BTDT moms of kids around 5

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Daisee37
  • 1 Post By Spyctre

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
My 5 yr old totally has BO! Is that normal? Do I need to buy some baby deodorant? She smells like a grown up!
April 15th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha, I have no idea if it's normal or not. My 5 yo son gets really stinky, but it's usually after running around and sweating a lot. And let me tell you, that boy can SWEAT. After 30 min of basketball, ice skating, whatever, he is just drenched. If he doesn't get a bath that night, he turns into one stinky kid. But if he hasn't been sweating, I don't really notice an odor.
Spyctre likes this.

August 2012 December 2012
April 15th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
She is pretty sweaty lately. Louisiana is almost the land of perpetual summer. lol
April 15th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
My 5 year old has some seriously smelly feet!
April 15th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Super Mommy
I have a 6 year old and a 10 year old and neither have body odor like that yet, but are smelly in other ways.. LOL
April 15th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My kids got BO really young too, which was really weird to me because I don't remember getting it until I was close to being a teen. Both were wearing deodorant by the time they were 8.
April 15th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My nearly five year old gets stinky when it's hot or if he's been running around a lot (which is.. um.. all the time! he can't sit still, literally.) but it is different than adult or teen BO. I remember my little brother getting the same smell about him when he was outside playing and running around. We all said that he smelled like a puppy. Which is how my five year old smells, I hate to say it, but the smell reminds me of a stinky puppy LOL! We usually just bathe him and it takes care of the problem for at least 24 hours.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 16th, 2013, 05:29 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I have a 5 year old, but he doesn't have BO yet. My 9 year old has the stinkiest feet I have ever smelled though. Seriously they smell like something died in his sneakers, lol.
If your 5 year old doesn't have "funny" skin like mine does then maybe you could try a stronger soap, like Dial or something that is supposed to last longer, OR Irish Springs has an 8 hour body wash that I buy my dh, it smells AWESOME and the scent really does last a long time too.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 16th, 2013, 05:45 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD is going to be 7 in June and like some of the other kiddos moms posted about, if she's running around or really really active, she'll be stinky. We use Irish Spring and that takes care of that until the next day, usually.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 16th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OK I somehow came across this topic on a diff forum on JM sometime back while I was lurking. Here's a gist of what I read. If the BO is very adult like and also occurs soon after a bath or shower (say an hr later without any major physical activity) you need to get it checked out. Most pediatricians will brush it off BUT if the problem persists, it's upto us to press harder, because sometimes this could be a symptom of endocrine issues, precocious puberty etc. But since its such a subjective symptom, its up to us to watch and see how abnormal it is. Also want to mention that this is just the worst case scenario and in most cases it turns out to be nothing. And even if endocrine issues are discovered they are usually quite easy to treat. But diagnosis is the difficult part.

April 16th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Thanks, Anitha! That's informative. I gave her a bath yesterday afternoon, paid a lot of attention to her armpits. The smell wasn't there this morning. For now I will chalk it up to the hot weather.

She better not go through puberty at 5! I know it can happen, though. Youngest mother in the world was 5.
Anitha likes this.
April 17th, 2013, 11:38 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
If its something that keeps going on I would get it checked out.

Even my older kids, 14, 12, and 11 I don't notice much with smell even after all their practice. I notice stinky feet and that sweaty smell, but not a BO smell really.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search