Are They SERIOUS??

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree152Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
So I'm going around Youtube and different websites about natural childbirth today. I'm am definitely NOT an advocate of squeezing a baby out of my hoohoo without pain meds, it just happens that I have an intolerance to medications and have no choice. Here's one I just came across: orgasmic childbirth.

Is this an internet hoax? Seriously! I've had 4 failed epidurals in my time, and neither one of my births felt anything like when those babies were being put into me. lol I WISH that's what labor and childbirth was like. Contractions stimulating that epicenter way back there giving you orgasms, babies head pressing the g-spot. Oh, baby, oh, baby! LOL

Also found a forum post about vaccinations causing AIDS. Those sinister whooping cough preventing doctors giving us AIDS! Biggest conspiracy EVER! LOL If anyone is bored, go lurk around mothering.com a while. Seriously funny stuff going on! I think most of these women are actually trolls seeing how many idiots they can lure across their bridges.
April 11th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
I have actually heard and watched a documentary about orgasmic birth. They say every woman can do it if they "let go of the expectations of labor being painful, and turning pain into mere "sensations". Please. They also say since the same areas, like the g spot. are being stimulated by the baby coming down the birth canal and vagina are the same areas being stimulated by the penis moving in and out of the vagina. Yet again, PLEASE. It sometimes hurts to DTD with DH, how are you going to tell me that passing a BABY is going to pleasurable??? And, I'm sorry, but just a smidge weird.
Spyctre, QL1516 and Rosiegirl7 like this.
April 11th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
lol It is. I don't like the thought of my child's head making anything pleasurable down there.
April 11th, 2013, 04:06 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've watched the video's as well, woman having an orgasm during child birth. Hah! Sounds fabulously creepy but I'm pretty sure these woman dont have normal pain receptors.
April 11th, 2013, 04:30 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok..... without getting to TMI, I am soooooo sensitive after the big O that I can't imagine how I'd be. They'd probably have to peel me off the ceiling!
Spyctre, Wanta.number2 and MrsPea like this.

April 11th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermother View Post
Ok..... without getting to TMI, I am soooooo sensitive after the big O that I can't imagine how I'd be. They'd probably have to peel me off the ceiling!
LOL!!!!!! haha! I am the same way. It seriously looks like these women are having an orgasm with every other contraction.
April 11th, 2013, 04:50 PM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
That is just plain weird.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 11th, 2013, 04:53 PM
YoginiMomma's Avatar Veteran
yet another reason I'm considering switching over to the mothering boards.... I'm way more granola than you guys and I think you think half the stuff I say is nuts.... I don't really care.. but honestly there is a lot of truth to everything that you think is conspiracy or a hoax.

I've worked in healthcare/holistic wellness for the last 6 years and researched, as well as worked alongside doctors (western and eastern) and there is an undeniable correlation between vaccinations and all sorts of physical ailments including AIDS, lyme disease and autism.

In addition.... WHY on earth would creator make childbirth MISERABLE? Why is it that so many women have issues around sex and even accepting that they are sexual creatures and reaching orgasm in the first place? I haven't given birth YET, but I have watched the orgasmic birth documentary and I think it IS possible. Think about it, whenever you're in pain, or discomfort- take for example being REALLY REALLY cold, does it feel better to tense up and try to make it go away to no avail, or to just relax into it ? Not to mention that our brains have cannabinoid receptors that we are born with and they become active and our bodies release natural pain relief during natural childbirth, and natural childbirth only. You're not going to feel as much (if any) of the chemicals that you're supposed to feel during labor if you're in a hospital doped up..... especially oxytocin.. the bonding hormone.

but don't get me started... i'm a homebirth/doula/aspiring midwife so everything I say is RIGHT as I Know it

*"It is through the body we realize we are a spark of divinity"* ~ Iyengar

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 11th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoginiMomma View Post
In addition.... WHY on earth would creator make childbirth MISERABLE? Why is it that so many women have issues around sex and even accepting that they are sexual creatures and reaching orgasm in the first place? I haven't given birth YET, but I have watched the orgasmic birth documentary and I think it IS possible. Think about it, whenever you're in pain, or discomfort- take for example being REALLY REALLY cold, does it feel better to tense up and try to make it go away to no avail, or to just relax into it ? Not to mention that our brains have cannabinoid receptors that we are born with and they become active and our bodies release natural pain relief during natural childbirth, and natural childbirth only. You're not going to feel as much (if any) of the chemicals that you're supposed to feel during labor if you're in a hospital doped up..... especially oxytocin.. the bonding hormone.
Obviously some women find childbirth pleasurable. Some don't find it orgasmic but don't find it horrendously painful. Some women find it horribly painful (ME !!). The problem I have is with the attitude that if you are not finding childbirth some beautiful, pleasurable experience than obviously it is your fault because you are too fearful or not tuned in enough to nature. It is a great goal to have and I think people who do natural childbirth are amazing, but when people take it to the point of being dismissive of other women's pain, I have a problem.
Seasaidh likes this.
April 11th, 2013, 05:08 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, having friends with AIDS, yes full blown AIDS and HIV, I find this very offensive and misinformed.

Also, having been thru labor twice, I can assure you that it is definitely not normal to have an orgasmic birth - not saying it is impossible, but seriously not the norm. And I have no problem having an orgasm and am not sexually stifled in anyway.

