Finally Board Theme Poll

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Which would you like for our board theme?
Pumpkin Patch 22 38.60%
Fall Wonderland 9 15.79%
Pirates and Pixies 26 45.61%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2013, 02:33 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oooh it's neck to neck!

April 22nd, 2013, 08:40 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
hmmmm.... we are at a tie! LOL

April 22nd, 2013, 02:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Come on! I wanna make baby walk the plank.

April 22nd, 2013, 04:34 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsie View Post
Come on! I wanna make baby walk the plank.
yessss

April 22nd, 2013, 05:31 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Man this is a nail biter!!

April 22nd, 2013, 05:40 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love the pics! I definitely want that onesie! Where did you find it?

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 22nd, 2013, 05:46 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Comeeeeee onnnnn pixie dust and eye patches!

April 22nd, 2013, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermansWife4 View Post
Love the pics! I definitely want that onesie! Where did you find it?
I googled something like CUTE BABY PIRATE
April 22nd, 2013, 07:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You could probably search etsy as well.

April 22nd, 2013, 09:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think, because it's pretty much half and half, we should combine the two themes. Pirates and Pixies with an emphasis on pumpkins.
anothermother and soul_donut like this.

April 22nd, 2013, 09:34 PM
I'm really hoping not for the pixie dust or pirates, to be honest.. I don't want a pirate.. infact as stupid as it sounds I might cry if that is what I have to refer to my baby as.. or I might get over it... but so far I have a sugarbaby and a cutiepie and I think a pumpkin would be a great match to those...

April 23rd, 2013, 05:31 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's just a theme.....

I agree with Kelsie. And really, what is a theme anyway? It's just cute theme names for some boards and some blinkies if you want them. So really, we probably could just mix and the 2 and people could choose which way they want to go. I'm not a huge theme person anyway, but I did like the more original choice.

Either way, we should probably put a polling end time so those that haven't yet voted could do so then we can call it good. Yes?
Spyctre likes this.

April 23rd, 2013, 07:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That statement could go both ways. I could seriously cry if I have to have another lame sauce theme like the pumpkins, or the dragonflies, or the sweet peas. Talk about over done and boring. But I'm not going to cry because it is just a theme and if I want my kid to be a pirate, I'll call him/her a pirate. I just thought combining them would appease the majority of us since its spilt half and half.

April 23rd, 2013, 07:28 AM
Lol, I know - I think that if you gave out a survey with gendered items on it to the pumpkins vs pirates/pixies crowd, the pumpkins would vote similarly and the pirates/pixies would vote similarly.

My mom was telling me that when I was little, she dressed me in a dress one easter, and let me pick the hat and shoes. I picked Chucks and a baseball hat. Another time when my aunt was watching me while my mom had gallbladder surgery, she dressed me in a dress and had my hairs in bows and braids, and I looked unhappy. She took out all my bows and messed my hair all up and I was happy again. I'm still the same way - I think I have an inner pirate I have a bunch of pirate dress up gear in a box ready for niece visits/baby arrival already!

We could just pick the "loser", fall wonderland, and be done with it? I wouldn't care if pumpkins won, but I would think it was very generic.

Seasaidh likes this.
April 23rd, 2013, 09:04 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I searched and found adorable ones on Etsy. I just couldn't figure out what to google lol

I like the combo idea. I don't think others have done a combo theme and I like to be unique. To me, pumpkin themes for October is very cliche` and over used. I can understand if it wins, but definitely like the combo idea better than being just another October DDC with a pumpkin theme.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 23rd, 2013, 05:12 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I too feel that the pumpkin thing is generic and maybe even a little too cliche. Then again, I never like to go with the norm, so...

My fingers are crossed for the pirates! Arrrrrrrrrr!

But I shall not shed a tear if we don't win!
April 23rd, 2013, 05:55 PM
Ok I feel I might need to clarify what I said.. I don't necessarily like generic, but at the same time I VERY much identify my children with the groups I participated in during their pregnancy and so still even though my son is four I call him a sugar baby and he loves it, my daughter is two and I call her my cutie pie and she doesnt' get it, but I identify with them... and while yes pumpkins are overdone and I think I actually suggested at least something similar to the pumpkin patch thing I don't like pirates or fairies or pixies or whatever much at all... and I think the only reason I didn't go with fall wonderland is because I like someone else don't really get what that means...and how to identify my baby with that...
Is the child a fall wonderland? is the environment the baby is born in a fall wonderland? do you follow what I mean? where as my grandfather called me a pumpkin and it was endearing and memorable...
I have a friend who pretended to be a pirate and said 'argh' and it was hilarious, but now when I think of priates I think of a curly frizzy haird slightly overweight teen age boy.... (even though he isn't a teen anymore)... word association is pretty big to me. and Tinker bell is spoiled and/or mean (depending on what show you watch)...lol...
I'll obviously get over it if a name is chosen that isn't my favorite, but I love thinking of my october baby as a little pumpkin when I already have a Thanksgiving pie, and a stocking stuffing treat in my collection of kids.
My crying or not crying shouldln't effect how you guys feel though, that wasn't my intent, but rather just to say how I felt about it.

April 24th, 2013, 07:36 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I vote....let's get rid of our current vote and start over! haha

Here are my suggestions:

Muppet Babies
Dink the Dinosaur
Pound Puppies
Smurfs

Okay go!
slmehaffey likes this.
April 24th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I like the combo idea as well. Pumpkin Patch is cute to me because I watch the Charlie Brown Great Pumkin every year. And I also like cabbage patch dolls. Our birth stories could start with a Pumkin Patch birth certificate.

But I love pixies and pirates because I love movies. When I think pirate, I think about the Disney movies. Same for pixies. Love love the Tinkerbell movies!

But anyway, I am mainly interested in the blinkies. I like the cute subforum names, but I am all for the blinkies.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven.

http://arwenart.com
April 24th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyrae03 View Post
I vote....let's get rid of our current vote and start over! haha

Here are my suggestions:

Muppet Babies
Dink the Dinosaur
Pound Puppies
Smurfs

Okay go!
dont know why it made me think of it but did you know frazzel rock is supposed to be coming back?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search