Boston Moms

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think we have at least one or a couple of moms near Boston? Is everyone okay?

As a marathon runner, I'm shaken up over this. As a mother, I'm horrified. I know there are also other runner moms on here as well, just checking to see if everyone was alright or if anyone was involved, had friends or family there if there is anything we can do? Luckily all of my friends who had qualified have checked in, only two of them ran and neither were near the site when it happened.

Not wanting to start a controversial debate over reasons for this tragedy, I am not even ready to talk about causes or speculations or any of that right now, I'm just making sure everyone here is okay mentally and physically!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 16th, 2013, 02:31 AM
"Shay-see"
I live in CA, but I moved here from Boston in '11. Today has been one long day of waiting for friends and family to report they're safe and accounted for.

My husband's friend is a nurse in the local ER in Boston and reports that things are worse than the news is letting on.

I hope none of our DDC has lost or had anyone get hurt. The photos from the scene - I can't even imagine. In one moment, you're cheering on an elite marathon on a nice day downtown. In the next, you're in the middle of a war zone. It's unreal and completely devastating.

April 16th, 2013, 05:12 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Praying for those impacted by the Boston bombing. I hope all our moms here and their families are okay. Someone actually posted pictures to my news feed on facebook. I was so sickened and furious. As a mother, it kills me. Maybe I'm over sensitive because I'm pregnant but I don't understand how anyone can post pictures or like pictures of brains and blood of innocent people on the ground. That person, adult or not, was and is someone's child.

May God bless everyone who's been affected by this horrible tragedy

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 16th, 2013, 05:30 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So so sad!!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 16th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I grew up in the Boston area, but am in VT now. I know so many people who were either running or watching. Thankfully they are all okay. We used to go down and watch, but we don't have the day off in VT like we did in Maine.
April 16th, 2013, 06:29 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only knew one person running and that was the dad of one of the kids in our homeschool co-op. Thankfully he finished at the 3 hour mark so he was back in his hotel by the time the bombing occured. As a wannabe runner myself (I plan to train for the 2014 Honolulu marathon as a way to lose this baby weight) it makes me sick and scared, as a mother it makes me furious.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

April 16th, 2013, 06:38 AM
AllieD's Avatar Allison
Hope everyone is safe that lives in Boston and our thoughts to anyone who has family there. So horrible!

First Ultrasound:
5wks 5 days - Heartbeat 120

12 wks - Heartbeat 151

18 wks - Heartbeat 174

May 7th - It's a Baby BOY!

26 wks - Heartbeat 142
April 16th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Amber, I agree. I haven't gone on facebook much today because I don't want to see what everyone is posting, the videos or the pictures. That is not the vibe that needs to be spread involving this tragedy.

I hope that everyone with family and friends there is able to reach them to confirm they are okay. Boston has a hotline for you to call if you are looking for someone, and Google has set up a people finder to help as well. http://google.org/personfinder/2013-boston-explosions
Boston Mayor's Hotline for families of victims: 617-635-4500
Boston Police line for witnesses who may have information: 800-494-8477

Red cross also has a registry for those trying to let family know they are okay https://safeandwell.communityos.org/cms/index.php

Click the blinkies!

April 16th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With everything that has been happening, from school shootings to terror attacks, I feel even more terrified than normal to be a mother. I need to turn off the news and what some trashy TV.
April 16th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So saddened by the event and scared too

April 16th, 2013, 09:32 AM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Its so sad and senseless. My husband and a lot of his friends are runners, he has friends that travel that country competing.....I can't believe someone would attack a group of runners. I hope they find the people responsible quickly
April 16th, 2013, 03:44 PM
BostonmamaSue12's Avatar Veteran
I live 20 minutes outside of Boston and it is devastating! I have several friends running the marathon and all are ok. My husband's office was right near the JFK explosion and he was nice enough to drive his staff home so they could avoid the crowds on the train. I told my kids about it today and they said they don't understand why bad things keep happening...what could I say?

Expecting #3 on September 30th! ITS A BOY!!

April 16th, 2013, 04:01 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I live right outside Boston, and my family and friends are thankfully safe. We're all terribly shaken up. It's been incredible watching the community come together in this time of devastation.

April 17th, 2013, 05:04 AM
CountryMedic911's Avatar Kerana mama to be in 2013
I moved from mass to ga in 06 still have many friends up there many of which work EMS and responded to this horrific scene thankfully they are all ok! They are shaken up but physically ok. My service in Atlanta saw an increase of police presence in the city and on routine calls due to the tragedy in Boston and due to what happened with the Gwinnett Firefighters. It's a sad world we live in today but I have faith it will change for the better!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the awesome siggy!

April 17th, 2013, 06:30 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad to hear from you Boston Mamas! I was concerned, I can't lie. Glad to see yinz and your friends/family are okay!

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 17th, 2013, 12:47 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
My thoughts go out to everyone through this.

April 17th, 2013, 02:14 PM
I'm glad to hear that everyone here and their friends/family are physically okay.

Click the blinkies!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search