Ladies who are thinking of getting an early U/S

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By soul_donut
  • 1 Post By SierraWinter

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I talked to DH about this last night and he is on board. The place here does them at 15 weeks. I'll be 15 weeks on April 30th. So we'll probably schedule it for later that week.

Anyway, the place had two gender prediction packages.
One is 2D and is $94.
The other is $124 and includes 3D/4D U/S.

Which would you pick?
I'm thinking we should just go for the 3D/4D. Probably easier to tell early with that one?
April 4th, 2013, 06:21 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would just go with the 3D/4D

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 4th, 2013, 06:25 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What's nice about these gender ultrasounds is because you are strictly wanting to know the gender you *rarely* leave without knowing it, even being "early" at 15 weeks. The place we went to the lady has *never* been wrong.

I don't know how much easier it would be per say with the 4D. I do know that they usually recommend the 4D scans later just because you can't get the detail at 15 weeks like you could at 25weeks+. So if you could save part of that money and afford to go back from another scan later in the summer I'd do that.

April 4th, 2013, 06:41 AM
The one that is $124 does 2D and a 3D/4D.

It says they have a 100% accurate rating for gender prediction for both packages. Hmm.
April 4th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've never done a 4-D but I might near the end for fun!

$124 seems like a very good price
April 4th, 2013, 08:06 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I'd say go 2D - the baby isn't fat enough to get a good look at what he/she's going to look like and IMO the 4Ds are a littttle creepy. If the baby didn't look as baby-like as I'd be hoping I think I'd be double creeped. Save the money and get lunch afterward to celebrate your new baby BOY/GIRL!
iCathy likes this.
April 4th, 2013, 09:14 AM
I just want to pick which ever one will give us the best look at the genitals!
April 4th, 2013, 09:47 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I love the 3d/4d u/s's, they are awesome. I would go for that. I may look into one if I don't find anything out tomorrow at my NT scan. I found with both of my last pregnancies that they were boys at the NT scan, plus my friend and SIL found our theirs were girls at their NT scans with this same doc.

Jamie age 37-Married to Widget age 33 for 14 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 4th, 2013, 10:06 AM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
3D!!! If it is a girl, it could be wrong with a 2D. Our tech was confident my daughter was a boy at 15 weeks with a 2D.

April 4th, 2013, 10:31 AM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
eek! I cant believe how close we are to all the mamma's on here knowing if they're having boys or girls! Its exciting
AllieD likes this.
April 4th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Julie
I'd go with the 3d since it isn't that much more expensive and you wanna be sure. I will be getting mine around the same time. I have to double-check, but I think the place near us charges alot a lot more for 3d.

April 4th, 2013, 12:09 PM
katchi's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
I'd say go 2D - the baby isn't fat enough to get a good look at what he/she's going to look like and IMO the 4Ds are a littttle creepy. If the baby didn't look as baby-like as I'd be hoping I think I'd be double creeped. Save the money and get lunch afterward to celebrate your new baby BOY/GIRL!
Yep. I did the 3D/4D with Birdie and the place I went to gave me a discount on both to do the early u/s in 2D and then pay in advance to come back after 24 weeks and get the 3D/4D, so ask for that even if they don't offer. I very highly recommend getting the 3d/4D late in pregnancy because the early ones make baby look like a weird alien and are actually kind of disturbing. They are SO COOL in the late weeks, mine both came with a video and multiple image disk. I was even able to see that she had A LOT of hair so I was prepared at the hospital with hair accessories. Hee hee. I believe mine was done at 28 or 30 weeks...
For the early one, I vote to just do the 2D, you will be able to see well enough. Have a sugary or caffeine drink before you go because it makes baby move around so you're less likely to get your shot blocked with a "shy" baby. I just had a 12 week u/s and I am pretty sure I am having a boy this time. Only got a brief glance and the tech didn't say a peep about it, but I'm almost certain I saw a turtle when they zoomed in to get the shot of legs. I get a 16 week and will know for sure then, but I'm just telling you that at 15 weeks, you'll be able to see on the 2D just fine. Again, I highly recommend the 3D/4D late--you'll be amazed at how well you see everything, it is a phenomenal keepsake! HTH!

April 4th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I would go with the 3D package!!!!

We will be getting another 3D ultrasound with this baby(did one last baby and loved ot lots)but not until after 20wks, I love them but there best done between 10wks and 32wks after 32wks its harder to get good pics
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search