Does anyone's bump hurt?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dolly Lama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Mine is not comfortable when it's unsupported. I really want to wear some cute dresses, but unless this thing is snugged up in some pants or something it kills my middle/ribs. I tried one of those belts before, and it made it worse. What do y'all do?
April 15th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am getting really bad round ligament pains this time around, much earlier than with my others. I was told it is normal. It hurts the worst when I laugh, get up too quickly, lift one of my kids to reach something (monkey bars or a bathroom sink) without thinking first, and also when I'm exercising. I have ordered one of those belts and I hope it helps. Someone mentioned seeing a chiropractor, which I might do. My midwife that delivered my daughter suggested the book "Relieving Pelvic Pain During and After Pregnancy" by Cecile Rost, a Austrian physiotherapist. It sounds promising, but I don't know if I want to read an entire book about it. LOL!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 15th, 2013, 11:23 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I like to be supported too!
The bands kind of help me, just the stretchy kind, but I'm just waiting for the day that I need one of the actual support bands.
I definitely have to sleep with something supporting my belly or I wake up in pain in my groin area
April 15th, 2013, 11:32 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I needed a support belt toward the end last time. I would someone wear belly bands under dresses for a little support.

April 16th, 2013, 02:44 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I get those pains if I get up too quickly, sneeze, or something similar. So far though I don't need support.. I didn't even realize one might at some point! Arrggg.
April 16th, 2013, 03:58 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I haven't needed support so far. Like many of the other ladies I feel a sharp pain when I get up too fast or sneeze.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 16th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieshalon2 View Post
I haven't needed support so far. Like many of the other ladies I feel a sharp pain when I get up too fast or sneeze.
Same.
April 16th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine is really tender in the bottom right side. I have no idea if is ligament pain or something else. I never wore a support belt in my first pregnancy, but it would definitely pull and hurt if I walked too fast or for too long in the second half of the pregnancy.
April 16th, 2013, 06:18 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm experiencing the sharp pains too when i move too fast or sneeze lol I find it really uncomfortable bending down too!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 16th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am getting there...I have pelvic pain which is unrelated to belly size/weight. But as my belly gets bigger I get a tugging pulling pain near my ribs Also the muscle tone around there is bad right now...I get a catchy...sort of a mini charlie horse type pain when I make certain sudden movements. I didn;t use a support belt last time although I probably could have benefited from one. Anyone has any support belt recomendations? ones that aren't too bulky and wont show through fitted clothes?

April 16th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is the one that I ordered
http://www.amazon.com/Gabrialla-Elas.../dp/B000ZKE4AM
It was recommended to me by a very active friend who is a couple months ahead of me. I never needed a support belt either, but I am more active this time, and it is during my highly active periods that I feel the most persistent pain, and in the hours after being active, so I think it will help. I don't know if it shows through clothes or not, but I liked that I could put a hot or cold compress in the back.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 16th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
That's where mine hurts, Anitha. It feels like it's hanging off of my ribs. Round ligament pain isn't bad at all. I'm normally more baby than anything, and I get big so fast. I tried a belt from Motherhood, and it caused pain around my pelvis. The more I wore it, the more it hurt. I've been walking around with both my hands under my belly.
April 16th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How about maternity spanx? I LOVE to wear these under dresses!!! http://www.amazon.com/Pea-Pod-Spanx-...aternity+spanx
You could probably find cheaper things by searching "maternity shapewear"
Effervescence likes this.
April 16th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know exactly what you mean. When I wear a dress I catch myself trying to pull my stomahc in with my abs because it hurts to let it hang by itself. With pants, its a lot different theres more support. I think when I wear a dress I'll wear my belly band underneath.
April 16th, 2013, 05:50 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Yes! The round ligament stretching is what's bothering me the most. I use this one and love it! It works perfectly over jeans that I can't button anymore, too!

http://www.motherhood.com/Product.as...tegory_Id=MC32
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search