For anyone that's had spotting...

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 05:06 PM
Regular
I had 2 small dots of spotting this morning that were pinkish/brown in color. A very small amount. It was just a one time occurrence and hasn't happened since.
We went to the doctor for an urgent appt they were able to get me into. They did an u/s and all was well, baby was wiggling all around and the on call doc said all looked well for being just over 10 weeks. Heartbeat was around 170, which was also great.
So of course that was a relief but I still can't help the worry. Doc said it could have been many factors with increased activity level or placenta shifting being the most common. I would just like to know how many other moms to be have experienced this type of thing...?
April 3rd, 2013, 05:13 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me, but it was way more blood than that! If I'm not mistaken, it was around 11 weeks that this happened. Anyway, I freaked out and ended up in the ER. Eight hours later everything looked fine - baby was fine, cervix was closed - they never could figure out what caused it. After one more day of light spotting, it stopped.

There was a second incident with a small amount of spotting - they thought that all the vomiting I was doing putting too much pressure on my cervix. Still, everything was fine.

I know it's hard not to freak out when you see even one drop of blood, but please try to relax. It really is pretty common.
April 3rd, 2013, 05:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had it early on with this one...maybe 7 weeks. With my 3 year old I had it at 15 weeks and it last a few days.
April 3rd, 2013, 05:22 PM
Regular
Ok I'm glad to see others have gone through this and things turned out ok. There was no heavy cramping involved. Still haven't had anymore thus far.
April 3rd, 2013, 05:26 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
There was no heavy cramping involved. Still haven't had anymore thus far.
Hopefully you can relax a bit now.

The scary part about my run to the ER is that I was actively bleeding with cramping and severe back pain.
April 3rd, 2013, 05:40 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bled really early on in this pregnancy because of a SCH. That said it is my understanding that women often spot bleed in pregnancy after sex due to the blood vessels on the cervix being more delicate than usual due to all the hormones floating around. The same with bearing down for bowel movements I believe. It can cause blood vessels to break & therefore cause small bleeds.

Glad to hear everything is ok!

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013
April 3rd, 2013, 05:41 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been very lucky that the only spotting I have had was after my pap. I am glad everything turned out okay though!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

April 3rd, 2013, 06:40 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
I had some spotting when I was 5w5d and then again at 7w1d. I had once or twice since then of barely pink tinted CM, but it's not been a regular thing. I was worried too, but everything is fine. Try not to worry too much.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twin GIRLS!!

April 3rd, 2013, 08:10 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had some really light spotting twice. Once was after I helped lift a mattress. The other time I think was because I wasn't hydrated enough. ( someone on here gave me that tip!) so make sure you re drinking enough! GLD everything ends up fine.

April 3rd, 2013, 09:11 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me...I have SCH though and apparently it's "rather large" according to the tech who just decided to scare me by saying that. There are a TON of factors as to why women spot and I was told by my doc, not the tech, that some spotting is normal. It's when you have spotting and pain/cramping/uncomfortable anywhere (pelvis, back, etc) too that it's a problem. Try not to fret hun. I'm sure everything is okay. I've been spotting on and off since I found out I was pregnant. I heard baby's heartbeat for the second or third time on Monday and everything seems to be A-Okay.Hope that helps.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 4th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Super Mommy
I spotted for a week. Scared me to death since I was only 7 weeks along. No cramping and not super heavy, just a dark wine colored when I wiped. ER trip once becuase I couldn't stop stressing. They found a perfect bean that has continued to grow and have a great heartbeat. I spotted once with my first DS but I was further along. I have it somewhere in the back of my mind that anytime I could be out but the u/s's have been very reassuring and seeing the baby grow just fine helps a lot. My OB said there are a lot of reasons but most go without knowing why. Sorry you are having to deal with it. It's scary for sure but sounds like your u/s showed a growing healthy baby!

Our Tobianne 10/24/13

DS # 1 Jacob is 7 years old
DS # 2 Austin is 3 years old
April 4th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Regular
Thanks for all the insight. I haven't had any more instances except for the one time yesterday morning.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search