Nosebleeds?!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wanta.number2

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
I wish it wasn't Sunday, so I could call the nurse, but has anyone has nosebleeds during pregnancy? I have never, ever had one, and this afternoon, I was eating lunch with DH and felt something wet. Blood everywhere. I was kinda freaked out, never having one, but DH assured me I was okay. It took about 15 minutes to stop. Anyone else?
April 7th, 2013, 01:18 PM
angelaod's Avatar Regular
I haven't had any noise bleeds, but every morning when I blow my nose there is blood in it. Doc said its normal. My gums also bleed a lot when I am pregnant.
April 7th, 2013, 01:25 PM
CountryMedic911's Avatar Kerana mama to be in 2013
I get them once a week. My dr isn't concerned to much about it right now

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the awesome siggy!

April 7th, 2013, 03:02 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Had them in my 2nd pregnancy. I think its normal..but def mention it to your ob.

April 7th, 2013, 03:42 PM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
I've had nose bleeds my entire life and yes, I had them almost daily with DS. I slept with a humidifier every night and it didn't really do much. I thought they were more common during pregnancy? Never mentioned it to my OB. I was actually thinking that it was weird I haven't had one yet during this pregnancy the other day!

April 7th, 2013, 03:48 PM
I did some more research and apparently they can be more common during pregnancy. I just panicked. lol. Literally spit my food out of my mouth and ran to the kitchen. Its weird never having them and then having it just pop up like that. I always thought it would hurt for some reason.
soul_donut likes this.
April 7th, 2013, 03:57 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been getting them a couple times a day since I got preggo. (I don't normally have them) We sleep with a humidifier but the dr said I could use a saline nasal spray or even coat the membrane with vasoline. The spray has been helping.

April 7th, 2013, 05:21 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Tiffani, lol! I'm picturing your nosebleed panic very vividly

A nosebleed was my VERY FIRST pregnancy sign. I never get them so I was weirded out to get two in one night. I attributed it to coming from a high altitude, but the next day I got one, too at sea level. I've had a lot of nasal congestion since becoming pregnant, and I don't really have allergies in Florida (though I had some minor allergies in PA). I think it's all preggo related. Occasionally I'll see slight bleeding when I blow my nose, but nothing extreme. Mention it to your OB for good measure - that sounds like a lot of blood all at once! I wonder what the wives tales would say about THAT!
April 7th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Melissa, I was horrified and DH was trying to stifle the laughter lo!!! I spit a mouthful of pizza on my poor dog lol, I missed the plate!

I actually had another one later on, and got some saline so we will see how they continue. Its a weird, kinda gross feeling that I could definitely live without!!
April 8th, 2013, 05:06 AM
karmaissotrue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
I got them often with DS & I've had three thus far this time around

THANKS SO MUCH KILIKI FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGY
April 8th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had one last night and this morning. I also just flew back from vacation in Georgia to dry Vermont, so I was blaming it on the airplane and change in climate.
April 9th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Veteran
i've never had nosebleeds my whole life, except when i was pregnant with my son. it scared me too at first because i didn't expect it. my dr at the time said it was normal. so far non this pregnancy.

http://www.gofundme.com/Valentina

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search