Anyone excited to bf?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Our youngest was supposed to be our last. Emotionally I went through his first year savoring everything. Then we decided one more but I couldn't get pg after a year and half so I accepted it. A year after that and SURPRISE!

To be able to experience bfing another baby at this point seems unreal to me. A hidden blessing I thought was gone
April 17th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I am so excited to bf I have loved bfing my babies
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 11mo 10/10/13

April 17th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am definitely looking forward to it..BUT I am nervous too! I was at home until DD was 1 yr old last time and even then I started supllementing with formula at 6 months and completely stopped at 10 months as my supply finally dried up. This time I am going to working after 6 - 8 weeks PP and will be pumping! So worried about this as I've hear it can be challenging and so many moms complain of supply dropping as soon as they get back to work and they can't pump enough for baby I hope it works out!! I really want this baby to have as much breast milk as possible - atleast as much as DD had!

April 17th, 2013, 09:05 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always get really nervous while pregnant about breastfeeding and then once I am in the swing of things it is fine.

I had issues with supply and so I think that has made me worry a lot about it.

I was reading on it yeasterday and it was saying it is totally normal to only get 1-2 ounces combined when pumping, which is what I was getting when I went back to work and it was not enough to feed her (Maya), so then I supplemented and after 4 months of breastfeeding, 2 of which were supplemented, I had to stop cause my milk supply was too low and it was really stressful.

With Sophia, my milk was not agreeing with her, and she had colic, so I switched her to formula and she was a different baby (oh and did I mention I had also kicked out my ex-husband and was starting a divorce at the time? it was too stressful)!

This time I am hoping to exclusively breastfeed until I go back to work at 4-6 months and then I will pump as much as I can (I read yesterday to pump twice as much as you would normally feed, since pumping is not as effective). I also plan on working with a lactation consultant. I figure it's cheaper to pay for a consult than to buy formula!!!

So am I looking forward to it, a little, although I have my apprehensions, but I know once I am in the swing of things again it will be fine

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 17th, 2013, 09:55 AM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitha View Post
I am definitely looking forward to it..BUT I am nervous too! I was at home until DD was 1 yr old last time and even then I started supllementing with formula at 6 months and completely stopped at 10 months as my supply finally dried up. This time I am going to working after 6 - 8 weeks PP and will be pumping! So worried about this as I've hear it can be challenging and so many moms complain of supply dropping as soon as they get back to work and they can't pump enough for baby I hope it works out!! I really want this baby to have as much breast milk as possible - atleast as much as DD had!
I went back for the last week of school when Sawyer was 7ish weeks and then at the end of the summer when Sawyer was about 17 weeks. I pumped at work both times. I would recommend trying to build up a stash right away and freezing it so you can use that. I did lose some supply while I was pumping at work. Eventually, when Sawyer was around 5 months, I had my daycare supplement baby food/cereal for one bottle. It was less stress for me because I wasn't pumping enough, and I felt it was close enough to 6 months to be okay.

This time around, I will be a little more nervous- I'm hoping to take 12 weeks off, which would put me going back to work in January. If I'm part time like I desperately want to be... I think it will be okay. If I go full time, I will be nervous about being able to keep up with supply. But my plan will be to pump a ton while I'm home with the baby so that I've got a big freezer stash if I'm not making enough.

April 17th, 2013, 10:04 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan on pumping right away as well.

I'm going to research breast pumps to see what is the best one to use for supply issues. I'm hoping I can rent a hospital grade one and it works better? I'll post back what I find.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 17th, 2013, 11:54 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Kinda, but not really. We are so so so so busy.... I just am afraid of how it will go.

April 17th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Looking forward to it? No.

I literally just weaned my almost 2 year old this last week. Having fibromyalgia & the pain that comes with breastfeeding alone, no I am not looking forward to it per se. But I will do it.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
April 17th, 2013, 10:08 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can't wait! I loved it.

April 18th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Veteran
i'm looking forward to trying it again with this baby. with my son it was really hard to get the hang of, it was so painful and my exhusband wasn't any help, so unsupportive etc. i ended up not producing enough and was only able to do it for about 6 weeks. i defiantly wanna try for a lot longer this time.

http://www.gofundme.com/Valentina

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search