And I welcome the watching of anyone's FULL birth video on here that claims they had one.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 11th, 2013, 05:13 PM
I have friends and relatives with aids, hiv and autism so I really don't think I'm not in a place to talk about possible causes besides what mainstream medical doctors tell you.

I'm not dismissing anyone's pain, I'm just saying that it's POSSIBLE and yes to answer Spectyre's original question- they are serious....

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 11th, 2013, 05:17 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren View Post
. It is a great goal to have and I think people who do natural childbirth are amazing, but when people take it to the point of being dismissive of other women's pain, I have a problem.
Ditto, what she said . I never said anything about a conspiracy. What I have a problem with are when granola lovers (I love granola as well and have an appreciation for holistic medicine and feel it has a place) at times have a holier than thou attitude and imply that woman who experience pain, either aren't as "in tune" as they are, or aren't doing it right - its frankly insulting. I have friends that have done the entire home-birth, lotus-birth, felt a great deal of beauty in birth (birth is beautiful), did the belly dancing (and shared the orgasmic delivery video with me) and still experienced pain. Its for some woman, but not for all.

When I worked in healthcare I helped with several deliveries, these woman were in serious pain. And as painful and I've seen woman experience childbirth had NOTHING to do with them not excepting that woman are sexual creatures or having issues with sex. Talk about insulting others....
Seasaidh likes this.

Last edited by SierraWinter; April 11th, 2013 at 05:21 PM.
April 11th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Leah
I would be interested in any research that shows a correlation between vaccines and AIDs. Sincerely, not mocking or badgering in any way. I've been through training several times, though it was several years ago, and not even a hint of anything like that was mentioned. Also, what measures would they recommend to the people with compromised immune systems to prevent catching something they could be vaccinated for?

I definitely can get with granola and holistic, but I'm also a science girl.
Seasaidh likes this.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
April 11th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it is possible - the human body is very varied and mysterious. I do have a friend who is a midwife and interned with a midwife in a village in Mali where it was 100% natural childbirth with no medicine or interventions other than rusty scissors to cut the cord with. I don't recall her mentioning any orgasmic births though - so I am just saying I still think it would be very rare for women to find childbirth orgasmically pleasurable even if everyone did it 100% natural. I am fairly crunchy and aiming to be more natural is great - but sometimes the pressure to find giving birth wonderful and extended breastfeeding and cloth diapering can be just more pressure on mothers to be perfect all the time. I think it is great there are lots of options and communities out there and definitely find the one that is right for you.
April 11th, 2013, 05:44 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it's good to keep in mind that we are all on different journey's throughout this time in our lives. We all come to different conclusions about certain aspects of parenting/childbirth... either through research or experience. We are all still learning and processing what we go through everyday. No one here is *right*.

I will say JM has been *awesome* for me to round out my parenting/childbirth. I have learned so much from other women's experiences and I hope I've helped other women.

I don't think any of us are judging you for your choices, YoginiMomma. While we don't plan to do things you do, but I hope I can speak for most of us that we respect you for your choices. Obviously, if you feel you aren't getting what you want to from JM you are completely free to find somewhere that does. But don't think that we don't have anything to learn from each other if you are willing. We are all here to support each other on most of our choices and ideas but it does have to be a mutual.
sweety_pie, Loni, *Lana* and 1 others like this.

April 11th, 2013, 05:56 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have seen the documentary on orgasmic birth. I think anything is possible. For home births and births in a free standing birthing center, you will have a different mindset. You don't have the medications and epidurals on the other side of the door. I think there is a bit of a mental preparedness that one has. You begin the process by finding alternatives to get through it.
I have to have an epidural, and even though I was 6cm when I went to L&D with DD, I still have no idea what labor feels like. I did not feel any contractions even though I was in active labor. I always wondered how far I could have gotten before I couldn't take it anymore. It may sound strange, but I am really hoping I can feel something this time.

April 11th, 2013, 06:14 PM
for the last time-- I AM NOT dismissing anyone's pain in childbirth, and if you feel that people who suggest labor can be pleasurable are saying that women who are in pain are doing it wrong- I assure you that is 100% YOU projecting that thought onto yourself. They are simply offering a possibility, and then giving reasons for why it is a possibility.

OBVIOUSLY if a woman can have an orgasmic birth, she is VERY tuned in, which means to some degree, you are not as tuned in as she is, if your goal is having an orgasmic birth and you don't have one. It doesn't mean that if you don't have that as a goal and you're in pain you're doing it wrong. <--- anyone want to argue that??

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 11th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Julie
I believe some small percentage of women can have orgasmic childbirth. The whole vaccine thing is more complicated so I can't beleive that without more proof. I don't think anyone here has been disrespectful of others' opinions and beliefs. True, we don't all agree on certain things, but I don't see anything wrong with that.

April 11th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Julie
I never saw the documentary, but were the women trying to transform the pain into pleasurable feelings, or did some of them just out of the blue realize during one labor that they were having orgasms instead of pain? If it was both, then it seems like it could be a mind over matter thing but also in some cases a physical anomaly. Just interesting to think about. I would not want to try to make that happen, not judging anyone who has though.

April 11th, 2013, 06:28 PM

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search