Are They SERIOUS??

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree152Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Lurking from September, and just wanted to address something real quick:

As someone who is very opposed to vaccines as they are made right now and on the schedule that is recommended by most pediatricians, it's a lot more complicated than "because AUTISM!" or "because AIDS!" as it may have been in the post you read. I have a laundry list of reasons why I won't be following the standard schedule, including but not limited to a family history of bad reactions, doubts about the efficacy of vaccines, concerns about several of the major ingredients (for reasons that have nothing to do with autism or AIDS) and doubts about the necessity of several vaccines. Most people with reservations about vaccines have done extensive research (no, I'm not suggesting everyone who does not have reservations hasn't done research), the issues and concerns surrounding them are very complicated and most families who make alternative vaccination choices came to that decision after a lot of consideration and thought.

If you feel that vaccines are right for your family, that's wonderful. Having said that, it's rather offensive to suggest that the choice to not vaccinate, or to vaccinate on a delayed or selective schedule, or to have any concerns or issues with vaccines is ridiculous/laughable/trolling in and of itself.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
April 12th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I don't vax at all so I feel you there Keakie but I have a tough skin with my opinion on vaxs now!!!!
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 10mo 10/10/13

April 12th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I finally got around to reading this thread, and for one, I consider myself a pretty granola girl. I don't know if you've seen my threads on Paleo, Home Remedies, etc. I've done yoga, meditation, feel very in tuned with my body and believe its capable of so many great and remarkable things.

I have not given birth before, so I have NO clue how I will feel during L&D but I'll tell you right now I hope its more pleasurable than painful I'll take that anyday! But I can only brace for the worst and hope for the best. The thing I do know is, I try to think logically about the way nature intended us to do this. We've been doing it for years and years before the epidural, before hospitals, before vaccines. Yes we live in a new generation with more people but it's good to resort back to the simple, natural way of life. I think women used to give birth standing up? Anyone hear that?

Anyways, I would never force my granola lifestyle on anyone else, if anything I love hearing others opinions and views that what's so great about this board. We all come from different walks of life. If you plan to educate, do so in a positive way with the open idea that people are here to make their own decisions.

And I just realized my baby is now a Navel Orange! Well that's exciting! lol
April 12th, 2013, 09:46 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think anyone stated that foregoing vaccines was bad, although we can save that debate for another thread. I personally vaccinate my kids but don't care if others do or not AT ALL. I really have no issues or feelings about it. I actually delayed them a bit just because of logistical issues with scheduling for one of mine.

I think what I have an issue with is someone telling me I did something wrong because I felt pain during labor. I feel I am extremely sensitive physically and am way more in tune with my body than I care to be at times, lol. I made it to 6-7 cm on pitocin with my first and for that I am proud!

I don't like self righteousness when it comes to parenting, and I know we can all occasionally be that way, but it really bugs me when someone isn't even a parent yet tries to act try know it all. I've raised two kids by myself and I don't know anything but what I know. Every kid is different. I had a friendship thy I actually ended because she was so arrogant about her natural parenting ways and was constantly makings feel bad for choosing what was best fort baby. Sophia was starving from lack of breast milk and it was giving her colic. I tried everything toile it work but I had to switch to formula with her. Apparently that made me a bad mom. My point is, we all have our ideas about what we prefer and I think we all need to remember that we are all here for support. And I'm sorry if I get ****** when I feel attacked by someone indirectly for my choices. I tend to defend myself and those I care for.

And Summer, after your pregnancy experiences with HG, you deserve an orgasmic birth!!! You're my hero an I don't know how you do it! I'm a whimp!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 12th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Mindy

You are so right all us moms need is support for each other!!!!!!!!!!

April 12th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I personally love vaccinations. The only thing that riles me up is the suggestion that I had anything to do with my child getting Autism. Not only has it been scientifically disproven several times over, but it's incredibly offensive. The CDC would yank vaccinations quicker than we could blink if something was wrong. If my kids had reactions to shots, I definitely wouldn't get them. They normally just get a little bump at the injection site.

