C-section Mommas?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2013, 11:19 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I'm curious, who all will be delivering via Cesarean Section, that knows they need a repeat?

I know I do. I have 2 traverse incisions and 1 classical cut. I got very lucky though and the cuts on my uterus might be different, but the cuts on my outter skin are all bikni cuts. No clue why they did this. My theory is because she was only 29 weeks gestation. I should ask sometime lol

If you're a traverse c mom, will you be trying for a vbac? If you already had a vbac, will you be having another vbac or going straight for cesarean?

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 8th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will be a c-section again. Im already penciled in....Oct 1, 2013 at 7am! Let's see if he comes sooner though!

April 8th, 2013, 02:05 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll be having my first VBAC. Why did you have a section for your 29weeker, that might give you reason for the way they cut. I know some early mamas who had them because they had another surgery at the same time, I also know a mama who had an early section that there was no reason so far as we know that they did that type of cut, except that it might have been easier for the doctor.
I've had a vaginal birth before, and only had a section last time because of cord prolapse so I have a pretty good chance of being successful at a VBAC, I hated my section for MANY reasons and hope to never have another one.

April 8th, 2013, 02:39 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Finn was breeched and I had fibroids with one laying under the placenta. He was born via c-section and since they will be 15 months apart I will need a repeat.

April 8th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
I will be having a repeat as well. We should be penciled in at my next appointment, but we are going to try to hit 39 weeks, which is the farthest I have ever been able to go before I start labor. If I'm not laboring at 39 weeks then we are going to try and let baby bake for a few more days for good measure, but I will be getting daily NSTs from 39 weeks on. Other than complications that I had last time, I have a history of early delivery and big babies!
April 9th, 2013, 06:02 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's a very long story but I had abruption of placenta due to blunt force trauma. I wish I could make it to 39 weeks. My biggest baby was my son at 5#10oz. I'm really trying to go to 37 weeks this time (DD#2 & DS were born at 36 weeks) so I don't need an amnio to check for fetal lung development. In a nutshell because there's no point in complaining, I have a lot of physical issues with the whole c-section process. I want to make it as easy as possible because, God willing, this will be my last one. So far, doctor is on board with the wait but we will see how things go. Maybe it'll just mean I get extra ultrasounds when the time comes I will never argue with that!

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 10th, 2013, 06:34 AM
fludderbye's Avatar Super Mommy
I have had 3 c-sec so I will prolly have another- i cant imagine that they would even let me try to push one out at this point LOL

April 10th, 2013, 08:32 AM
BostonmamaSue12's Avatar Veteran
I had a vaginal with my first and c section last time and will again. I had mine at 39 weeks last time but heard it might be a little earlier this time around so that I don't go into labor first...

Expecting #3 on September 30th! ITS A BOY!!

April 10th, 2013, 09:16 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
I am a good candidate for a VBAC but we will have to wait until the time comes. DS was only a c-section because he was posterior and I tried for hours to push him out. My Dr. will not induce me again for a VBAC though so if this baby is as late as DS was (induced at 10 days late) they will do another c-section. Dr. said I can make the decision even after my due date has passed if baby isn't here yet.

April 10th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fludderbye View Post
I have had 3 c-sec so I will prolly have another- i cant imagine that they would even let me try to push one out at this point LOL
you are right there are not many doctors that would, but it might be worth looking into to see if they would give you a TOLAC (trial of labor) I know of a few women who have had VBA3C.

April 10th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
The only thing I would mention, and I am in NO WAY trying to dissuade anyone, but while it would be a great thing to try a "trial of labor", be prepared for a harder recovery from your section.
April 10th, 2013, 05:55 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a c with Sawyer due to failure to progress past 5 cm. I am so hoping for a VBAC this time!!

April 11th, 2013, 04:10 AM
fludderbye's Avatar Super Mommy
I will ask Thank you !!
April 11th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanta.number2 View Post
The only thing I would mention, and I am in NO WAY trying to dissuade anyone, but while it would be a great thing to try a "trial of labor", be prepared for a harder recovery from your section.
could you please clarify what you are saying here? Do you mean it is harder to recover from a section period, or that recovery from a labor after section is harder? if the first is what you are saying I totally agree, if the second I'd like more info on that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHoot View Post
I had a c with Sawyer due to failure to progress past 5 cm. I am so hoping for a VBAC this time!!
just out of curiousity have you ever had a proceedure done on your cervix? in or before pregnancy... reason I ask is because some women have cervical scar tissue and are given the lable 'failure to progress' but by your OB or midwife massaging the scar tissue while you are in labor if you happen to get stuck, you might be able to get the scar tissue to budge, and progress past that point. I have a link if you want it, but I'll have to find it so just let me know and I'll find it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search