Are They SERIOUS??

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree152Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2013, 04:38 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The vaccination topic is deeply personal and controversial. When I worked in health care we had a healthy mid-30’s woman in our long-term care unit. She had been a teacher and concert pianist. Her brain was fried from a vaccine she received for working as a teacher (TB). It was an extremely rare reaction. Her brain was so fried I literally saw her eat crap out of a diaper, it was awful. So I do (first hand) know the possible reactions to vaccines. But being married to a scientist we (for our family) are looking at the greater statistics – hundreds of thousands have been killed when nations don’t vaccinate. Less and less vaccinate in this country and we are seeing a rise of illnesses again. I had stopped taking vaccines years ago but re-evaluated for myself this last year with my own health issues – I’m in that population group that could end up in the hospital for things people with a regular immune system can handle. Regular colds send me to the ER, so I can’t afford to get pertussis. Infants also have weaker immune systems, so for our family, we have weighed the pro’s and con’s and will vaccinate, based on the greater stats within the scientific community. I have dear friends that don’t vaccinate and think its bordering on child abuse to vaccinate. I still love them, we’re free to make our own decisions. I do like hearing others peoples sides as to why they came to the conclusions that they have...because ya never know if you don’t hear others out. Nothing wrong with a good debate, its silly to not be able to discuss differing opinions. If you dont really look into both sides of something, how can you make an educated decision? Its a matter of not attacking someone else, or implying they are harming their kids, the world, or not in-tune (i.e. not as good as them), etc. I think every woman on here will be a mama-bear and do what they feel is best for their babies.

Last edited by SierraWinter; April 13th, 2013 at 04:47 PM.
April 13th, 2013, 04:58 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have anything to really add to this thread as I tend to stay away from drama and confrontation lol But I just wanted to add I love this DDC and all the ladies in it!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}

Forever missing my Mom...
April 13th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraWinter View Post
utNothing wrong with a good debate, its silly to not be able to discuss differing opinions. If you dont really look into both sides of something, how can you make an educated decision? Its a matter of not attacking someone else, or implying they are harming their kids, the world, or not in-tune (i.e. not as good as them), etc. I think every woman on here will be a mama-bear and do what they feel is best for their babies.
I agree completely. You never know someone's full reason for making the choices that they did, and that is why I respect everyone's choices even if they are different then mine. Sometimes I even learn new reasons someone might have for making a choice, which might make me rethink my own reasons or view. That is how we grow as parents.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 13th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effervescence View Post
I agree completely. You never know someone's full reason for making the choices that they did, and that is why I respect everyone's choices even if they are different then mine. Sometimes I even learn new reasons someone might have for making a choice, which might make me rethink my own reasons or view. That is how we grow as parents.
Said perfectly!!!!!
5 time HG survivor, AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 01/11/05, Kaiah 7 1/2 07/1/06,
Kayda 6 01/12/08, Katara 2 02/10/12
Korra 10/10/13
April 13th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Loni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety_pie View Post
I don't have anything to really add to this thread as I tend to stay away from drama and confrontation lol But I just wanted to add I love this DDC and all the ladies in it!
Ditto!
April 13th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Leah
I have to give props to the ladies who tried (and mostly succeeded) to keep this thread from going to an ugly, judgmental place. I don't have anything to add to the debate itself because I would only be repeating what others have said.

What I do want to say in regards to the posts here is that we're all grown ups here; there's no need for anyone here to need someone to come in and go on the defensive for them. If one of our DDC members has been hurt or offended by something someone has said, they should be the one to handle it by posting or a PM. Personally I don't see the benefit of hanging around a support board one doesn't feel "safe" posting their honest opinions in. I also think it's rather crap-stirring to state that someone feels that way; we all pretty much have been open with our beliefs and stating something like that may only make people wonder who's saying what about the DDC. It seems rather middle school to be all a-friend-of-mine-told-me, and that seems silly on what's essentially an anonymous internet forum.

Tiffani, I hope you continue to be honest here. I hope everyone does. I know personally sometimes I can be a little hormonally sensitive, so I'd hope anyone hurt would revisit and see if it's as bad as they thought, you know?

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump

Last edited by QL1516; April 13th, 2013 at 07:52 PM.
April 13th, 2013, 08:55 PM
"Shay-see"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasaidh View Post
.People who decry medical science altogether are not looking at the whole picture. People who put 100% faith in medical science are naive. It is the job of the individual to self-advocate and find sources (they're out there!) and make well-considered decisions for themselves.
I just wanted to real-quick go back to this spot in my first post...er... essay and clarify something.

It looks like at least one person took this personally and thought I was pointing fingers - nooo, I was making a generalized statement. I meant only to illustrate that, like many things, this issue isn't black and white, and that an unexamined position sets us up for failure.

That doesn't mean I'm saying anyone here is an extremist on the subject or failing to do their homework. Only YOU know to what degree this statement applies to you, and if it does, it's your job to examine your choices and decide how to proceed. I have a very live-and-let-live attitude about it all, and unless your choices negatively affect others, I really don't care what you do or what you believe, and I don't sit in judgement because I know that no one cares about my scoreboard anyway.

So - sorry if it came across badly. I tend to say pretty much exactly what I mean and not insinuate anything (I don't do "passive"). I understand what I write can sound very forward or even aggressive at times, and I regret that side effect of my style - it's not intended that way. I'm just very frank, if a bit verbose.

Anyway, thanks guys for letting me have a bit of a rant. You're a fun group to talk to, if I may say so.

April 13th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
I think we should give an award to our lovely Spyctre, for posting quite possibly the most viewed thread ever in this DDC, lol! Viewed over 1,150 times!!! (The Sept. DDC may have helped out a bit lol ) Heehee!

(Okay, other than the DD list, but that one doesn't count lol)
April 13th, 2013, 09:39 PM
OrangeHope's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanta.number2 View Post
I think we should give an award to our lovely Spyctre, for posting quite possibly the most viewed thread ever in this DDC, lol! Viewed over 1,150 times!!! (The Sept. DDC may have helped out a bit lol ) Heehee!

(Okay, other than the DD list, but that one doesn't count lol)
LOL!!

April 14th, 2013, 05:27 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im always late to the party...

In regards to the original post - There are women who are able to O without being touched, there are others who have a disorder where they orgasm a hundred times a day, and there are other who get pleasure from pain...so I definitely think it's possible. However IMPOSSIBLE for me (and I believe for most women).
While there is huge feeling of empowement birthing a baby, the only pleasure I get is when its over and my baby is in my arms.

April 14th, 2013, 06:50 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I want to stop in here again and say thank you to the ladies who have shared their feelings and thoughts and not turned it Nast. Just goes to show that this DDC is awesome! And I am so happy to be a part of it.
sweety_pie and Iluvmybabies* like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search