Evening Snacks?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By fancypants27

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get sooo hungry right before bed. I mean hunger pangs, slightly light headed, and a grumpy attitude, kind of hungry. I've always been told that it's not good to eat complex things after the evening, but right now I really want that plate of leftovers in the fridge from dinner! What do you ladies snack on if you get ravenous at night? I've tried things like bananas or carrot sticks, but I'm still HUNGRY- meal time hungry, not bedtime snack hungry!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 9th, 2013, 07:38 PM
OrangeHope's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If your hungry then eat, don't over do it but enough for you to feel like you have something in your belly.

April 9th, 2013, 07:50 PM
angelaod's Avatar Regular
Cereal seems to work for me, it may take 2 bowels sometimes, but it does the trick.
April 9th, 2013, 08:10 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I keep almonds on my night table. Love to snack on cucumber and tomato with balsamic vinegar too.
Allisonjuly and Effervescence like this.

April 10th, 2013, 03:12 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like cereal too, or some fruit!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 10th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually feel better if I have a small snack in the evening. The kids usually have a piece of fruit before bed, so I'll join them. Or I'll have something carby.
April 10th, 2013, 04:45 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At night I tend to grab crackers and cheese or a granola bar.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

April 10th, 2013, 07:06 AM
I bought some dried fruit bars and some nuts at the store, I am going to try those BEFORE I feel starving. It always comes on so suddenly. I'll be fine, then bam, it feels like I haven't eaten all day! But it happens almost every night, so I think it would be safe to assume it will happen if I don't eat a substantial snack. We eat dinner pretty late, sometimes 6:30 or 7:00, then we start putting the kids to bed and that can sometimes take until 9:00 which is when the hunger occurs. But, I often start to feel ill during dinner and so only eat about half of my plate or so, I'm assuming why that happens. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to throw up if I take one more bite of anything or if I continue to sit at the table smelling it!

Click the blinkies!

April 10th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ugh...hunger is getting to be a big problem for me too...I get hungry so often and its so hard to find things that fill me up, but don't make me feel sick to my stomach, and are also appetizing for me! Here's my routine:
Wake up - eat half a banana before getting out of bed. Shower & dress, then eat one egg, leave to work. I pack a bunch of snacks for work. Today I have a little container of plain yoghurt, two cutie mandarins, a few pieces of green mango with salt and red hot chillie pepper powder, some dates, three sausge links & some grapes!! I am eating the sasauge links now as its not lunch time yet ( its 10.15 AM now) and I am starving! I will go down to the cafeteria at abt 11.30 and grab something and much through the rest of my stuff all afternoon. Then after I get home, I get a snack again - ramen noodles/ corn dog or something like that. Dinner at our home is at an insane late hr - 9.00 PM and we get to bed by 10.00. I wake up in the middle of the night and finish that remaining half of my banana LOL. I feel like all I do is eat!

April 10th, 2013, 07:24 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Same here all I do is eat and pee!
I took a nap yesterday and we went to the store and on the way I told Dh if I dont eat I WILL pass out. It was sudden but I had to eat! I've been trying to be near food 24/7 just in case
April 10th, 2013, 07:53 AM
AllieD's Avatar Allison
I get these too sometimes - so I have cereal (usually raisen bran) or some fruit like an orange or some grapes

First Ultrasound:
5wks 5 days - Heartbeat 120

12 wks - Heartbeat 151

18 wks - Heartbeat 174

May 7th - It's a Baby BOY!

26 wks - Heartbeat 142
April 10th, 2013, 08:18 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This week I've been STARVED as well! Its sad when I'm actually super excited for lunch time!! I just can't get enough food lately!! lol

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 10th, 2013, 08:23 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Maybe a protein would fill you better than the other things. How about some peanut butter on celery or on crackers. Add some raisins and you have my son's favorite snack, lol. I make him ants on a log all the time.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 10th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Almonds for me. I'm not hungry for dinner so I usually force myself to eat these and they stay down.
April 10th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Veteran
I grab a granola bar or yogurt, or if I'm super hungry, both. It's usually enough to tide me over until breakfast.
Team Green turned Team Blue, October 25th 2013
April 10th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieshalon2 View Post
Maybe a protein would fill you better than the other things. How about some peanut butter on celery or on crackers. Add some raisins and you have my son's favorite snack, lol. I make him ants on a log all the time.
LOL When I say I've tried carrot sticks, I do mean that I eat them with peanut butter, I just didn't wanto admit it. Peanuts are a food that we limit, but I do try to snack on other nuts, cheese or yogurt depending on how much dairy I've had that day. Apples and cheese taste so good to me right now, but then I'm still hungry after eating it. My midwife thinks I'm not compesating calories enough from my daughter still nursing. Even though she only nurses twice a day- in the morning and afternoon (sometimes she only asks for one of those) sometimes it can last up to a half hour or 45 minutes, so my midwife said she doesn't think I am adding the full 200 calories for that on the days that she does. Today she nursed for nearly an hour this morning, so I've been eating more small snacks. I'm hoping if I eat now, I won't be hungry so suddenly later! I have to tutor tonight and it's right at the time the hunger usually hits so I'm kind of nervous. At least it will be the tail end, and I tutor adults so they will probably understand if I have to break out a snack during the last half hour.

I was using the app MyFitnessPal to track calories before I got pregnant to lose weight, now I'm thinking about getting back on it to track calories to make sure I'm getting enough! It is very much oriented to coming in UNDER the limits for the day, but I could ignore all of that. It does make it somewhat easy to track what I'm eating.

Click the blinkies!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search