born. and he is READY for a vasectomy... I don't know why guys can't just accept that we have to go through a LOT to have the baby, the least they can do is a simple outpatient procedure

*"It is through the body we realize we are a spark of divinity"* ~ Iyengar

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 24th, 2013, 06:19 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we are done after this one. DH wants 5 kids - but I'm already 35 and feeling done. I never wanted children until I met him. He refuses to get a V. I looked into essure last week, and it scares me to have something put into my body. I also don't want to have a tubal. So will probably just track ovulation and use condoms & pull and pray.

I'm one of those that got pregnant without having a period. Just never came back after I had Noah. Decided to test after feeling nauseus and surprise surprise to me.

March 24th, 2013, 07:26 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We use natural family planning to prevent. Honestly we are supposed to be done after this one, that was the plan, but DH doesn't want a Vasectomy, I refuse to get a tubal, and we both don't care much for condoms. So far tracking my bbt and avoiding or using the pull and pray or as I like to say 'dump truck method' during the 'risky times' is what we will probably do, I know it isn't 100% fool proof but when we use it it has been a good method for us.
I've always been more comfortable with letting God choose the size of our family, but at the same time I'm really really not digging the morning sickness... our prevention method for more children is kinda hazy at this time.

March 25th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Laydii_cintah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Laydii_cintah
Well since my tubal failed, the doctor informed me that she is going to tye my tubes again. But I'm not sure how effective tubals are with me since I ended up pregnant. So I convinced hubby with getting the big V done.

March 25th, 2013, 09:46 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
my hubby will be getting fixed! better do it NOW!

March 25th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not sure. I'm open to #4, but this pregnancy is kicking my butt.

I havent had a period since June 2010 due to pregnancy/extended breastfeeding and this is my 2nd BFP while nursing!

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
March 26th, 2013, 04:26 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
We are done. I am almost 40 now and I feel like we are done. I am planning on talking to the doc about a tubal.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search