I like everyone's honest opinions. I try to read things in different voices in my head because it's hard to judge tone through type. My caps are usually my lazy italics. It's just stressed a little, not yelled. All caps everything is yelling.

I wanted to do a politically incorrect thread, but figured that wasn't a good idea. I am really curious about things people think about. I'm sure any day will have a circumcision thread, but I refuse to start one now! lol This was supposed to be an amusing post.

I am glad at least one of us experienced this, and it's comforting to know it wasn't like the big-o. I would die if I sexual-type orgasmed in front a room of strangers. That may be stifled to some, but I'm going to go with modesty.
April 12th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Seeing as how most women poop themselves during labor, I don't think having an orgasm is icky at all. By the time I was pushing I was completely naked and didn't care at all that there were like 5 people in the room that I didn't know. Right now it would seem really horrifying to orgasm during labor, but probably if it actually happened I would be beyond caring.
April 12th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
I delay vaccinating and went on a delayed schedule after ds was 3 months and became so extremely ill after receiving his first RSV that he was hospitalized and I was frightened of losing him.

I actually look up to strong moms who delay or don't vaccinate at all. Man, I got so much crap from his pediatrician and a lot of other people.

If you don't delay that's fine too, no problem with it, we just decided to because of that experience with ds. I will be delaying with this baby too, and will be needing some support!
April 12th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Lol yeah the pooing was the last thing I thought about lol

It wasn't like the big O for me at all, just felt nice and not painful at all in anyway its what I would call orgasmic

I do get a couple of vaxs for them(polio & tetanus)but not until there over 5yrs

April 12th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkerBeeMama View Post
And Summer, after your pregnancy experiences with HG, you deserve an orgasmic birth!!!
lol That's the truth! Do you think it kicks in after three HG pregnancies? I'm SOL if so. =P
April 12th, 2013, 10:11 AM
It was crazy I never even thought it could be anything but crazy painful lol my first two labours were horrible then this one was like nothing lol

April 12th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Winter is having delayed vaccinations now. Not on purpose. Just missed the appointment and never got another. At this rate her 18 mth will be at 2. Need to take Alice for her chicken pox. Skipped it last time because I knew a child to get it from the shot. I was pregnant and didn't want to deal with that.
April 12th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyctre View Post
I personally love vaccinations. The only thing that riles me up is the suggestion that I had anything to do with my child getting Autism. Not only has it been scientifically disproven several times over, but it's incredibly offensive. The CDC would yank vaccinations quicker than we could blink if something was wrong. If my kids had reactions to shots, I definitely wouldn't get them. They normally just get a little bump at the injection site.
There are more people with concerns or reservations when it comes to vaccines whose reasons do not include "because autism!" than there are people whose reasons do. I'm sorry if other people have implied that vaccinating your child caused him/her to develop autism. That must be hurtful and frustrating.

Having said that, the CDC absolutely does NOT acknowledge the very real issues with vaccines. There are many, many well-documented cases of adverse, sometimes fatal reactions to vaccines (entirely unrelated to autism) and in nearly all of those cases, the hospitals and the CDC have turned a blind eye and given vague, "Well, that could have been caused by ANYTHING!" responses. They've promoted vaccines as being risk-free (nothing is risk-free, by the way) for so long and been so vocally adamant that they aren't the problem that they would have very serious class-action and malpractice lawsuits on their hand if they did circle back at this point (especially from families who HAVE lost their infants as a result of adverse physiological reactions). You're welcome to disagree with me, but these cases exist. They might be a minority, but they exist, and the fact that the CDC and the pharmaceutical companies have not been accountable for these situations is a huge, red flag.

If the CDC and the pharmaceutical companies were honest about the severely adverse reactions and said, "Look, this is really, really rare but it can happen" it would be an entirely different story. As it is, they're denying any knowledge of these reactions and these families and in doing so, denying the rest of the populace the opportunity to make genuinely informed decisions regarding their children's well-being.

