Have you bought anything for baby yet?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 05:50 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone? yet?

Not me yet. I may start buying small neutral things, like onesies, after the nt scan providing it goes well.

I'll start buying the big stuff after the anatomy scan.

April 2nd, 2013, 05:57 PM
angelaod's Avatar Regular
We haven't bought anything yet either, we are waiting to find out if its a boy or girl first. BTW your girls are beautiful!
April 2nd, 2013, 06:08 PM
Proud mommy!
We haven't bought anything yet either. We most likely wont until after 20 weeks.

April 2nd, 2013, 06:13 PM
Loni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought at Ergo off of Ebay but that's it for now.
April 2nd, 2013, 06:16 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing! Pretty amazing, I'm sure I had bought quite a few things by now with Sawyer. I don't think we are finding out, so probably won't buy a whole lot beforehand!

April 2nd, 2013, 06:26 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're waiting to buy things. I heard baby's HB yesterday but I'd like to wait until we're "in the clear" with the SCH before I go crazy, because TRUST me, I'll go crazy lol. We got rid of all of our baby items after DS, Long story, so we have to buy all new things and we'll also be getting things from family once I'm MUCH closer to my c-date.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 2nd, 2013, 06:39 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
We were given a new crib, dh bought these HUGE teddy bears during Valentines Day, I bought a nursing pillow and a blanket... its REALLY hard for me to shop so far though
April 2nd, 2013, 06:57 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just a nursing pillow, because it was free except for shipping lol. Probably after my appointment Thursday, provided it goes well.
April 2nd, 2013, 07:28 PM
Druslady96's Avatar Veteran
Nothing yet... I said I would wait until I was a least 12 weeks and now I'm still scared. Weird I know, but I am scared to jinx it... I'm thinking of scheduling a 3D gender ultrasound in 3 weeks and then maybe we will start baby shopping. It's been 9 years so we got rid of all our baby stuff... So I get to buy everything new! YAY....
Allisonjuly and AllieD like this.

April 2nd, 2013, 07:53 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I couldn't resist and bought 2 yellow ducky sleepers plus the free nursing pillow. Lol dont think i will buy much else for a while though.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 2nd, 2013, 08:10 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Druslady... can you really schedule them that early? Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question, but I looked into doing it and they suggested not to schedule until 18 weeks?
April 2nd, 2013, 08:15 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If everything goes well with the NT scan, I'm seriously considering getting an elective gender scan done at 15 weeks which is what I think Druslady is talking about.

So if I feel like everything is ok, I'll gonna schedule it for April 29th-- less than 4 weeks away!!
Ame C likes this.

April 3rd, 2013, 04:20 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I haven't yet, but I may start with some gender neutral things soon too.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 3rd, 2013, 04:24 AM
mamarazzi40's Avatar Veteran
I bought a "My 1st St Patricks Day" bib at Babies R Us when I was picking up a "Big Sis" shirt for my 2 year old. There is not much neutral stuff out there!!

Once we have our CVS results in the next day or so, I'll know whether I have to shop for a boy or go through all my girl stuff! Ackkkkkk! CAN.NOT. WAIT.
sweety_pie likes this.
April 3rd, 2013, 04:24 AM
mamarazzi40's Avatar Veteran

Last edited by mamarazzi40; April 3rd, 2013 at 04:26 AM.
April 3rd, 2013, 04:35 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought a new Beco Butterfly right after I found out I was pregnant. It was such a good price, I couldn't pass it up.
I bought a new Hooter Hider this week. I enjoyed using it in the nb stage with Emma.
I'm trying to decide between two diaper bag patterns and plan to pull the trigger this week.
The other things I hope to buy, before we know the gender are: infant carseat, swing, nursing tanks.
Clothes, blankets, burp clothes, etc will wait until we find out gender.
April 3rd, 2013, 04:36 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa

I bought a monkey hat on clearance, some Weezer lullabies, and a nursing pillow from yesterday's free sale because it was such a deal!

I called the ultrasound place around here that does gender determination and they said 15 weeks - we may go in and do that in a few weeks. Maybe my birthday present! I want that, or a mani/pedi. I normally do them at home so it'd be a realllll treat! I can't do ultrasounds at home so that'd be nice too.
April 3rd, 2013, 05:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Still scared.

Yesterday I got my pregnancy pillow out of the attic. I actually felt sad because I kept thinking if I lose the baby this is going to be the item that reminds me and makes me cry.
April 3rd, 2013, 09:38 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have bought some stuff. But it is all gender neutral (meaning I would put it on a boy or a girl, even if it isn't yellow or green).

here is a pic I took a few weeks back so I could remember what I had bought. I have also since bought 6 more of the comotomo bottles (they are so great), a pair of mint green baby gap preemie pants for when the little one is brand spanking new, two pacifiers (those green generic ones), and 24 more cloth wipes in white. Did i mention I LOVE baby shopping!!!

Once we find out the gender, I will be purchasing more. I was planning on buying A LOT of stuff myself and just have my shower(s) be for the extra stuff, but my office may be shutting down and if it does it may or may not happen before the baby comes so I just want to save money right now since I don't know how long I will be out of work for. Lovely timing!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 3rd, 2013, 02:15 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope, we won't be buying anything until we know the gender.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search