How will you bathe your infant?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2013, 11:39 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know some people just give them a shower when they are taking a shower, some moms just use sinks, some use specific bathtubs...What will you be using? Provide a pic or link if you can.

I will be buying this, unless someone convinces me otherwise. It got great reviews and I don't know what else to try that is better.

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-O...I1IMO696FRHGZB

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 18th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This is the one I had with DD & loved it.
http://www.target.com/p/summer-infan...s/-/A-10411714

Unfortunately I gave it away. But will be purchasing the exact same thing again. We placed this in the sink. I had a little bucket and a cup. I would fll the bucket with warm water and then use the cup to gently pour the water over her and wash her. Workerd great for me. We used this until she was about 5 1/2 months old at which point we got an inflatable baby tub that we placed inside the bath tub. Come to think of it we really didn't need it as we started usuing the full bath tub a couple of months after that!

April 18th, 2013, 11:51 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I think I'll pick out something like Anitha's - I figure it would be best not to spend too much on it since they'll be in the tub soon. I'm just terrified of such a teeny little baby and water so I'd want some kind of contraption like that!
April 18th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a eurotub with my two youngest but I lost the hose so I think I'll buy a new one. I'm sure there's something better that's been created in the last 7 years.

I also like to take baths with them when they are newborn. It's so calming for them.
April 18th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This was on sale at Target last week for $15, so I got one in blue.
I had the same one for both of my other kids. No complaints.

http://m.target.com/p/the-first-year...k/-/A-10723326
April 18th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Veteran
As quickly as possible if this one is anything like big brother (he screamed the entire time for a bath for the first month +). I used a tub much like Anitha's post for the first several months and then upgraded to an inflatable one that sits in the tub. We still use it, saves a little water rather than filling the whole tub.

April 18th, 2013, 12:31 PM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I don't have a bathtub in my house, just a shower stall, so for a while baby will just be in a very simple tub like the one Anitha posted.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 18th, 2013, 12:32 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I saw a really cool one online just now for $80!!! I am NOT spending that much on a tub, lol.

I initially wanted a sink type contraption but I don't think that is practical for us. We only have one sink that would work and it usually has dishes in there, lol.

I just looked up Eurotub and I had that one with Sophia, lol. But not with a hose. It was a hand me down from a co-worker. i can't remember ever really liking any of the bathtubs I had. maybe I should try something different.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 18th, 2013, 12:41 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was considering this one, seems to have good reviews, and is priced fair.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/precious...Box=&addFacet=

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 18th, 2013, 01:42 PM
chachartier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We did the exact same thing as mountain momma, although Dominic never really hated baths. He did start trying to climb out of the inflatable one so I started just doing the whole bath tub now that he has been sitting unsupported for a LONG time and has good balance and everything. I do like those little chairs though, they look kinda like bumbo chairs but for in the bathtub? I might try one of those with this baby when he/she gets big enough

Make a pregnancy ticker

April 18th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Super Mommy
We used the kitchen sink (easier on my back and with 2nd DS I had reconstructive ankle surgery 4 weeks after having him so I had to do what was easiest since I was in a cast and on crutches) and we also had the soothing spa tub that came with a sling and a shower sprayer thing and I would sit behind the tub inside my bathtub. Also bathed him with me the first few weeks.

Our Tobianne 10/24/13

DS # 1 Jacob is 7 years old
DS # 2 Austin is 3 years old
April 18th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I took alot of lukewarm baths while healing from my delivery. I just brought Sawyer in with me. I would lay him on his back and put my hand under his head and he would close his eyes and just float. He loved it so much that I just always took him in the bath with me to float.

When he could sit up he started going in the shower with my husband. They still take a shower together every night. I love it. It gives me 10 minutes of free time to pull out my secret stash of M&Ms and sit on the couch.

April 18th, 2013, 05:41 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will probably just bring baby in the bath with me and eventually move to the sink.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

April 18th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Occasional bath in the baby bath, but apart from that baby will shower with Dh. He is way more steady with them in his arms than me!

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
April 18th, 2013, 06:02 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon View Post
This was on sale at Target last week for $15, so I got one in blue.
I had the same one for both of my other kids. No complaints.

http://m.target.com/p/the-first-year...k/-/A-10723326
I have this one in blue. I liked it because the sling was nice as a newborn and I could put water in it. If I used the regular bathtub it would take more water. I like to have baby's bottom soak in the water. After peeing and pooping in a diaper all day, I think it is nice to have a good soak.
I bathed DD in a bathroom sink when she was 2.5 months old when we were on vacation. That was hard as I only had one hand free because I was supporting her head with the other. If I used a kitchen sink I would want to give it a thorough cleaning before each bath. So the baby tub worked well for me.

April 18th, 2013, 06:41 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Lana* View Post
I have this one in blue. I liked it because the sling was nice as a newborn and I could put water in it. If I used the regular bathtub it would take more water. I like to have baby's bottom soak in the water. After peeing and pooping in a diaper all day, I think it is nice to have a good soak.
I bathed DD in a bathroom sink when she was 2.5 months old when we were on vacation. That was hard as I only had one hand free because I was supporting her head with the other. If I used a kitchen sink I would want to give it a thorough cleaning before each bath. So the baby tub worked well for me.
I have the blue one, too.

Stacey, wife to Allan & Mom to:
~Anastasia (14) C/S, 8lbs 7oz, 20.5"~
Noah (11) C/S, 8lbs 12oz, 19"~
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

April 18th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sink and shower. I absolutely hate baby bath tubs. Such a waste of money and space.
fludderbye likes this.

April 18th, 2013, 07:26 PM
mamarazzi40's Avatar Veteran
I have the same one as Anitha in a different print. It was perfect early on and then eventually I got this:

http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-White.../dp/B000066665

Our bath tub is big and I only wanted to keep her in a contained space until she was bigger.

Sometimes we did sink baths too.

Was very happy with both of the above and looking forward to the same!
Anitha likes this.
April 18th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
After peeing and pooping in a diaper all day, I think it is nice to have a good soak.
Totally agree.

The last 2 times, I used a cheap little plastic tub, then bathed them in the sink when they got big enough to sit up. I'll probably do the same thing this time.

For those who take a bath with baby, I can't figure out how to do that. Wet babies are so slippery, especially when they get big enough to do a lot of squirming!
April 19th, 2013, 03:41 AM
fludderbye's Avatar Super Mommy
I do the kitchen sink !

towel beside the sink on the counter, warm water in the sink- wet baby- soapy washcloth, rinse- done-

used to have the tubs and stuff when they are little but they all hated it so got rid of them and went to the sink

that and its the perfect size when they cn sit up gives them some space tht they can splash etc with little worry of the BIG tub LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search