Does it ever get less scary?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ILoveStorm2011

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 11:22 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
So even though I'm in the second trimester I still take extra precautions on things. I just spend 30 minutes googling everything I could about Gaviscon even though my doctor told me to take it. And I've been worried about ticks (something I'm scared of anyways considering one once laid eggs on my cat and he decided to pick them off on my bed).
So I ask - does it ever get less scary? Obviously not cowering in a corner, but growing a human being can be stressful!
April 16th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Julie
One pregnancy I ate cold cuts. I think it was the second or third. Then I went right back to being paranoid about listeria, so i guess it varies with pregnancies for some. Inever really knew why exactly I shouldn't sleep on my back until this pregnancy so now I worry about that more. There's always something to worry about, the trick is to not let it consume you.

April 16th, 2013, 04:32 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love my Gaviscon first of all. I've used that stuff since I can remember being able to articulate that my stomach/colon/bowel problem was acting up. So I figure if I took it as a kid, why not be able to take it now?

As far as the whole "less scary" thing, I don't know. I never get less scared, especially once my child is in the world. I'm the type of mom that will check on them every 15-30 minutes though, sleeping or not. If I get nervous, I use a mirror. I had a rough start being a mom so I kind of attribute it to that. My oldest was brought home on apnea and bradicardia monitors. My second DD was brought home and had jaundace. My son has asthma too so that isn't an easy thing to be calm about. Once my children hit 3 though, I lighten up a little. Not much though. I check on them every few hours as opposed to every few minutes when they're sleeping. However, my children still play in the same room I'm in, for the most part, and my oldest will be 7 in June. I'll let you know if I ever get less scared though. Probably never lol DH has been trying to convince me for years to lighten up and let them be kids and just trust them. I'd like to but they're my babies. If something would happen to them....I don't know what I'd do. They're my heart outside of my body. They're the reason I wake up every single day. I can honestly say, I wouldn't be who I am without each and every one of my children...So yeah...I'm really no help lol

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 16th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I usually feel a bit better in the third trimester because if born there's a better chance at survival. Then I start to worry about the freak things like umbilical cord accidents.
April 16th, 2013, 05:06 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I don't think it gets any easier. I think it gets even harder after they are born. My oldest is 13 and I still worry about him all the time. Maybe even more so since he is starting to branch out on his own more.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 16th, 2013, 05:26 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think it ever gets less scary, once the baby is here I would venture to say it even gets more scary lol.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

April 16th, 2013, 08:49 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Yikes!
April 16th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Veteran
I hate to say it but no. I remember thinking with my first, once I feel movement it will be less scary. Then once the movement started if the baby tooka good nap and I couldn't feel it for a while I would stress. Then I deciced once the baby is here it would be less scary but then there is the crying you can't explain and then the bumps and bruises as they start to get active. Still hasn't gotten less scary yet!

April 16th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Take this for what it's worth because I do have an anxiety disorder, but the answer is no. I will worry about everything I do/eat/drink/feel in each trimester, then in the last trimester will worry about crazy things like cord accidents or my placenta detaching, then after the baby is born I will worry about SIDS, and as they get older, I'll find other things to worry about...I wish that I wasn't like this so that I'd be able to enjoy more and worry less, but for me it's not that realistic.
April 16th, 2013, 09:26 AM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I look everything up. There have been several things I ate or took that I didnt realize could cause issues so i try to be safe.
April 16th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a 5 year old and 2 year old, and there are still times when I get images in my head of horrific things happening to them. Like them falling over the railing at the mall, or being in a car accident when I'm not in the car, or something happening at daycare... it doesn't consume me, but there are scary moments all the time. 105 degree fevers, falls down the stairs, etc.... it happens, and it's scary! I don't even know how I'll deal with it when they're older and being more independent. I think I'll have a heart attack when my son gets his drivers license. So no, I don't think it gets any easier. It just changes... you'll worry about different things, but you'll still worry.

August 2012 December 2012
April 16th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieshalon2 View Post
I don't think it gets any easier. I think it gets even harder after they are born. My oldest is 13 and I still worry about him all the time. Maybe even more so since he is starting to branch out on his own more.

totally agree. mine is 12 and is at the pre-teen stage where mom isn't cool anymore and all he wants to do is hang out with his friends. there is so much more to worry about now the internet, sex, drugs, hanging out with the wrong people.

http://www.gofundme.com/Valentina
April 16th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Super Mommy
It doesn't get less scary for me either. After they are born you worry and keep worrying. I am sure our parents would say they still worry about us if you asked them. Also with the pregnancy, I think for me I am worrying more with this one. I've been lucky three times over already, and hoping and praying my luck lasts one more pregnancy.
April 16th, 2013, 04:02 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope! You can't see your baby when your pregnant, so the few times you feel ok are when you are having an ultrasound. But then again you are staring at the screen waiting for someone to say everything is ok.
You think you will feel better once the baby is born, but then there is a whole new set of worries and you wish you could put the baby back in your tummy so you can be the one to protect it again.
You are a parent now, so you will always have some sort of worries about your child. It is normal.

April 16th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There is always something new and exciting to worry about as they keep getting older.
Try not to stress yourself out though.
April 16th, 2013, 05:34 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Thank you all for not thinking I'm crazy - everyone always tells me not to worry, but then they all have older kids now!
I love this group So supportive
*Lana* likes this.
April 16th, 2013, 05:59 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, it doesn't get any better when they are actually here unfortunately. I find when I can finally stop worrying about one thing SIDS, choking) we enter another stage of worry (car accidents, running in front of a car, falling of the bunk bed).

But for here and now, I'm more worried because I can't feel the baby all the time yet. I'm just terrified of going to the doctor a month later and find out we lost him/her. For me, once I hit that constant movement I think I'll feel a little better about everything. It was really nice to get the NT scan out of the way and talk to the doctor and hearing her confidence that everything will be ok this time.

April 17th, 2013, 11:44 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I wouldn't so much say scary, but rather worrisome. I end up worrying more as things go on.

But for me pregnancy is the scary part. I am so scared of having a still born.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search