Home Doppler question.

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Regular
Some of you may have seen my other post about getting the angelsounds Doppler and how well it worked. Now I have questions for any moms to be that have used at home dopplers:

- Did you find you could hear it really well somedays and find it quickly, but then the next day can barely hear it or not hear it at all after minutes of searching?
- Did you find certain times of days worked better than others?
- Did you lay completely flat or were you slightly propped up?

Thanks for reading. Any insight would be great! I have found that with a full, and I mean FULL, bladder it works a lot better for me. I'm very happy I've been able to hear it as many times as I have for only being 10w but of course get worried when its faint or I can't find it at all.
April 3rd, 2013, 04:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just ordered my Doppler today so I don't know yet.
April 3rd, 2013, 04:17 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I tried today and didn't get a good read - it was stronger on Saturday. I had just emptied my bladder, maybe that was it. The gel makes a difference too - the actual U/S gel (it was in the bottom of the package! woops!) worked better than my home remedies. Don't you worry!
April 3rd, 2013, 06:04 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Using the gel is super important, and it does work better without an empty bladder. I can usually find it right away, but sometimes baby will move to close to the placenta and it will mix up the two sounds. placenta and h/b. I absolutely would not be worried if you are having trouble with it. Try looking a little lower, I've read some ladies that said they were looking to high. Are you trying on or just above the hairline? I am almost 13 weeks and I am finding it about a half inch above it.
April 3rd, 2013, 06:08 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I almost gave myself a heart attack last night.

I used the Doppler 3 times last week. Every time I found the hb within about a minute.
Last night I searched for over 30 minutes....nothing.
So, I drank a bunch of water. I also laid on my stomach on the couch for about 5 minutes. I tried again and found the hb right away.

Lesson learned. Sometimes it will pop right up, sometimes it won't. I'm so mad at myself for freaking last night. I was pretty much in tears. :/
I have the Sonoline B.
April 3rd, 2013, 06:29 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Lemon made a good point. Sometimes you just need to get baby moving. The best time to try is after waking up or eating.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search