Crisis Averted

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Irshtripletsmommy
  • 1 Post By Spyctre

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Maybe.

I was a little worried about who would be delivering my baby. My OB said she tries to do all of hers. Another man at her practiced dismissed me from his care because 4 miscarriages is his limit. 5 or more and you are SOL. I really don't want him to be on call because he has a 60% cesarean rate. I just really don't want to recover from surgery. Recovery sucks! The other doctor is very good, but I hear his bedside manners lack a bit. As long as he doesn't tell me it's just pressure, I'll be good.

But now I'm even more worried. I know I have little to worry about, but something might happen. My clinic is beside a hospital. There are a team of OB's in the hospital and a separate team in the clinic, but they ALL deliver in the hospital. I just found out something about one of the hospital's OB's from an orderly.

I'll start by saying their nickname for him is "The Butcher". She told me in two weeks of cleaning his OR's, she would see more perforated bowels than in the 2+ years she worked at her new hospital. Holy crap! She tells me, "Do not go to him. He WILL cut your @ss. He MIGHT cut your @SS!" I don't like him being in the same hospital as me. But unless something drastic happens, my clinic team will deliver me.

This past weekend seemed to be a horror story fest. I had a friend whose first baby was stillborn. I knew this before, but she told me more about it yesterday. She had a midwife, and I guess like many she didn't get a lot of unnecessary tests. Well, starting around 3 months, she was calling the midwife telling her something was wrong. She went in 5 times without an appointment between then and 6 months, they would check the heartbeat, and she'd be sent home being told it was fine.

Cut to her regular 6 month u/s. Found out her water broke around 3 months, probably in the tub. The baby was the size of a 4 month baby, and she was informed if she wasn't induced right away her fertility would be compromised. This was far back enough where there wasn't a way to save the baby(12+ years ago), but there is now when this happens, or at least that's what my buddy said. So she delivered her daughter then. Next time she was given a choice between doctor and midwife, she went for the doctor and all of the annoying tests.

Guess I won't be so annoyed now with those tests the OBGYN bombards me with. Let's just hope I don't get The Butcher or his friend Mr. Cesarean.
April 8th, 2013, 11:11 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW! I'd be apprehensive too and I HAVE to get c-sections! Tons of positive thoughts coming your way that you never encounter either of these men

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 8th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Julie
Scary stuff. It is scary seeing things a behind the scenes kind of way, and how some doctor's and nurses can be careless with such important things. For me, i didn't really like the vibe I got from the nursery in the hospital where I will be delivering, so I will definitely be letting the nurses know that I want the baby with me at all times after birth.
Lotsakids likes this.

April 8th, 2013, 11:26 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
wow, that is some scary stuff. I am not sure about my OB's C-section percentages or anything, but he is a high risk OB, so I am sure he has done plenty of them. I don't want a recovery time either. So much harder once I get home to do what I have to do, but if I have to then I will.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 8th, 2013, 12:52 PM
*Mrs.ToyaJae*'s Avatar Super Mommy
O_O----butcher? Id be worried too. Praying you dont see him or the king of Cecerean.

My. Two. FAVORITE. Little. Men.

April 8th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irshtripletsmommy View Post
Scary stuff. It is scary seeing things a behind the scenes kind of way, and how some doctor's and nurses can be careless with such important things. For me, i didn't really like the vibe I got from the nursery in the hospital where I will be delivering, so I will definitely be letting the nurses know that I want the baby with me at all times after birth.
Same orderly was telling me about c-sections. Said the doctor aims for the trash but always misses. She always finds an umbilical cord on the floor. That is so weird!!! I know that thing ends up in the trash, but it's strange thinking about someone throwing it away for you.

They don't keep your baby at ours, they want you to. They will watch him or her if you want a bath, etc, but for the most part you hear, "We aren't babysitters! We're nurses! But I can get you some coffee to keep you awake." lol I felt weird asking them for coffee. I felt they didn't go to school to get me coffee.
jennyrae03 likes this.
April 8th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Really hope you dont encounter either of those Dr's! Knowledge is power, but sometimes it can be pretty darn scary too.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
April 8th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am freaking for you right now!
April 8th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Leah
Wow. Hopefully both are nearing retirement age soon.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
April 8th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by QL1516 View Post
Wow. Hopefully both are nearing retirement age soon.
Mr. Cesarean is. He's up there. The Butcher looks younger than my husband. His photo didn't have one single strand of grey hair.
April 8th, 2013, 06:01 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Umm scary!, OT- how do you find out the c section rate of doctors?

April 8th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
That's so scary I'm so sorry I hope he stays far away from you!!

I'm so happy I love my doctor I have been with his for 8 years now!!!!!
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 10mo 10/10/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search