Good appt today BUT- my doctor is taking maternity leave AHHHHH!!!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 09:28 PM
Jackie1122's Avatar Veteran
So I had a great appt today! My 3 year old acted great, and my doctor decided to do an ultrasound just for the heck of it! I got to see our little baby moving around, my son thought it was the coolest thing ever. Lost 1 pound total during the first trimester but my doctor said not to worry. So all was great and on the way out I went to schedule some future appointments. The receptionist caught me off guard when we got to August when she asked what doctor I wanted to see when mine was on maternity leave! I was like uhhhh what??? I had no idea my doctor was pregnant! I am super happy for her, but a little nervous about what this means for me. She is taking maternity leave the middle of August, and I am due the middle of October. The receptionist said she is probably taking 1 month leave, but they scheduled me with a different doctor at the end of August and didn't make any appointments after that. I thought most people took 6-8 weeks of leave, and I'm sure a doctor can afford to take whatever they want. If she took 6 weeks that would mean she would be back 2 weeks before my due date, or 8 weeks would be right at my due date. If it is not likely that she will be delivering my baby, I would prefer to see someone else. I know there is always a chance that it will be another doctor anyway, but I don't want to keep seeing the same person knowing that they probably won't be delivering, know what I mean? I would think that she would have notified the patients that she knows she will not be able to deliver out of courtesy, so I am hoping that means she plans to be back by my due date. I plan on bringing it up at my next appointment (after a congratulations of course!) but it just caught me off guard today and I had to share!
April 4th, 2013, 04:35 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
In my office there are 4 doctors and you get which ever one is on call that night. When I had my last son there was only 2 docs, so I get to meet 2 new ones this time. Not sure if I like that or not, but Oh well, lol. Sounds like a great appt for you otherwise though

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 4th, 2013, 05:35 AM
karmaissotrue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
At least you know in advanced and if you decide to find someone else you have time... My Dr last time retired 2 months before I was due, never said a word to me before hand !!!!! I was on bed rest and no one would touch me, so I was stuck at the practice... I ended with another Dr & I ended up loving her but it could have been disaster

THANKS SO MUCH KILIKI FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGY
April 4th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Julie
Interesting that she's 5. Months pregnant and not showing. It and good and bad when you have a practice with multiple docs. You don't have to wait too long and there are more docs to see for regular appointments, but yeah, you may end up with a doc you don't like for delivery. This is exactlywhat might happen to me. So if she will be on leave by your due date are you going to switch to a different office completely?

April 4th, 2013, 11:14 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh wow. I can imagine the shock! Hopefully it'll all work out, who knows, maybe you'll love the stand in doctor better?

Hooray for a great appointment though!

April 4th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's tough!

Maybe you can see some of the other doctors so you are familiar with them?
April 4th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Jackie1122's Avatar Veteran
I don't think I will be able to switch practices. I have Scott and White insurance and see the Scott and White group of doctors that deliver at the Scott and White hospital! I guess I could go to a different S&W clinic but it would be a much farther drive. I had no idea she was pregnant at all! She wears scrubs so the top is loose and didn't give any clues. I remember when I was pregnant with my son I was barely showing at my gender scan at 20 weeks though. I am surprised she didn't mention it to me during my appointment, I would have felt better if she had told me personally and explained how it would work with my pregnancy. Instead I heard from the receptionist and am now left to wonder.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search