Pack n Play

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 06:45 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I saw one on a website that I think I really like. It has a mini changing table and a mini bassinet on the top and then you can remove them when the baby gets older. I never saw anything like these when I was pregnant with my other kiddos. Has anyone had one like this and did you like it? I am just wondering if it is worth the extra like $30 or $40 over the other ones.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 15th, 2013, 06:52 AM
mamarazzi40's Avatar Veteran
I have this one: http://www.tjskids.com/images/graco/10039477.jpg

We got it in 2010 when my daughter was born. She slept in it for the first couple months in our bedroom. That top part was PERFECT! My son who is 13 just had the standard lower part.

I also comfortably used the top part to change her, so just my opinion I think the additional changing table part isn't necessary, but I love the bassinet-ish top!
April 15th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had one kinda like this:

Graco Pack 'n Play Travel Play Yard - Dempsey - Graco - Babies "R" Us

We bought it 6 years ago when I was pregnant with DS, so the model has changed a little bit. But we used it for both DS and DD and we LOVED it. For the first 2-3 months, baby slept in our bedroom, and we just used the pack n play. That way we had a basinette (so I didn't have to reach down really far to get the baby) and a changing table (for those 1am, 3am, and 5am diaper changes). I thought having the 3-in-1 feature was great so that we could just have one piece of baby furniture in our room and have all the functionality we needed for those first couple of months.

August 2012 December 2012
April 15th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The one we have has the top bassinet part they you can convert into a regular pack-n-play. She didn't end up sleeping in the bassinet that much because she was really colicky and wouldn't sleep flat, but I still would recommend that unless you have other sleeping arrangements already. I got a mini pack-n-play, which means that I could move it through doorways from room to room without folding it up. That was great, but the downside was that she outgrew it much quicker so I didn't have something to take on trips with us when she was ~18 months - 24 months.
April 15th, 2013, 07:23 AM
"Shay-see"
Oooh, I'm glad you posted this. I was eyeing these at BRU a while back (I got a wild hair and decided to go look at baby stuff at like 10 weeks lol).

I like the idea of having a highly portable sleeping place for the first couple months. The whole thing looks super useful, but I like to do review checks before I commit.

How long does it take to fold everything up and move it?
April 15th, 2013, 07:29 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We got this one for Alexis almost 4 years ago and we'll use it again this time. It's a Graco Travel Lite. I don't know if they sell this exact one, but it's been perfect for the size and bassinet top.

I've heard a lot of people that have the changing table part and love it. I've also hear the "napper" part was amazing too! Alexis didn't really care too much for sleeping in this.. well, she didn't care much for sleeping at all. 3 years later that hasn't changed.

April 15th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine is 7 years old, from DS, we used it with DD. It has the upper bassinet feature, which is what we used for naps and nighttime when both kids were little. I usually changed on my bed.
The extra newborn napper is interesting!
April 15th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasaidh View Post

How long does it take to fold everything up and move it?
They are really easy to fold up and move. It takes maybe a minute or so to fold it and another minute to unfold it. We've brought our pack n play to grandmas, on vacation, etc. We've also just moved it from room to room, and used it with our niece when she has been over at our house around naptime. Grandma actually has 2 of them at her house, and when the two girls (who are 1 and 2 years old) sleep over, they each sleep in a pack n play. We've wasted a LOT of money on baby gear, but the pack n play has definitely been one of our most used items.
Seasaidh likes this.

August 2012 December 2012
April 15th, 2013, 07:58 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Thanks for all of your opinions guys, this really helps sooo much. So much has changed in the 5.5 years since I had a baby that I almost feel like a first time mom again, lol.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 15th, 2013, 08:07 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
The only think I don't like about them is the bassinet part seems to sag or lean towards one way or the other.

April 15th, 2013, 08:17 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will that is the bad part about our pack n play, is the bassinet part is a pain in the butt to store. But otherwise I love it.

April 15th, 2013, 08:23 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was also wondering if I should get one like this, or just do a bassinet. I'm thinking having the pack and play will come in handy longer then just a bassinet would. Never used a pack and play with my other 2 though so this is new to me.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 15th, 2013, 08:24 AM
CountryMedic911's Avatar Kerana mama to be in 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieshalon2 View Post
I saw one on a website that I think I really like. It has a mini changing table and a mini bassinet on the top and then you can remove them when the baby gets older. I never saw anything like these when I was pregnant with my other kiddos. Has anyone had one like this and did you like it? I am just wondering if it is worth the extra like $30 or $40 over the other ones.
I was wondering the same thing! After baby gets here we will be bouncing between GA and NC so this will be used a lot

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the awesome siggy!
April 15th, 2013, 08:34 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am seriously considering this one....Hopefully the link works.

https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...ed=0CGgQ8wIwAA

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 15th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety_pie View Post
I was also wondering if I should get one like this, or just do a bassinet. I'm thinking having the pack and play will come in handy longer then just a bassinet would. Never used a pack and play with my other 2 though so this is new to me.
I would go with the pack n play. You will get so much more use out of than just a bassinet. Ours has been everywhere with us, camping, lookout towers, naps in the yard - it has been a life saver!

April 15th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Jackie1122's Avatar Veteran
I had a pack and play like the one you are looking at and loved it! I used it for at least the first 6 months while baby was still waking up to nurse at night. Ours had a bassinet and changing table, and a little canopy that went over the bassinet to help block some light. The bassinet part had a vibrate feature that we used constantly, and it also played music. It came with the pack and play and just snapped onto the side if I remember correctly. We used the pack and play for our son to sleep in when we went on trips up until he was about 3, so we definitely got our moneys worth out of it. I still have it in storage and will be using it again with this baby.
April 15th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermother View Post
We got this one for Alexis almost 4 years ago and we'll use it again this time. It's a Graco Travel Lite. I don't know if they sell this exact one, but it's been perfect for the size and bassinet top.

That is what we have too.

As far as the time to fold it up, move and set it up again, it probably takes 5 minutes tops. However, it is nice to be able to roll the bassinet with a sleeping baby in it through the door. Like all baby equipment you never really know until the baby arrives what is going to be a great feature and what is something you'll never use.
April 15th, 2013, 02:51 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had one with the bassinet insert and it had a changing table that you could squeeze a handle and release it so it flipped down out of the way. I loved it. Mine was recalled, just the bassinet portion, so I am going to get an Arms Reach Cosleeper instead. I will miss the changing table part as I used it the majority of time for the first 4-5 months (it was in my room).

April 15th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Super Mommy
We bought ours when we had our oldest 10 years ago. It has the changing table that you can remove, plus the bottom cushion part can be a basinet that only covers 3/4 of the top. I like that because when they are little they can nap up top without the fear of falling out, but with it only part of the way across, you can still store packs of diapers or sheets or whatever and still get to it down below.
April 15th, 2013, 05:49 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
We have one that we got with baby #3 and love it! The bassinet part was fab for naps and diaper changes. Aside from the fact that it's wonderful for when you're travelling. We'll def be using it again with this baby.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search