Anyone with no morning sickness?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 07:00 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(For those of you who have been sick...don't hate!)

I had dry heaves once--drank too much cold water. Otherwise I have had mild nausea that is instantly relieved by eating something or having a Jolly Rancher. I had about 2 hours of nausea with my DD.
I know how the other half live. My SIL was on disability because she couldn't work with her hyperemesis and my other 2 SIL had varying degrees (miserable) of morning sickness.

March 28th, 2013, 07:02 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
O.o I'm not hating but I'd love to know if anyone who DOES NOT have morning sickness is taking anything/doing anything special that could contribute to not having morning sickness. At this point I think I'm willing to try almost anything.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
March 28th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Super Mommy
I am 7 1/2 weeks and haven't had any m/s. I take phenegran at night but only to make me sleep because it knocks me out. I've had maybe 2 morning episodes of dry heaving but I overslept, jumped out of bed and drank a bunch of water with my progesterone pills. I had nasty m/s with my 2 previous pregnancies so it has bothered me not having any and making me think something is wrong but my everything seems good so far.

Our Tobianne 10/24/13

DS # 1 Jacob is 7 years old
DS # 2 Austin is 3 years old
March 28th, 2013, 07:58 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't and I didn't have any with my first pregnancy either...just lucky I guess!

I also don't know how others do it!! I can't imagine being sick or nauseous. Maybe God knows I'm a wimp and couldn't handle it...

March 28th, 2013, 09:05 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I think it's luck, carbs, and avoiding smells!
March 28th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Veteran
i've never had morning sickness, with this one or my son.

#3 edd 08/06/2015
March 28th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I don't have morning sickness or nausea, but I do have pregnancy induced acid reflux. That alone makes me vomit, but it's weird. No nausea, just a sudden urge to empty my stomach. I'd take this any day over the hyperemesis I had before.

At the beginning of this pregnancy, several of us had no morning sickness after having bad pregnancies. The one thing we had in common was a lack of a gallbladder. I had mine taken out last time I was pregnant in an effort to stop the vomiting. The hyperemesis gravidarum was that bad.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven Hoping to get knocked up in 2016...sometimes.
http://arwenart.com
March 29th, 2013, 08:36 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
None for me either. I do get nauseous every day, but that usually subsides when I eat. Haven't thrown up at all...did the whole dry-heaving thing once a few days ago. Other than that, nothing. I think it helps that I eat a lot. My scale doesn't like it, but the baby does lol
March 29th, 2013, 09:55 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
no hate from me! yall are lucky.

March 29th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Veteran
I haven't thrown up or dry heaved at all. I've gotten a little queazy (like my stomach went sour) and have had some acid reflux which recently stopped. I've been brainwashed into thinking no morning sickness = bad news, but keep reading that about 40% of people don't have it (and I just had a good appt!).

I think the key for me is to keep something in my stomach - if I start getting queezy, I eat something and it keeps things at bay. And I haven't been around a lot of chemical smells or smoke. But overall, I think maybe I'm just lucky this time....

I feel for all of you though - my sister was sick right up until she delivered; and I have no idea how she did it!!
March 29th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Veteran
I haven't thrown up or dry heaved at all. I've gotten a little queazy (like my stomach went sour) and have had some acid reflux which recently stopped. I've been brainwashed into thinking no morning sickness = bad news, but keep reading that about 40% of people don't have it (and I just had a good appt!).

I think the key for me is to keep something in my stomach - if I start getting queezy, I eat something and it keeps things at bay. And I haven't been around a lot of chemical smells or smoke. But overall, I think maybe I'm just lucky this time....

I feel for all of you though - my sister was sick right up until she delivered; and I have no idea how she did it!!
March 29th, 2013, 12:16 PM
chachartier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was nauseous from weeks 7 to 15 with my first, but never threw up or dry heaved a single time. I noticed that the prenatals made it worse, so I took them at night instead of morning. Also, if I didn't have a snack before bed or in the middle of the night when I was hungry and I woke up starving, I felt more nauseous. I do eat a LOT of candy, and I am not a big meat eater (mostly pasta) but there are definitely different things this time around that are making me feel nauseous (the smells and the thought of eating somet things). Last time I didn't want anything to do with eggs or chicken, and I pretty much lived on fruit my first trimester. This time I am still able to eat chicken most of the time, but beef stew (even when I ate it, my stomach felt fine, but the THOUGHT of eating it made me feel sick), and sometimes some herbs/seasoning in sauces will get to me, but mostly it has been oil/grease that makes me really nauseous this time.

Make a pregnancy ticker

March 29th, 2013, 12:18 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No morning sickness here either, never had it with my other 2 either. Weirdly enough the ONLY time I've ever had it was with my pregnancy that I lost at 12 weeks. Weird!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

March 29th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
None here. I had a stomach bug at 6 weeks that lasted 4 days. That's it. I do have pregnancy induced acid reflux as well, but only if I take my vitamins before bed. I had m/s with previous pregnancies, so I'm just considering myself lucky this time.

March 29th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to swozze3 Send a message via Yahoo to swozze3
I've been very lucky that so far I've never had m/s and this is #4. I have went through times with each pregnancy but this one that around 16 weeks or so I came down with a horrid case of the flu I think my no m/s is also attributed to eating small since I am on insulin
March 29th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Regular
No morning sickness here! I have been on and off nauseous but it seems to only be when I am hungry. or if I eat too many sweetarts With DD I was sick from 7-11 weeks. Everything from chicken to V-8 made me lose it. I also find it a bit scary as it is so drastically different from my last pregnancy, but I keep telling myself every pregnancy is different!

STC #2 for 35 cycles, FINALLY pregnant!! IT'S A GIRL!

Payton - 5 Buster- 2
March 30th, 2013, 04:15 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
I had very mild nausea for about 3w. I haven't had any for around 2w now.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twin GIRLS!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search