Pelvic girdle pain/ SPD ladies check-in - Xposted

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ladies who have or have had SPD during past pregnancies, how are you feeling now?
The pain is getting worse for me and I can sense the change in my gait - I am waddling even though I don't have much belly weight to warrant that yet. Sitting flat on the floor for a few minutes triggers it bad for me and I invariably have bad pain that night and the next day. Also the pain is fluctuating on a day to day basis, like it would hurt a lot one day and the next day I'd feel ok. Kind o how my nausea is these days...I think the hormones are to blame of course. But still overall it is getting worse the further along I get in this pregnancy.

I looked up some chiropractors in my area and none of them have any reviews I looked at their websites and picked the one I felt most comfortable with - a woman. I emailed her describing my condition and asking if she had experience treating pregnant women. Hopefully, if she responds, I will be setting up an appointment next week.

April 5th, 2013, 01:15 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had it so bad with my first. Never had it with my 2nd...

So far, no pain...so I'm hoping I don't get it this time around. I was miserable. I hope yours somehow dissapears. The maternity belt helped a BIT at the beginning for me, have you tried one?

April 5th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I did not try the belt until third trimester last time and it did not help one bit for me! Plus it was uncomfortable and almost seemed to make it worse...I wasn't impressed....I'll see how the chiropractor thing goes this time...
Glad you don't have the pain this time. Were your first two different genders?

Last edited by Anitha; April 5th, 2013 at 01:26 PM.
April 5th, 2013, 02:00 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First was a girl...and I put on 70lbs. 2nd a boy and only 15lbs... so maybe the quick weight gain had something to do with it for me?

SPD is no fun.. sucks that its starting so soon for you. Keep those knees together! Lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search