Middle name help, ladies?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By soul_donut

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2013, 10:17 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Mentioned in the most recent name post that I am stumbling over the name I like most if the baby is a girl. I like the names Matilda, Lucy, and Natalie. I think Lucy Matilda sounds nice if we went that route. I'm not sure why I keep getting tripped up over my favorite name, but I am. Maybe a good MN would help?

What would you pick for a MN for:
Matilda
Natalie

?

My last name is 2 syllables starting with B with a long A sound. I like MJ as initials but Matilda Jane (which was my pick before) seems kind of put on to me, not very authentic. My old middle name was Anne and I thought it was more of a placeholder, and I dropped it when I got married and changed my name. I like June but um, the baby will be born in October. I like flowers, nature names, historical/role model names.. though not Rose. I'm more of a tropical flower gal. Islands and water have significance to us.

Help me please!
March 25th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just throwing out some ideas for middle names..some sound very cute with Matilda and Natalie.

Lou
May
Luna
Jean

And I liked Jane too!
March 25th, 2013, 10:38 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
Elizabeth
Louise
Capri
Calypso
T(h)eresa
Joy
Sophia

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

March 25th, 2013, 10:39 AM
I like it too.. Jane.. i just googled Matilda Jane and saw it was a kid's clothing line which kind of made me turned off by it. I dunno.

I like Lou - my dad called me Melissa Lou!
Rosiegirl7 likes this.
March 25th, 2013, 10:47 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My MIL is Myra Jean. I think that has a nice ring to it. Lou is a really cute middle name but maybe too cute for an adult woman IMO. Naming is tough!

March 25th, 2013, 11:08 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
im not a fan of those types of names. I was gonna say Matilda Jane was a line of clothes, and when i hear the name Matilda I think of that as well as some character in a movie, but I can't place it now.

March 25th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww Melissa Lou. I have an aunt named Mary Lou and we call her Aunt Lou, I think it's so cute! One of the names in the running for a girl would be LILOU for me. I saw it somewhere online and just thinks its a cute european name.
March 25th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What about honoring a female family member?
March 25th, 2013, 12:02 PM
morris126's Avatar Veteran
I was going to suggest Rose until I read you didn't like it LOL! It was tbe first name that came to mind. I can't think of anything that flows as well at the moment!

March 25th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morris126 View Post
I was going to suggest Rose until I read you didn't like it LOL! It was tbe first name that came to mind. I can't think of anything that flows as well at the moment!
I like Rose a lot but not for me, you know? Doesn't feel right! Plus I think that's what Heath Ledger's kid's name is? That would be no bueno I like Lily as far as short flower names go.

I appreciate all the suggestions! If anybody has some more send them my way. So far I think I like Jean and Lou/ise, but I know my DH will find them too old fashioned. Joy sounds like a good fit! Matilda is German and derived from battle/strength/might, and Joy is a nice counter balance to it.

btw, Jen - Matilda is a character in one of my favorite Roald Dahl books. There was a movie that came out about it which was very cute, also. I loved the book as a kid because like Matilda, I loved to read and got a lot of strength from knowledge and a sense of self. I think it has a nice ring to it and isn't super common.
March 25th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Matilda is super cute. I love Matilda Jane.
Matilda Grace
Matilda Claire
Matilda Lucille

Do you have any family names on either side that sound nice and/or are special?
March 25th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Nothing that I'd want to use for a girl .. I was thinking to use my Dad's name John for a boy's MN.
March 25th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My moms name is joy and its my middle name and my dd's too. It goes well with anything.
March 25th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like Matilda May. I think one syllable is good with a long name like Matilda and a multisyllable last name.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search