Craving gone wrong...

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 2 Post By soul_donut
  • 1 Post By Irshtripletsmommy
  • 4 Post By FishermansWife4
  • 3 Post By *Mrs.ToyaJae*
  • 2 Post By MrsPea
  • 1 Post By jamieshalon2
  • 1 Post By Seasaidh

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2013, 04:24 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I was craving a hot dog soooo bad on Saturday. I told dh and the kids that I was going to make my cheesy, cresant roll hot dog roll ups and fries for dinner. When I finally sat down to eat it I was so excited. It smelled so good. I took a big bite and it tasted like garbage. No joke, it actually tasted like a garbage can smells to me, lol. Oh well, guess I won't be craving hot dogs again any time soon hahaha.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 8th, 2013, 04:46 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no, I hate when that happens!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

April 8th, 2013, 04:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It's crazy what normally tastes good to me now tastes bad.
April 8th, 2013, 04:54 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Rough!
April 8th, 2013, 05:13 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Crappy!!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 8th, 2013, 05:32 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Rats!! That sounds awful but kind of funny

Had dinner with a friend who has kids a little younger than I am. She was excited to hear our pregnancy news and was asking me if I had any cravings or aversions, and I told her no for the most part. She mentioned to me that when she was pregnant, the smell of alcohol and coffee made her so ill - her husband had to drink his coffee outside. She normally enjoys both. In addition, she had a brain tumor a few years ago, and since then, her reaction to beef and pork (and chocolate) is how you describe - she thinks it looks good and she wants it, but something registers when she eats it that she thinks it's disgusting! Maybe something gets triggered like this in pregnant brains that causes this weird food aversion because there is no other reason why a delicious crescent dog should be anything but delicious!
April 8th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
It is so strange, I agree. I usually LOVE Chinese food, but I am having problems with that too. I made Mandarin Chicken last night and I couldn't eat anything but the noodles after it was done, lol.

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
April 8th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sucks, i thought about eating a hot dog on my trip to costco this weekend. Fries sound amazing!

My biggest craving gone wrong was putting bbq sauce on spinach salads. I loved it during my last pregnancy. Since then, the thought of it makes me so sick. I am no longer able to eat bbq sauce or spinach.

April 8th, 2013, 07:20 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenj915 View Post
That sucks, i thought about eating a hot dog on my trip to costco this weekend. Fries sound amazing!

My biggest craving gone wrong was putting bbq sauce on spinach salads. I loved it during my last pregnancy. Since then, the thought of it makes me so sick. I am no longer able to eat bbq sauce or spinach.
Costco hotdogs are the best!!

I haven-t really had any problems with food itself...more so smells. I had to leave a restaurant because someone near our table ordered fish and I couldnt take it. DH has had to sleep in the guest room a few times because I can smell coffee or beer on him. (Even after he's showered, and brushed his teeth a million times.

April 8th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Julie
What a disappointment! I now want hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls though lol
jamieshalon2 likes this.

April 8th, 2013, 08:19 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's tough!

Side note - I think we're getting to the stage during pregnancy where we're posting about food and making each other hungry!! I shouldn't be so excited about this but I am It's a huge step for all of us! WOOHOO!

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 8th, 2013, 09:02 AM
*Mrs.ToyaJae*'s Avatar Super Mommy
Lol....yessss all I cam think about is food. That sucks something so delicious went wrong. Id love a hotdog right now.....*drooling like homer simpson.* lol

My. Two. FAVORITE. Little. Men.

April 8th, 2013, 09:06 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to have a Target Hot dog, but it wasn't very good either. Sorry it tasted so bad! The smell of coffee is getting worse for me, which sucks cause I work at Starbucks. My midwife mentioned putting lemon on my upper lip so I smell that instead. Maybe that would work when hubby doesn't smell so nice either.
fancypants27 and jamieshalon2 like this.

April 8th, 2013, 11:21 AM
My dh and kids keep teasing me because I will be sitting there fine and a commercial will come on TV or someone beside us at the soccer games will say something and all of a sudden that certain food is all I can think about. that's what happened Saturday with the hot dogs. the girl beside us at soccer was talking on her phone about grilling hot dogs, lol.
FishermansWife4 likes this.

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
April 8th, 2013, 01:25 PM
CountryMedic911's Avatar Kerana mama to be in 2013
When I'm at work and we are posted some where in the city I have to be near a gas station or grocery store because I'm always hungry and have to pee lol. But a hot dog sounds so yummy with chili cheese fries! Yum! I have had that happen to me a few times most recent was with olives I had greek olives and looked so good and everything ate one threw up right after from the taste

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the awesome siggy!
April 9th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancypants27 View Post
Costco hotdogs are the best!!

I had to leave a restaurant because someone near our table ordered fish and I couldnt take it. .
This post made me go home and grill tilapia last night, lol. Tilapia, herb and butter rice, mustard greens with vinegar and cheddar garlic biscuits, lol.
So funny how someone else's aversion can make others have a serious craving, lol.

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
April 9th, 2013, 11:54 AM
"Shay-see"
If any of you live near me, come by and I'll throw us a corndog party!

LOL I craved corndogs a couple weeks back and my overly-efficient husband bought me a box of like 30 frozen ones. I had one? two? and the rest are just sitting there as I've not wanted them since and he's a vegetarian. Augh!
jamieshalon2 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search