Great & so -so update

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By WorkerBeeMama
  • 1 Post By soul_donut
  • 1 Post By Dolly Lama
  • 1 Post By 2Corinthians10:4
  • 1 Post By Rosiegirl7
  • 1 Post By Lotsakids
  • 1 Post By QL1516
  • 1 Post By 1fabulousfem
  • 1 Post By Lemon
  • 1 Post By Irshtripletsmommy
  • 2 Post By jennyrae03
  • 1 Post By anothermother
  • 1 Post By Iluvmybabies*
  • 1 Post By jamieshalon2
  • 1 Post By sweety_pie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 04:07 PM
happywife's Avatar Super Mommy
I have had two more songrams since my last post. They both showed a very perfect, very bouncy little baby. Heart rate has been in the 160's. However today I got the "preliminary" results on the NT test. All of the measurements were perfect, but the bloodwork shows that I am at an "increased risk" for Trisomy 21 (Down's Syndrome) and Trisomy 18. I made the appoint for the diagnostic bloodwork for next week, but I think I am going to cancel it. It won't make a difference to my Dh & I either way. We both have a strong faith (right now him more so than me...life is wearing me down), but we both feel like everything is going to be ok. We have also had several people at our church tell us that too.

My depression is pretty bad right now, my OB wants me to be on medicine, but I don't want to risk hurting the baby. I was on Cymbalta with my son who passed away, and I know in my heart that the cymbalta was a contributing factor in his demise. I just wish I could let go of stuff. Starting at age 5, I ve been through the mill and then some. Im in a great marriage now, and I couldn't ask for a better "from the outside looking in" life, but I am just so weighed down on the inside by everything that I have been through.

Please continue to pray for us...

Married to my bestfriend Graham and proud mommy to Codi - 15, Kevin - 13, DJ - 11, Mylyn & McKynlee - 3 & Graham Jr. ~born on Earth, living in Heaven ~ May 9, 2012
April 3rd, 2013, 04:14 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you are having a hard time. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs!
happywife likes this.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 3rd, 2013, 04:19 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Aw hun, I'm sorry you're feeling depressed. If you can get to a therapist to talk about things maybe you can get by just fine without medication. Good luck to you!
happywife likes this.
April 3rd, 2013, 04:24 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm truly sorry that you're having such a hard time right now.

I'm also dealing with depression and anxiety without medication - it's hard! Do you have supportive friends and family? Have you thought about counseling of any kind? Do you feel well enough to get out of the house and walk, even if it's briefly just several times a week?
happywife likes this.
April 3rd, 2013, 04:33 PM
happywife's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly Lama View Post
I'm truly sorry that you're having such a hard time right now.

I'm also dealing with depression and anxiety without medication - it's hard! Do you have supportive friends and family? Have you thought about counseling of any kind? Do you feel well enough to get out of the house and walk, even if it's briefly just several times a week?
I am sorry that you are going through this too, but it really helps having someone here who truly understands. Thank-you for the ! My OB gave me the name of a counselor in the town I work in, but when I called them today, they told me they dont take my insurance When I am home, I am so blessed tired that I just want to go to bed. I work full time at a job that is one hour each way from home. I am also in school full time. There is 4 more weeks left in this semester, and then I am only taking one class this summer. Hoefully the lighter load will be some relief. I have absolutely the best DH in the entire world (I will brag at any given chance ) He is so super supportive, that Sometimes I almost wonder if it is too good to be true.

Married to my bestfriend Graham and proud mommy to Codi - 15, Kevin - 13, DJ - 11, Mylyn & McKynlee - 3 & Graham Jr. ~born on Earth, living in Heaven ~ May 9, 2012
April 3rd, 2013, 04:39 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm keeping you in my prayers!
happywife likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

April 3rd, 2013, 04:44 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you are going through this! Keep us posted on how everything is going. It looks like you are trying to see all the positives-which is great! Keep that up and everything will be just fine.
happywife likes this.
April 3rd, 2013, 04:46 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry you are having a rough time right now
happywife likes this.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
April 3rd, 2013, 04:50 PM
Leah
I can relate to your description. I found there are certain things that it's less about letting go and more about living with, for myself anyway. Some things have such an impact that they change you. I found group therapy to be very beneficial. Something about knowing it's not just you lessens guilt and shame type feelings that sometimes come along with the territory. Check with Family Services for referrals - some may work on a very reasonable sliding scale.
happywife likes this.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
April 3rd, 2013, 05:10 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
I strongly believe you have a beautiful healthy baby baking in there.
I am so sorry that the depression is kicking in and I know you are strong enough to kick it right in the butt.
You have been through so much and I cannot see those numbers meaning a darn thing BUT I will say a special prayer for you anyway because you are asking for one.
Hang in there. I have my eye on you!
happywife likes this.

April 3rd, 2013, 05:25 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fabulousfem View Post
I strongly believe you have a beautiful healthy baby baking in there.
I am so sorry that the depression is kicking in and I know you are strong enough to kick it right in the butt.
You have been through so much and I cannot see those numbers meaning a darn thing BUT I will say a special prayer for you anyway because you are asking for one.
Hang in there. I have my eye on you!
Yes, I agree!
happywife likes this.
April 3rd, 2013, 05:55 PM
Julie
I have also dealt with depression for most of my life. The pregnancy hormones seem to bring it out worse too. You just gotta keep going, but I know how hard it is, and it sounds like you have a very stressful life right now with commuting so far and school. Please take care of yourself, you are so blessed to have a husband who is supportive. I will pray for you and that sweet little baby.
happywife likes this.

April 3rd, 2013, 06:21 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
*hugs* we are all here to talk if you need it. I will absolutely keep you and your family in my prayers. I'm positive that your little bean is just perfect keep your chin up, love.
1fabulousfem and happywife like this.
April 3rd, 2013, 07:19 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
**hugs** hoping and praying for a false positive on the NT scan results. I'm sure everything is ok.

Hang in there, girl. I know it's tough. I've had my share of depression. It's no fun. You have a great outlook on it though. Just keep swimmin'
happywife likes this.

April 3rd, 2013, 09:49 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
((Hugs)) I am praying you feel better fast!!!

I deal with sever anxiety disorder but refuse to take meds while pregnant and it can get bad at times
happywife likes this.
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 10mo 10/10/13

April 4th, 2013, 04:21 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Most everyone I know that has gotten bad results on the NT scan were false. I know it is hard dealing with depression, my dh deals with it all the time. Hugs.
happywife likes this.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 4th, 2013, 05:40 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you are having such a rough time. I've dealt with depression my whole life as well, so I know how tough it is. I find pregnancy really makes you feel blah most days too! Thinking of you!
happywife likes this.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search