DH Birthday! Need ideas

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By soul_donut

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 01:28 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Hello ladies! DH's bday is tomorrow, and my family just left today. We were in week two of full time house guests (first DH's parents, then my parents and 2 teenaged siblings) and yesterday DH and brother caught a 24 hour bug and were bedridden. He's still iffy but feeling better today, thank goodness! Same with my brother who is back in the car heading home with the fam. But with the constant hubbub, cleaning and cooking for everyone the past 2 weeks I haven't gotten a present. Besides, I feel weird spending on things like this because DH is the wage earner and it's like he's buying himself a present (which he would just do if he wanted something, thanks to Amazon prime!). Anyway, in addition, friends that were going to come over aren't able to and want to get together Sunday, which takes some of the festive winds out of the sails. I planned on having a DH centric day (breakfast in bed, sexy times, etc) and then going to his favorite restaurant for dinner, hopefully catching some of the baseball game on TV (it's opening weekend!) and going out to whatever pubs he wanted to, since I'm normally a tired preggo party pooper! Is that nice enough? What can I do that doesn't cost much but shows I care?

I know having a quiet house with no teenagers running amok is a good present but I still feel like I want to do something. He doesn't have a sweet tooth so baking is out..
March 29th, 2013, 02:01 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My old go to for DH was his favorite magazine, pop, and candy- but maybe you could do snack?

Back massages are always good to add to the DH centric day. We are always out of town with family for DHs bday and we never get alone time, so he hates it! He'd probably love what you have planned!

March 29th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
. I planned on having a DH centric day (breakfast in bed, sexy times, etc) and then going to his favorite restaurant for dinner, hopefully catching some of the baseball game on TV (it's opening weekend!) and going out to whatever pubs he wanted to, since I'm normally a tired preggo party pooper! Is that nice enough?
That's plenty nice!

For my hubby's birthday, I fixed him breakfast and served it bed, had some sexy time, then took him to his favorite restaurant for dinner. The real gift to him was the fact that he could have an endless supply of margaritas because I was the DD - he had a blast!

I'm sure whatever you end up doing for your DH, he's going to love it!
March 29th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your plans sound good to me! Men are such simple creatures . Food, lovin', and baseball
March 29th, 2013, 03:05 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Hooray! Thanks, ladies!

Good. I'll get him a card and a magazine or treat or something and go as planned. It's so hard w/ him b/c he just isn't gifty. In the "Five Love Languages" book he'd be Acts of Service and Quality Time but when I think bday I think gift. Can't help it!
Irshtripletsmommy likes this.
March 29th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think that day sounds perfect. I think the best birthday present now is doing something with your significant other. Those days are few and far between with kids.

My DH's birthday was yesterday and I Grouponed the whole day, lol. Paddleboarding groupon in the morning and restaurant groupon later on.

March 29th, 2013, 05:23 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think that day sounds great. Dh usually tells me what he wants lol.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search