You've Got to Be Kidding Me!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2013, 07:29 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
http://www.etsy.com/listing/92027908...rella-stroller
Is one
There's a vintage black and gold one that I was going to sew a Batman logo on the top covery thing if you google "Batman baby stroller" it should pop up in images. I couldn't figure out where you'd buy it though. There's another one that was part of a virtual baby parade (also found by googling the phrase "Batman baby stroller") that I origionally thought was for sale, which was REALLY COOL that I was going to try to buy and when I realized I couldn't buy it I was going to try to re-create it.
Sadly, my DH said no to all forms of Batman strollers..I'm pretty upset. SO I'm finding other ways to incorperate Batman into our baby gear

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 17th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Veteran
Give that little girl a truck, she will love it!!

April 17th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermansWife4 View Post
HEY HEY HEY! NEVER say no super heros for a girl! TOTALLY NOT FAIR! I was looking for a Batman stroller and Bat gear for our child, boy or girl. I think it's gender neutral. I LOVE the trucks idea too! Give it a whatever color blue/purple is - Periwinkle? I dunno. DO LIME GREEN! I love lime green and I'm technically female Action figures are amazing too! Maybe I'm the geeky nerd here and maybe I'm way out of line, but those three things you mentioned can go either way. As someone who adores comicon and wishes she could go to Philly for one, I vote YES on all 3 "themes" no matter the gender!
I love comics and action figures myself, but not as a child. They'll be into dolls if they have any of my genetics. =P

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven Hoping to get knocked up in 2016...sometimes.
http://arwenart.com
April 17th, 2013, 08:56 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Awwww...I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted. I can totally understand what a bummer that must be, in a way None the less, congratulations on your little girl. If I'm every lucky enough to have a 3rd one, I won't lie...I'm going to feel the same way as you. I totally love my two little girls, but a change would be nice as well!
Spyctre likes this.
April 18th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Druslady96's Avatar Veteran
You better just get moving right after for the next one... LoL. Congrats on your baby girl!

April 18th, 2013, 05:03 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I understand gender disappointment very well. I am hoping and praying that we do get a girl this time. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my boys, but dh and I are dying for a little girl.
Is this definitely going to be your last pregnancy?
Spyctre likes this.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 18th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry and congrats! You will just have to encourage your husband to do all the fun boy stuff, like throwing a football and going fishing, with his daughters. I was a bit of a tomboy, probably because I had an older brother and wanted to be like him. I loved spending time with my dad and he was good about never treating my brother or I differently.
soul_donut likes this.
April 18th, 2013, 08:47 AM
CountryMedic911's Avatar Kerana mama to be in 2013
I don't know if I should say congrats or sorry :-/...maybe since you like the comic books she will want to be like you

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the awesome siggy!

April 18th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieshalon2 View Post
Is this definitely going to be your last pregnancy?
For sure! I hate being pregnant so much. Never ever again. That's what I said last time, and we had decided to only try one time in Feb to get a baby on Halloween. If that didn't work, we were going to get something done. This time my doctor even agreed to an elective cesarean if I wanted to get it done at the same time. I'm probably going to wait the 6 weeks, and out will come my uterus!

And if we try again, we'll get 4 girls. That's how it works.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven Hoping to get knocked up in 2016...sometimes.
http://arwenart.com
April 18th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, my 2 year old daughter LOVES playing with my son's batman and spiderman toys. She steals his toy sword all the time. And she insists on watching Batman. The only reason she does anything girly is because I was so excited about having a girl that I kept shoving dolls in her face until she finally started playing with them! She also loves playing with my son's helicopters and trucks. So I say why not go for the trucks and action figures?

With that said, my brother was the third born in my family, after me and my sister. Growing up with 2 older sisters, he was often found playing with my doll house. So you just never know what they'll be into.

August 2012 December 2012
April 18th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd still go with monster trucks and super heroes. You'd be surprised with how much little girls love them. Mine do. And, I know how you feel. Although, I do have two boys, I never really wanted girls. Finding out my 4th was another girl was so tough for me. But in the end, you'll love her just the same. We all thought for sure that #6 was a boy and when She came out, I was shocked. I'll bet this one is a girl too.

April 18th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, three girls would be agreat team of sisters. I understand gender disappointment though. I really wanted a boy this time. But my NT scan showed girl. There is slight chance for a boy we'll find out for sure at the 20 week u/s BUt I am already at peace with having two girls. It will take a day or two to adjust to this fact, but its going to be amazing after that to imagine all the fun things your girls are going to be doing together Congrats!

April 18th, 2013, 11:57 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
So sorry you didn't get your boy. Congrats on your little girl

April 23rd, 2013, 09:43 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
hopefully you have warmed up to the idea of another girl. Sorry you are disappointed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search