Elimination communication... in brooklyn

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2013, 01:34 PM
chachartier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think I felt offended or anything, just trying to put in my two cents after all of Dominic's diaper rashes, and he is also a VERY poopy kid, when I heard that I could get him to poop in the toilet BEFORE he was potty trained I was OVER THE MOON! It was not as easy as I hoped it would be, and 90% of the time he still poops in his diaper because the daycare obviously won't take the time to try to estimate when he has to go and hold him over the potty, but I think if he had the very early stuff, learning from day one that feeling wet/soiled is not comfortable and not something you are supposed to get used to, then he would notify us much more quickly when he goes/has to go, and we could at least get him out of the diaper before 20 minutes has gone by and all of a sudden he has a deep red, bumpy rash

I like EC, but it IS hard work if you don't live in a community that is totally naked-baby-friendly in all intended purposes of the nakedness. I will try it with #2 from day one, but I am also apprehensive about how well it is going to work with a toddler running around at the same time that I am trying to pay attention to the peeing/pooping of the infant, and on top of that I will be returning to work at least part-time at 4 or 5 weeks postpartum so I'm not entirely sure what to expect but we will see! I do have a friend who ECd both of her children, and they are only I think 18 to 20 months apart, so I guess it can be done! But she is also a SAHM

Make a pregnancy ticker

Last edited by chachartier; April 18th, 2013 at 01:36 PM.
April 18th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
No one offended me. I wouldn't even call what I do EC. lol Never really thought about it. When both my girls started to eat real food, they both decided that pooping would be their bodies going ramrod-strait, their butt cheeks clinched tightly together, their faces turn beet red, and they start hollering. They have the hardest time pooping that way, obviously. lol

I kept the potty out for Alice. I'd sit her there when she pottied, and she'd watch tv. One day she walked over to it, diaper on, sat down, and pooped. From that moment on, she'd squat and poop in her diaper.

Winter started the same thing; going strait and turning red. So I put her on the big potty with Alice's child seat. Now when she needs to potty, Winter will come up to me and start crying while standing on her tip-toes. Potty time.

My grandmother claims all of hers were trained before one. What she meant was she was trained before her children were one! I do not want to CD. I don't like doing the laundry we have now! As hippy as EC sounds, I think my love for disposable diapers makes me solidly first world.

And that is so gross people spreading human waste around. Aren't those drains for STORM WATER?

Last edited by Spyctre; April 18th, 2013 at 02:37 PM.
April 18th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did not read the responses, but I used EC with both of my kids to a great extent. We did use diapers at times, but most of the time even when they were wearing diapers, we still took them to the toilet. But we DID NOT ever let them go potty in a sink or trash can! They went to the toilet like everyone else!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 18th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know people that EC & I take my hat off to them. It's not for me, but each to their own.

Mama to -
DD15, DD14, DD12, DS10, DS5, DD2

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
April 18th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Veteran
i did it with my daughter. It was pretty amazing actually. I'm not too sure if I'm going to be able to do it with twins though. Could be more of a challenge.
Effervescence likes this.
April 18th, 2013, 06:58 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not for me either...sounds like too much work!!

April 23rd, 2013, 08:54 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
For me EC isn't what I would choose. Seems like a lot of extra work, and I have heard of parents just letting their babies sit and sit and sit.

Ill do diapers till my kids are reading to potty train, when they were ready the longest it took me to PT my kid was a week if that. My oldest took 2 days.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search