A good sign!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By Effervescence
  • 1 Post By Mountain Momma
  • 1 Post By Iluvmybabies*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to take this as a good sign that I'm almost out of the first tri!!! I am twelve weeks today. Right now sitting here, I realized that I am neither felling sick as a dog, or super starving hungry. And it's 9:00, usually the time I fell one of the two! I had a good sized lunch, then a snack before exercising, then some cheese and fruit after exercising, then a good sized dinner, I don't even feel like the snack I had prepared for this time! That might change in ten minutes or so, but lately I've been alternating between holding back the puke gates and wanting to eat everything I can get my hands on... it's nice to just be normal

Anyone else starting to feel better?

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 13th, 2013, 07:32 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes! I'm at 12 weeks too, and realized that this past week I didn't take one nap or order in once! I even cooked and started a home project. Really crossing my fingers I'm over the MS phase.

April 13th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Loni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started feeling better about a week to 10 days ago. It's awesome to finally be able to get a few things done around the house. I know DH is thankful for his clean clothes!
April 14th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Things are still coming and going, but I'm definitely on the upswing!
April 14th, 2013, 05:56 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Started feeling better a few days ago. Insomnia has also subsided, although im up several times in the night to pee.

April 14th, 2013, 09:29 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm starting to feel better but it's probably due to the zofran. I got sick as a dog yesterday and could barely move without feeling violently ill because I left my medication at home and I unexpectedly ended up spending the night at my cousin's house.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 14th, 2013, 10:03 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I noticed I no longer needed naps the past 2 weeks or so!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 14th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Veteran
Gotta love the 2nd trimester, now if it could just start sooner and last longer!
Effervescence likes this.

April 14th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I'm coming out of the HG fog, I can actually eat now!
Effervescence likes this.
Karrara 10 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 1/2 07/1/06, Kayda 7 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

April 14th, 2013, 06:35 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a lot more energy than I had before!!

April 14th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Please please please may next week bring 'feeling better.'

Glad to hear you're feeling better

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013
April 14th, 2013, 07:44 PM
"Shay-see"
I'm one of those that most women want to strangle - I got *very* mild and downright tolerable 1st tri symptoms in both pregnancies. To call anything I suffered "morning sickness" would do a terrible disservice to those of you who actually had it.

It wasn't all sunshine, mind you, but I can hardly complain after reading what most people go through. I paid for it in the end with my last one, though, with a 46 hour labor that ended in c-section and postpartum depression that hit me like a mack truck.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that the overall trend is positive and you all are starting to feel human again. Welcome back.

April 14th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermansWife4 View Post
I'm starting to feel better but it's probably due to the zofran. I got sick as a dog yesterday and could barely move without feeling violently ill because I left my medication at home and I unexpectedly ended up spending the night at my cousin's house.

I have to be on my zofran and other meds the whole pregnancy I don't dare get off them

I hope it eases for you soon and you can ditch the Zofran
Karrara 10 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 1/2 07/1/06, Kayda 7 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

April 14th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasaidh View Post
I'm one of those that most women want to strangle - I got *very* mild and downright tolerable 1st tri symptoms in both pregnancies. To call anything I suffered "morning sickness" would do a terrible disservice to those of you who actually had it.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that the overall trend is positive and you all are starting to feel human again. Welcome back.
I didn't have much sickness with my other pregnancies. With my son, I would throw up but only in specific situations- if I smelled one of my triggers. Heartburn was the absolute worst pregnancy ailment for me, so I was surprised to be so sick all the time with this one. It wasn't anything like HG like other women here have experienced, but I wasn't prepared for anything like this.

I went running today and it's the first time I didn't have to duck behind a tree off the trail to throw up I really have a lot of respect for the mamas here with HG having to go through it to even more of an extreme! I'm glad to hear that the zofran is helping with that.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 14th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Veteran
i'm 12 weeks as of this weekend and i have to agree i'm feeling better. i had the energy today to get some much needed housework done and i even made dinner tonight. mornings are still a little hard, no morning sickness or anything like that, i just seem to need an extra 30 min of sleep to get me through the day. i guess i should go to bed a little earlier lol.

#3 edd 08/06/2015
April 15th, 2013, 08:56 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Yeah for feeling good!

I go from feeling yucky to having a good day here or there, but then it goes back to yuck. I don't feel as tired all the time though.

April 15th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So glad you are feeling better. I am feeling much much better. I definitely feel like the M/S is gone!! Yay! Although, I have to be stressfree, eat well (not go hungry for even a minute), rest enough and stay hydrated because any of these would trigger the nausea and a bad migraine to boot But overall much much better than how I felt a couple weeks back.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search