Shaving anyone??

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2013, 08:20 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Okay please tell me this is not just me!
I know your hair is supposed to get all luscious and long, well so far for me it's just body hair that's doing that. I find I have to shave so much more lately and I don't know if it's just because I'm so lazy I just dont want to or if it really is just growing at Superman speed?
Anyone else have experience with super hair growing everywhere but the head?
April 8th, 2013, 08:43 PM
YoginiMomma's Avatar Veteran
my hair all over is growing super fast. Let's just say brazilian waxes hurt 10 more while pregnant!! I'm considering starting to wax my legs/armpits too just to have smooth skin- I shave and then the NEXT day I'm all stubbly. it's crazy. I did get my first haircut in like 2 years though (i've been growing out my hair) and it looks AMAZING now... so glad I did that, I wouldn't of if I wasn't pregnant and I didn't have faith my hair would be down to my butt by the time I give birth!

*"It is through the body we realize we are a spark of divinity"* ~ Iyengar

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 8th, 2013, 09:46 PM
CountryMedic911's Avatar Kerana mama to be in 2013
Mine has slowed way down actually

April 9th, 2013, 03:23 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't found mine to be much different lol

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 9th, 2013, 04:14 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine has sped up too. It wasn't as annoying at first since it was cold, but now that it's starting to get warm it means I have to shave more
FishermansWife4 likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

April 9th, 2013, 04:17 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I am not sure because I just shaved for the first time since january the other day, lol. I looked like a cave woman hahaha.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 9th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety_pie View Post
I haven't found mine to be much different lol
This.
April 9th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The other day I was looking in the mirror at how awful my skin looks and I noticed a HAIR growing out the front of my neck!!!! It was 1/2 inch long all by itself
April 9th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allisonjuly View Post
The other day I was looking in the mirror at how awful my skin looks and I noticed a HAIR growing out the front of my neck!!!! It was 1/2 inch long all by itself
I had the exact same thing happen, but dh found it while I was driving. I was totally grossed out.

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
April 9th, 2013, 05:42 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I think you hair growers are having girls - I read that online so it must be true

I have not had this problem. My head hair grows pretty fast normally and it's doing it's thing right now. I'm sprouting less greys which is good. My body hair actually has slowed a bit so that's been great! I hope it stays that way because we have a pool and I don't want to have to fuss over parts I can't reach so well every day. I think this means BOY.
April 9th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It almost seems like my body hair is growing more than the hair on my head...And since I am weird and hate body hair, this should get interesting when I can't see around my big ole' belly enough to shave my hello kitty.

Quote:
I think you hair growers are having girls - I read that online so it must be true
I was wondering if there was any truth to this. Some ladies see an increase, then some say that their hair doesn't grow at all; very few say that nothing has changed...We'll see if the theory holds true on the 17th when I get my next u/s.

Last edited by Dolly Lama; April 9th, 2013 at 05:46 AM.
April 9th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Veteran
mine has slowed down too. i haven't noticed my hair on my head doing anything different but on my legs it's coming back really slowly.

http://www.gofundme.com/Valentina
April 9th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly Lama View Post

I was wondering if there was any truth to this. Some ladies see an increase, then some say that their hair doesn't grow at all; very few say that nothing has changed...We'll see if the theory holds true on the 17th when I get my next u/s.
I didn't have any extra hair growth with my boys, nor did I have the horrible acne that I seem to have right now, BUT I was also a lot younger with them too. I wonder if being in my 30's is having any effect on what my body is doing this time. I have to wait until June 10th for my next u/s though... booo.

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
April 9th, 2013, 06:42 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Corinthians10:4 View Post
Mine has sped up too. It wasn't as annoying at first since it was cold, but now that it's starting to get warm it means I have to shave more

Ditto....

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 9th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post

I have not had this problem. My head hair grows pretty fast normally and it's doing it's thing right now. I'm sprouting less greys which is good. My body hair actually has slowed a bit so that's been great! I hope it stays that way because we have a pool and I don't want to have to fuss over parts I can't reach so well every day. I think this means BOY.
I only shaved like once a month with my girls, if that! lol My body hair has slowed down a lot this time, but I'm down to shaving around once a week.
April 9th, 2013, 08:15 AM
*Mrs.ToyaJae*'s Avatar Super Mommy
Mine has slowed. I haven't did my armpits in about 5 weeks. And havent done my legs since about November. Think it kind of slows when I get pregnant. Body hair anyway.

My. Two. FAVORITE. Little. Men.

April 9th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Underarm and leg hair is absolutely out of control lol. My hair grows really, really slow, so I'll normally be lucky to get 2 inches worth of growth in a year. Its like my hair has stopped growing completely, and I'm sad.
April 9th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't notice a difference in my body hair growth with either of my previous pregnancies. I wonder if my body just doesn't respond to it in any way?
April 9th, 2013, 10:01 AM
chachartier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry, I had lots of hair and nail growth when I was pregnant with my son lol. My hair looked AMAZING, so healthy, long, and strong. Now, I am having the same thing, lots of hair, lots of shaving. I also like to keep things clean down there and I got so frustrated at one point not being able to see it that I let DH do it for me lol. I went into labor a few days later, so I was able to take over again a few weeks later haha

Make a pregnancy ticker

April 9th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Yup this is the first time my hair had ever grown this fast with all my babies lol
5 time HG survivor , AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 9mo 10/10/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search