Furthermore, there are LOTS of substances that the CDC gives a big, fat OK to that health organizations in several other developed countries have banned or otherwise widely discouraged. The CDC is hardly infallible.

Again, if you feel content with vaccination for your family, that's fantastic - but it's incredibly offensive of you to brush off and insult anyone who makes a different choice by saying, "Well, OF COURSE the CDC would pull a harmful product!" as though every family who chose not to vaccinate or to vaccinate on an alternate schedule simply hadn't thought of that.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
April 12th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmybabies* View Post
It was crazy I never even thought it could be anything but crazy painful lol my first two labours were horrible then this one was like nothing lol
I had pre-e with my first and was induced. Labor sucked, but the pushing wasn't bad. I had an epidural around 9 cm that worked just long enough for the crowning. It was starting to hurt, but luckily that was out before it totally was.

My second the labor wasn't bad. Like cramps, light ones. Pushing sucked. I was told by someone today it was because I was probably already tearing. She said she could tell when she would because pushing would be so painful. Ended up with a second degree tear in my hoohoo. One by my urethra. How does that even happen? No tears with the first.
April 12th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Tears scare me because yeah they can happen at anytime booooo
Spyctre likes this.

April 12th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keakie View Post
There are more people with concerns or reservations when it comes to vaccines whose reasons do not include "because autism!" than there are people whose reasons do. I'm sorry if other people have implied that vaccinating your child caused him/her to develop autism. That must be hurtful and frustrating.

Having said that, the CDC absolutely does NOT acknowledge the very real issues with vaccines. There are many, many well-documented cases of adverse, sometimes fatal reactions to vaccines (entirely unrelated to autism) and in nearly all of those cases, the hospitals and the CDC have turned a blind eye and given vague, "Well, that could have been caused by ANYTHING!" responses. They've promoted vaccines as being risk-free (nothing is risk-free, by the way) for so long and been so vocally adamant that they aren't the problem that they would have very serious class-action and malpractice lawsuits on their hand if they did circle back at this point (especially from families who HAVE lost their infants as a result of adverse physiological reactions). You're welcome to disagree with me, but these cases exist. They might be a minority, but they exist, and the fact that the CDC and the pharmaceutical companies have not been accountable for these situations is a huge, red flag.

If the CDC and the pharmaceutical companies were honest about the severely adverse reactions and said, "Look, this is really, really rare but it can happen" it would be an entirely different story. As it is, they're denying any knowledge of these reactions and these families and in doing so, denying the rest of the populace the opportunity to make genuinely informed decisions regarding their children's well-being.

Furthermore, there are LOTS of substances that the CDC gives a big, fat OK to that health organizations in several other developed countries have banned or otherwise widely discouraged. The CDC is hardly infallible.

Again, if you feel content with vaccination for your family, that's fantastic - but it's incredibly offensive of you to brush off and insult anyone who makes a different choice by saying, "Well, OF COURSE the CDC would pull a harmful product!" as though every family who chose not to vaccinate or to vaccinate on an alternate schedule simply hadn't thought of that.
There is definitely a risk with every injection. Nothing is full proof safe. I meant if it caused diseases or developmental problems. Should have been clearer. I agree there's a risk for side effects, major ones. I think it's rare, but it can happen.

You didn't insinuate it at all. I completely understand wanting to not vax because of side effects. I can't handle a lot of medicines because of allergies. Luckily my booster isn't on the list. I still get those. I can still get the mumps on one side and the measles. Don't want a repeat of that.

Last edited by Spyctre; April 12th, 2013 at 10:32 AM.
April 12th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am trying to steer clear from addressing the heated side of this thread. I am posting because of pure curiosity....I've seen those videos of women having orgasms when giving birth and I think its rare but definitely possible. But what I am wondering is if its not so much pain vs pleasure but actually both...you know how some people( may be even all people? I don't know) - are wired to feel pleasure when the pain is extremely intense?? Sorry I am not trying to offend at all or allude to S&M stuff...this is a scientific fact. Our brains just work in odd ways. So may be the orgasm is infact caused BY the intense pain rather that due to a lack of it? Anybody have any thoughts?

