Verifi blood test

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By drewbears

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Did anyone pick this genetic blood test at their NT scan? It seems to have better (accurate) results and tests 4 different things.

I'm supposed to get the results next week.

NT scan seemed to go well. I can't get into my photobucket account for some reason so I put it as my avatar.
March 27th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
FYI this is one of the blood tests that apparently tells sex of baby *see baby boy announcement thread.
March 29th, 2013, 08:13 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I did some test at home... I pricked my finger at home and then filled 5 circles with blood, let it dry and then put it in the mail.... not sure if it was the same one?
Spyctre likes this.

April 3rd, 2013, 04:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
No that's the one I did when we lived in MD with my last baby. For some reason down here (GA) they don't do that only the tests where they take blood and send it somewhere.

I'm still wondering if anyone was offered this one. I took it one week ago today and haven't heard back yet.
April 4th, 2013, 04:27 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I had a blood test done about 2 weeks ago, it was one that I have never done before. she said it was because I am over 35. I don't know what it is called though.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 4th, 2013, 06:18 AM
BostonmamaSue12's Avatar Veteran
Yes, this is the test I had. It is just a blood test and within 5 business days, the genetic counselor called and told us there were no indications of downs syndrome or other abnormalities and that it is a boy! It is an expensive test though - $1,100...im still trying to see if my insurance will pay for it. So, far they have paid half...

Expecting #3 on September 30th! ITS A BOY!!

April 4th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope mine isn't taking a long time because something is wrong

Was it "in network" for you?
April 4th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Leah
I think the general rule of thumb is no news is good news. I'm sure if something was wrong, they'd have been on the phone immediately. Have you tried calling to see if they're back or to get an ETA?

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
April 4th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Mine was sent to a lab in CA, but they said some labs are slower than others, so I wouldn't worry!

April 4th, 2013, 10:44 AM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just had blood drawn for this yesterday, it is being sent to the state of California. The paperwork I handed the lab tech said they will have the results to my doctor in 10 days. If we end up having a special needs baby we want to make sure we get what we need in advance to be prepared. I'm also looking forward to learning the sex of baby in soon!

Follow my fan page: https://www.facebook.com/MissBellsBowtique

Last edited by SierraWinter; April 4th, 2013 at 10:47 AM.
April 4th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Mine went to California too. I checked the website and it says 8-10 days from when THEY get the sample. My doc said I would hear this week but it seems like maybe next week.
April 4th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I wanted to do the one with the 5 circles, but I'm so close by now that I'll just wait. I'd still worry about boy results myself. I read a bunch of articles a while back about how some women are born with XY chromosomes! Jamie Lee Curtis is XY! They can still have children and periods, but it's weird! Knowing my luck, that would totally happen to me. I'd get so excited, and IT'S A GIRL!

I also wonder about boy/girl twins that look the same. Maybe they were both boys to start with? lol

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven NTNP for #4 and doing the boy diet till!
http://arwenart.com
April 5th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Yep must be the same lab. Mine went in on a Tuesday and they called the following Monday with the results. Beware though - they warned me that the sex portion of it isn't foolproof...but odds are it is right...

April 5th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Regular
I am having that exact test on Monday with my NT scan. Can't wait! They told me results could take up to 3 weeks. So all your times are making me excited maybe I will know sooner I am nervous!

STC #2 for 35 cycles, FINALLY pregnant!! IT'S A GIRL!

Payton - 5 Buster- 2

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search