Friday Five

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 03:58 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Where did you go grow up?
2. Do you still live there?
3. Does your best friend still live there?
4. What is one bad thing about your hometown?
5. What is one good thing about your hometown?

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

April 5th, 2013, 04:21 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
1. Where did you go grow up? Quinque (Quin-qwee), Virginia

2. Do you still live there? I live one town over in Stanardsville, Va

3. Does your best friend still live there? My old best friend from childhood lives one county over in Madison, Virginia. The best friend from adulthood lives about an hour from me in Fluvanna County, Virginia.

4. What is one bad thing about your hometown? this place feels very segregated between the people who have money and the people who don't. Almost like adult cliques. I don't like cliques, so I prefer to stick to myself, lol.

5. What is one good thing about your hometown?
we have one of the best Italian restaurants to eat around here. Everyone loves it.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 5th, 2013, 05:27 AM
karmaissotrue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
1. Where did you go grow up? Jersey
2. Do you still live there? No we've moved a few times, we finally brought a house 4 yrs ago
3. Does your best friend still live there?No
4. What is one bad thing about your hometown?There isn't much racial balance or mix
5. What is one good thing about your hometown?It's close to all major highways

THANKS SO MUCH KILIKI FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGY
April 5th, 2013, 05:32 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Where did you go grow up? PA
2. Do you still live there? Yep.
3. Does your best friend still live there? Depends on which one. DH does. Female? No
4. What is one bad thing about your hometown? The police are jerks. I haven't got in trouble with the law or had run ins with the law but I've watched countless people be harassed for NO REASON by them. I'm talking even the elderly. I've also watched them take their sweet old time to get there when someone calls for important emergencies, ie: domestic disturbances, situations that need SWAT intervention, breaking and entering calls, shots fired calls. GRRR!
5. What is one good thing about your hometown? It's beautiful. I love all the water that surrounds me. I love the architecture. We actually have gargoyles on a few of our buildings. It's pretty cool. We also re-located one of our buildings physically(morgue, I think..), by horse and buggy! Who else does that?! I actually love the people too! A majority of them are really sweet and friendly.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 5th, 2013, 05:38 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Where did you go grow up? NE, Texas
2. Do you still live there? No, the Army has taken us elsewhere. But we will be back (God willing) in about 3 years.
3. Does your best friend still live there? Yep, both of my childhood best friends still do.
4. What is one bad thing about your hometown? It's boring, it's a small town so there isn't much for kids and young adults to do other than get in trouble.
5. What is one good thing about your hometown? It's beautiful. I love the NE Texas landscape, I love the pastures and the woods. I could literally just lay out in a field and be perfectly okay.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

April 5th, 2013, 06:05 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Where did you go grow up? South Jersey
2. Do you still live there? nope.
3. Does your best friend still live there? most of my friends growing up still live there.
4. What is one bad thing about your hometown? busy, busy, busy.
5. What is one good thing about your hometown? lots of variety. everything is so close and there is 3 of everything.

April 5th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Where did you go grow up? Florida- Miami and then Tallahassee

2. Do you still live there? We live in Tallahassee.
DH and I both went to college here and our parents are here.

3. Does your best friend still live there? She lives in Jacksonville

4. What is one bad thing about your hometown? The airport is small and expensive to fly out of.

5. What is one good thing about your hometown? The schools are good. We are an hour from the beach.
April 5th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
1. Where did you go grow up? Calgary, Alberta
2. Do you still live there? yup
3. Does your best friend still live there? yup
4. What is one bad thing about your hometown? my city is stupid exapensive
5. What is one good thing about your hometown? all my friends and family and the blue skies all the time
5 time HG survivor , AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 9mo 10/10/13

April 5th, 2013, 01:09 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Where did you go grow up? Montreal
2. Do you still live there?Back in Montreal after leaving Quebec for almost 10 years
3. Does your best friend still live there?She does
4. What is one bad thing about your hometown?The language police, (if your not french)
5. What is one good thing about your hometown?Home of the Montreal Bagel, Smoked meat sandwich and POUTINE!

April 5th, 2013, 08:06 PM
YoginiMomma's Avatar Veteran
1. Where did you go grow up? small town Connecticut, suburban town in Florida (moved when I was 12)
2. Do you still live there? my parents still live in Florida, I got the heck out as soon as i could!
3. Does your best friend still live there? She did live there but she lives in colorado now, maybe california soon.
4. What is one bad thing about your hometown? connecticut- small, snows, no culture, no racial diversity, no diversity at all actually. florida- old people, suburban strip malls endlessly lining the roads, flat, no good hiking.
5. What is one good thing about your hometown? connecticut- nothing really. florida- beautiful beaches, culture, art, produce, gorgeous weather.

*"It is through the body we realize we are a spark of divinity"* ~ Iyengar

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 5th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Druslady96's Avatar Veteran
1. Where did you go grow up? Union City, CA
2. Do you still live there?[COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]I live just on the border of the next town[/COLOR]
3. Does your best friend still live there? [COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]Nope, both my BFFs live 1 1/2 hrs away in opposite directions[/COLOR]
4. What is one bad thing about your hometown? [COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]There is only one high school and it has a ton of kids and they allow kids from all over to transfer in[/COLOR]
5. What is one good thing about your hometown? [COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]location... surrounding it, within an hour (or less) you can be at the beach, in the city (SF), in the valley, in wine country, in the mountains, a amusement parks, 3 airports.... [/COLOR]

April 5th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Druslady96's Avatar Veteran
1. Where did you go grow up? Union City, CA
2. Do you still live there?I live just on the border of the next town
3. Does your best friend still live there? Nope, both my BFFs live 1 1/2 hrs away in opposite directions
4. What is one bad thing about your hometown? There is only one high school and it has a ton of kids and they allow kids from all over to transfer in
5. What is one good thing about your hometown? location... surrounding it, within an hour (or less) you can be at the beach, in the city (SF), in the valley, in wine country, in the mountains, a amusement parks, 3 airports....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search