Iluvmybabies* -Summer, I am really really interested to know more about your experience. Since this is so rare, we don't get many opportunities like ths to get some first hand information...I have some questions & would love to hear your responses. Ignore if you feel like they are too personal and you'd rather not answer.

So were the contractions painful at all or was there no pain from the beginning?
When ie. at what point did it actually feel pleasurable to you?
You did say it wasn't exactly the big O, but may be was it like gearing up to O?
Was the sensation very physical or do you think it was more psychological ...like the whole experience was taking you to a state of natural high?

I hope none of this is offensive to anyone, I just find this topic very fascinating and want to find out more!! Thanks.
*Lana*, Effervescence and Spyctre like this.

April 12th, 2013, 10:55 AM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wont "argue" a **** thing but I certainly dont agree with the harshness and judgmental attitude that some people come across with - especially woman that have never given birth.

For years I only went the yoga, raw food and holistic route. Many of my friends have had home births, dont vaccinate, several are doula's, several are yoga instructors, one owns a large yoga studio, which I use to attend prior to moving. Most of my friends are hippies, I'm half hippy and I work in a fully hippy industry. I still try natural remedies prior to over the counter. I always thought I would have a home birth with a midwife. I dont talk about these things because I frankly dont post much about myself. So assuming I dont have an appreciation for these things cant be further from the truth. But reality hit me and knocked me to the ground over a year ago when i started having severe health issues that holistic methods couldn't touch. I had some of my hippy friends tell me when I couldn't breath that it was mind over matter and I could control my health through positive thought. That it was my fault I was sick, that I didn't have enough faith and wasn't trying hard enough to use holistic methods. When you have a serious health issue, if that's truly how one feels, keep your judgmental opinions to yourself. Telling woman they are not sexually in-tune because they have pain during childbirth is out of line. If I had a choice I would way rather have an orgasmic birth experience than intense pain. But to assume someone knows my body, that doesn't even know me, and to tell me what I am and am not, compared to others....really blows me away. Just like telling woman that have big families that they are destroying planet earth. Or insulting woman by telling them its ridiculous not to pass on the family farm to their daughter when you dont know a dang thing about how brutal it can be to do manual labor on a ranch. People are allowed to have different opinions, have different views, big families, different beliefs and feelings on things and not be told they are destroying the planet and ridiculous, or not in touch with their sexual side. Thats not a very excepting attitude. The attacking generally seems pretty one-sided.

I dont have a choice but to have a hospital birth now, for my own safety due to lung and cardiac issues (that again, I didn't have until just over a year ago). My doctor has warned me that my third trimester could be dangerous for me with the increased fluid putting pressure on my lungs and heart, he intending on calling my cardiologist and immunology doctor when I come in for delivery to touch base on my treatment. Despite needing a hospital birth I've still spent the last few weeks talking to mid-wifes and doula's trying to find one that will work with me in a hospital delivery, as I want my birth experience to be as relaxing and comfortable as I can possibly make it. I will try to make it a peaceful environment and keep it calm, hoping the presence of a doula or midwife will help. But if it ends up being painful then that will be my experience. Cant really say till I cross that bridge.
Loni, Effervescence and soul_donut like this.
April 12th, 2013, 11:14 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Okay I have to say now that I am home and sat down to read this thread I am now giggling now thinking like this....

orgasm while giving birth.... pain=pleasure=orgasm....

I am TOTALLY thinking 50 Shades of Gray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah baby! Maybe if that movie comes out close to my due date I WILL have an orgasm during birth!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

April 12th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbears View Post
Okay I have to say now that I am home and sat down to read this thread I am now giggling now thinking like this....

orgasm while giving birth.... pain=pleasure=orgasm....

I am TOTALLY thinking 50 Shades of Gray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah baby! Maybe if that movie comes out close to my due date I WILL have an orgasm during birth!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Oh good lord LOL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search