Co sleeping?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By drewbears
  • 1 Post By 1fabulousfem

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 06:40 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is anyone planning on co sleeping? Sawyer slept in the rock and play last go around, but I'm thinking that I would really like a snugglenest or something in our bed. I will be bfing and its so nice to be able to roll over and grab your baby 4 times a night, then having to get up!

I'm just wondering if anyone has used any cosleeper apparatus that they would recommend!

March 28th, 2013, 08:19 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Wondering - do you do the whole burping and diaper part of the routine in the night too? Obv first timer here!
March 28th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is my first, but planning to do all in bed - sleeping, feeding, burping, changing. I'll just keep the things I need on a bench at the end of the bed. I can't imagine having baby sleep in another room or having to get up, but that's just me!
March 28th, 2013, 09:42 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
Wondering - do you do the whole burping and diaper part of the routine in the night too? Obv first timer here!
Yup, still do diaper changes and stuff. As they get older, you don't have to do them as often/not with every feed.

I'm going to check out the Arms Reach Cosleeper tomorrow. I had a pack n play by the side of my bed last time. It was fine, but I still had to sit up to get her out and would get out of bed to put her back in. Doesn't sound like a big deal... but I was up a lot with her. What I would miss on the cosleeper is a changing table/pad. Most pack n plays have those attached--very convenient.

March 29th, 2013, 08:57 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
we have co-slept with all our kids and it was the best ever! I am too lazy to get up and out of bed to go sit in another room to feed the baby.

If you are going to co-sleep of course there are safety precautions to take. We actually have used our crib as a co sleeper, we take the one side off, bump our bed up against the crib and DH attaches it to our bed with zip ties. It works great!

March 29th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to swozze3 Send a message via Yahoo to swozze3
I have co-slept with all our kiddos and #3 still co sleeps with us everynight. She's getting better about sleeping on the couch my herself for naps now though She's 20 months old right now

March 29th, 2013, 12:10 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I still had to sit up with the rock and play. I was thinking of getting a side car something...but I really like the idea of a snuggle nest right in bed. It looks like from the reviews that long babies would grow out of it pretty quickly though, so I've been looking to see if there are any other better options

Yes to the burping, diapers, though sawyer was never quite the burper.

March 29th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I don't like to cosleep, but I always end up doing it. I don't have a nest or anything. When they wake up to be fed, I usually get them out of the swing or PnP, bring them in bed with me, and go right back to sleep. Then we sleep through the night with a baby attached to my boob.

March 29th, 2013, 01:59 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have co slept with my other 2, but I find it SUPER hard getting them out of our bed later on. My 5 year old still sleeps most of the night in bed with us!

But I'm definitely not against it if it means more sleep at the time! lol

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

March 29th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't officially co-sleep, but I have the bassinet on my side of the bed right up against the bed. Often they end up in with us after the last early morning feed, & stay there until we get up

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
March 29th, 2013, 04:25 PM
YoginiMomma's Avatar Veteran
we're either getting a bassinet to start (on a bench/ottoman right up next to the bed) and an arms reach later when baby is bigger, or just start with an arm's reach, it depends on which stroller we get because some of them come with a detachable bassinet.

we will NOT be having baby IN the bed with us when he/she is little though... my fiance/soon to be husband tosses and turns and sleeps horribly and I sleep like a rock- and we have a queen bed. it just wouldn't work.

*"It is through the body we realize we are a spark of divinity"* ~ Iyengar

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 29th, 2013, 04:28 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We co-slept with both zoey and noah. Zoey moved into the pnp next to our bed at about 5 weeks (she was sttn), and then to her room and crib a couple of weeks later. Noah just started sttn (he's 5 month) and has been sleeping in the pnp for about 10 days now. We will move him to his room in a couple of weeks.

I was super nervous about co-sleeping at first, but it just makes everything so much easier. Both baby and I slept better. I wasnt checking if baby was breathing every 2 minutes.

March 30th, 2013, 03:19 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Yes, we co-sleep. It makes my nights so much more tolerable! Love it!

Stacey, wife to Allan & Mom to:
~Anastasia (14) C/S, 8lbs 7oz, 20.5"~
Noah (11) C/S, 8lbs 12oz, 19"~
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

March 30th, 2013, 06:09 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Co-slept with Finn. We also had a bassinet and then PNP right up against our bed.
It's so much easier especially in the early weeks when you're nursing so often.
We'll be doing it again this time!

Last edited by 1fabulousfem; March 30th, 2013 at 06:17 PM.
March 31st, 2013, 04:59 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will have the PnP bassinet set up next to our bed.
Cosleeping isn't my favorite when they are tiny. It makes me nervous and I don't sleep well.
When baby is a little older it usually ends up nursing/sleeping in our bed in the early morning hours, when I've given up getting it to sleep in its own bed!
March 31st, 2013, 05:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Co-slept with all of mine too.
March 31st, 2013, 08:31 AM
Leah
I'm thinking something, a pack and play probably, next to the bed. I think I'd just be too paranoid about in the bed. SO can be a bit all over the place - though if he doesn't have him some breathe right strips and a mouth guard, he may be couching it anyway.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
April 1st, 2013, 04:27 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I have co-slept with all of mine. I didn't intend to with my first, but it was either that or I get absolutely NO sleep at all for the first few months, lol. I was too nervous to let him out of my sight. It made feeding and changing soooo much easier too. I plan on doing it again this time.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 1st, 2013, 11:44 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't really co-sleep with my two daughters, but I would nurse them in bed and then fall asleep while they were eating, lol. About 30-60 minutes later I would normally wake up and put them in their beds. With my second though, she sometimes slept with me, but with me alone, since my ex husband was not someone you would want to cosleep with. She was colicky for the first 6 weeks so I kinda had to. Plus she was one of those babies that had to be held or very close to you or she would fuss and she had her nights and days mixed up in the beginning. Once I switched her to formula at 6 weeks she was no longer colicky and was an easy baby (albeit rather active).

This baby we plan to have an arms reach co-sleeper by my side of the bed. If I end up co-sleeping, baby will be between me and the co-sleeper I think. I get too nervous about DH rolling on her or something. He can be a heavy sleeper sometimes.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 1st, 2013, 11:47 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep! We'll use the PnP and try to use that as much as possible, but I won't have a problem pulling the baby into bed with us. And I'll only allow it the first 6ish months then the kiddo will have their own bed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search