Anyone feel like they're going to get cavities?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2013, 08:25 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Weird question
But I feel like every time I want to brush my teeth I am going to puke so I don't get as good of a job done. And the extra spit makes me gag too, I cannot count how many times I have drooled on myself while brushing my teeth!
April 6th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Leah
I think this first trimester is probably doing a number on them with the puking, the acid, the struggle to eat. I'm hoping to get in once I feel better - trying to wait til safely in the second trimester - and address any ASAP/ prevention stuff. I'm going to have to go regardless because the puking has loosened a filling towards the front.

I'm trying to get extra calcium whenever possible -Tums, milkshakes, whatever. I'm also using mouthwash all the time because I also don't feel like I'm able to brush as thoroughly due to gagging.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
April 6th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Yep! Not to worry you, but my last pregnancy ruined my teeth. I was excruciatingly ill until about half way though. I could not hold down food at all. The acid from the stomach can ruin the enamel on your teeth. I also have liver issues where it is difficult for me to store and make certain vitamins, couldn't keep down food, or prenatals, so baby was taking EVERYTHING as far as nutrition goes, from me. I still have some dental work that needs to be finished. I wouldn't be too worried about it since my situation was a little different. BUT, I would say to make sure you're put on Zofran or another medication for morning sickness if you cant hold down your food or brush your teeth! A lack of nutrition will affect your teeth!
April 6th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eek, it's so hard to brush the back of my mouth. Flossing too.
I need to book my cleaning, I'm just waiting a few weeks, because I can't imagine having someone in my mouth at the point.
April 6th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Mine are ruined from pregnancy. I can't tell you how many fillings I have but I've also had a root canal and two crowns. It's always the visits after I have a baby that I dread.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search