Have you told your boss yet?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Anitha

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2013, 08:09 AM
BostonmamaSue12's Avatar Veteran
I am about 13-14 weeks now and not sure when to tell my boss. Has anyone told theirs yet or still too early? I work from home so noone has seen my growing belly, but I might have to travel soon...

Expecting #3 on September 30th! ITS A BOY!!

March 27th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I told my boss a week ago. But I'll actually be done with my current job by October, so I told her more because she has known all along about my TTC journey, my miscarriages, etc. I knew she'd want to know, just because she'd be excited for me. I also felt I needed to tell her because I wanted to explain why I might seem like I'm in a fog lately... because I am!

August 2012 December 2012
March 27th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Super Mommy
I told my boss as soon as we found out, in my profession we work with x-rays, lasers that omit small amounts of radiation and anestetic gases. Plus he knows we have been trying and I knew he would be excited for us.

Our Tobianne 10/24/13

DS # 1 Jacob is 7 years old
DS # 2 Austin is 3 years old
March 27th, 2013, 08:50 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have not - sad to say, but my boss is a gossip. In the past, people have told her they were pregnant, and asked her not to tell, and all of a sudden everybody knows...funny, because she had been the only one that person told. So needless to say, I am waiting until we are ready to announce to EVERYBODY.

We will probably do so after our ultrasound on April 4, assuming everything goes well.
March 27th, 2013, 09:42 AM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not yet. I told one project manager as my leave may affect the timeline of one of her projects. I just got a new manager. I'm not sure about him yet. I figure I will schedule a quick meeting with him after my NT scan in a couple weeks. I am thinking about telling the CIO (my managers boss) as well--he is involved and knows us all by name. My supervisor probably has an idea as a couple others know and aren't totally discrete.
The PM I told was supportive. I felt better telling her. I then assigned one of the projects for the Fall to a new person and am going to oversee her on that--feels good to know that project will be in good hands.

March 27th, 2013, 09:46 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My boss knew at about 6 weeks. i was sick and didn't want people to think I was calling into work sick without being sick.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
March 27th, 2013, 09:50 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I told mine in February. I have to have LOTS of time to train someone to do my job when I am out on maternity leave.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
March 27th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I work from home too, so even though I've been sick I've been able to hide it. I am only 10 weeks, but I was thinking after my 12 week ultrasound. I am also thinking about waiting until 16 weeks until I get all my results from genetic testing, but I'm not sure I can wait that long.
March 27th, 2013, 10:50 AM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I work from home as well and I told my boss right away. She's also a friend and former doula, so I knew she was be excited for us and supportive. Plus spring and summer is our busy time of year, fall is the down time so she's totally cool with it and it really shouldn't effect work much.
March 27th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Veteran
I told her then left as I am moving her response was another one really supportive so I said bye bye
March 27th, 2013, 12:46 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I was going to tell my boss last week but the timing was off. I guess i didn't feel comfortable yet. We're announcing it on FB on 4/9 so it will have to be before then.

March 27th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
to Mindy. Told my boss at 6 weeks as I was too sick and knew I'd be needed occasional days off, working from home etc. Told my coworkers on Monday (boss was so sweet, she actually baked an oatmeal cake and brought it in!!)
*Lana* likes this.

March 27th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Veteran
i told mine already because i though i was so much further along. she didn't seem all too happy about it but everyone else at work has been really helpful and have all congratulated me.
i think my boss wasn't happy because i'm like the only one she can always count on to go help out at any other property no matter how far away. and i'm pretty good at what i do.

http://www.gofundme.com/Valentina

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search