Babymoon ?!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By soul_donut
  • 1 Post By Lemon
  • 1 Post By YoginiMomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2013, 07:51 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
We have discussed this a while back but now that we are in the zone for traveling I thought I'd ask again. Anyone planning a babymoon?

DH wants to use miles to go to Paris! He travels internationally for work and racks up the miles and hotel points like crazy so it's an affordable option. He also started looking at JetBlue specials in the Caribbean. I'm so pumped! I am letting him look because its a fun distraction / break from work. We figure we won't get out much once baby is here so let's go now! We got engaged and married on an island, lets celebrate baby on one too
Anitha, jennyrae03 and MrsPea like this.
March 31st, 2013, 08:23 AM
Leah
Oooh, both sound lovely. We'd actually been planning on a cruise for my birthday, but I'm thinking I don't wanna do that while pregnant (thanks disaster cruises for ruining that!). We'd definitely still like to go somewhere though before baby.

Right now I'm thinking driving distance though, because being on a plane this past week for work sucked horribly. Definitely would not recommended first trimester flying if either MS or flying have been an issue. Cruising altitude was fine though. I'd definitely like to go somewhere non Florida like. Beaches would be OK, but someplace with a different feel.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
March 31st, 2013, 09:23 AM
You could go to Savannah or Charleston for the weekend, depending on how far up you are in FL. The small islands off the Gulf Coast are awesome, esp the ones you can only get to by boat.

I recommend a few places in Jamaica if you decide you want to fly. I could go on and on about them so if anyone's interested PM me!
March 31st, 2013, 10:23 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do it!!

We have quite a few tickets and hotel points from DH's work travels too.
My mom is a teacher and off in the summers, so I want to plan a kid free getaway for this summer! We thought about going back to NYC, but I'm not sure ill get thrilled to do so much walking. I might need to plan a trip where we lounge and eat mostly...lol.
soul_donut likes this.
March 31st, 2013, 12:04 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're going to go visit my sister in Chicago this summer, but that's about it. I don't know that I'd call that a babymoon though, more like a fun get away/ catch-up.

March 31st, 2013, 12:11 PM
YoginiMomma's Avatar Veteran
We're going on a combo honeymoon/babymoon in from July 1-21st- when I'm 6ish months pregnant.first we were going to go to indonesia because I've never been to SE asia and I've always wanted to go and it's our last chance (fiance has seen the entire world) before baby comes... otherwise we have to wait til he/she is weaned and leave baby with my parents... but then I researched more about it and the risk of getting sick is too high. So then we were thinking Costa Rica... but we could easily do that WITH a baby-- and now we're thinking Europe. Start in Amsterdam, take the train down to Paris, and then cote d'azur and all the nekkid beaches, take the train down to Spain and go to all the islands.. and then maybe finish up in the greek islands. It's three weeks and we're spending 2 nights max in both amsterdam and paris so I think it's doable.
soul_donut likes this.

*"It is through the body we realize we are a spark of divinity"* ~ Iyengar

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 31st, 2013, 01:05 PM
Ashley that sounds great! I agree that you probably shouldn't do SE Asia pregnant. We also ruled out Central America for similar reasons. My DH got food poisoning in these locations and we don't want to mess around with any of that at 6 months pregnant. If I get sick in Germany I wouldn't worry so much about finding a doctor.

I was thinking Amsterdam but I'd just miss out on too much going there pregnant. After looking around, I think that my best bets are Cozumel, Aruba, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, Dublin, and Frankfurt. Anyone have any experience w/ these places?
March 31st, 2013, 02:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My friend is coming to stay a week in May. She is forcing dh and I to take a side trip alone. I think we'll do Savannah because we've lived here a year and haven't made it over there yet and it's only 2.5 hours away!
April 2nd, 2013, 09:12 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How fun! You are going to have a blast!

We are going to Hawaii at the end of May for a last horrah before the baby comes. MUCH rather go to Paris though!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search