May tell work tomorrow

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By *Lana*
  • 1 Post By soul_donut
  • 1 Post By angelaod
  • 2 Post By SierraWinter

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2013, 06:45 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel big. I'm not huge, but when I'm trying to hide it, I feel uncomfortable. I normally have a flatter stomach and now I don't and have obviously gained weight. The only place I'm "not pregnant" is work.
This is a picture my little photographer took at 10:30 this morning (it is kind of blurry). The only thing that occasionally changes is the part above my bellybutton. Below the bellybutton is only getting more pronounced each week.
Thinking of telling my manager tomorrow. He just started less than 3 weeks ago, so I'm a bit nervous. The interim manager is still there, but pretty much everything is being transferred to him. I was going to wait until after my next ultrasound, but it is 17 days away. I have learned that the guy has a 2.5 year old. That makes me feel a bit better. I was also just recognized last week for being there 15 years (I've been in this department almost 2 years).

Anitha likes this.

March 31st, 2013, 06:56 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Best wishes! Since you've been there so long, I hope it's not an issue for you.
*Lana* likes this.
March 31st, 2013, 07:01 PM
I started with this department the first day it started and I am the first one to be pg. There is another branch of the department that had been around forever, but it is mainly males and the few females that are there are older.

March 31st, 2013, 07:34 PM
angelaod's Avatar Regular
When I told my boss all she wanted to know was if I was going to come back to work after the baby was born lol. After I said yes she said congrats
*Lana* likes this.
March 31st, 2013, 07:37 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope it goes well! If he has a 2.5 year old, I would hope he'll be supportive.
*Lana* and Anitha like this.
April 1st, 2013, 05:36 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope it goes well!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

April 1st, 2013, 07:10 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! I can't imagine it would go anything other then well.

April 1st, 2013, 09:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Have you told yet? Good luck if you haven't yet. How did it go if you did ? KUP My boss took the news well and has been ok so far in terms of letting me take a day off or work from home here and there...

April 1st, 2013, 09:15 AM
Veteran
Good luck, I'm sure you will feel better once you get it out there.

April 1st, 2013, 11:26 AM
I survived. I had about 20 minutes before my first meeting, so I went right over to him and asked to talk to him for a few minutes
Not much he could say, but he said congratulations and then we talked about kids for a couple minutes. I told my supervisor, who I assume had figured it out as she is smart. Then I sent an email to my team. It is April 1st... initially it was taken as a joke. I put an ultrasound pic and wrote "Baby [name of the application I work on]"--they were cool about it. I stood up and showed a disbeliever my stomach and his jaw dropped--he hasn't noticed. Now I don't need to wear layers (it is hot outside) and can just wear regular shirts
Another reason the timing worked out was we have trainee on my team and I don't know what their plans are for her, but I want them to keep her. She's been dragging her feet on getting certified as she will be sent back to her department. Hoping this week allow them to offer a position.
Also emailed the HR lady responsible for our department to two her. My last pg did not affect my work schedule as I only worked occasionally--like a few times a year.

Oh my goodness! I was talking to my old manager and another manager came up so I told her too. Her response: "I figured you would tell when you ready. I knew you hadn't just gained weight." I laughed. She is a nurse, so not totally clueless.

Last edited by *Lana*; April 1st, 2013 at 01:03 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search